Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Accept - Balls to the Wall

Go down 
+18
James B.
the sentinel
Glower
Troublezone
brokentulsa
Witchfinder
Gilbert
MoonChild
Boris2008
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
metalinmyveins
Red Kitty
bgsully
ghost
80s Metal Lady
MetallicSeminarian
candlemass
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

Accept - Balls to the Wall - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 10:10 pm

candlemass wrote:
Ok, so what's like the best tune on each of those other two from "the trilogy?"

By trilogy, I assume Restless--Metal Heart

My favorite song off Restless and Wild is the title track, but there are so many superb tracks: "Fast As A Shark," "Ahead of the Pack," "Neon Nights," "Demon's Night," "Princess of the Dawn." That's why that album is Top 5 metal albums of all time for me.

My favorite song off Metal Heart is "Living For Tonite." It's catchy as hell, but there is a lot of great stuff on that album ("Screaming For A Love Bite" aside).
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 10:15 pm

candlemass wrote:

"Princess of the Dawn"

"Head Over Heels"
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 10:33 pm

the sentinel wrote:
candlemass wrote:

"Head Over Heels"

I already know about this lp.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 10:53 pm

candlemass wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
candlemass wrote:

"Head Over Heels"

If you don't know Restless and Wild, listen to the entire album NOW! headbanger
Get thee to thou Spotify!
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 11:06 pm

Not sure about Metal Heart, but for R&W I would go with these three:

1. Princess of the Dawn
2. Restless and Wild
3. Fast as a Shark

Those three are enough to make the album essential and the other tunes on it are solid, as well.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 1:18 am

good album (IMHDO)

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 8:17 am

favorite track gotta be fight back. UDO has those screams from hell.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 8:19 am

fight it back. heaviest nastiest accept track ever.
Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 9:04 am

007 wrote:
Red Kitty wrote:
007 wrote:
I think it's their best. It probably has to do with it being the album I first heard by them plus seeing them open for KISS on that tour.

I saw that very same tour...in Pittsburgh.  First time seeing both Kiss and Accept

Hey ! I was at the same show. One of the last shows at the old Stanley Theater, We had balcony seats.

Small world! We were on the lower level, if I remember correctly. Haven't lived in Pittsburgh since '86. Did they tear down the Stanley Theater? I don't recall...
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 9:07 am

My favorite Accept album restless and wild is a close 2nd. Metal Heart was a left down when it was released, but has grown on me over the years.
Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 9:16 am

Favorite tracks from the 'Trilogy':

Restless & Wild: Fast as a Shark
Balls to the Wall: Love Child
Metal Heart: Teach Us to Survive
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 9:45 am

Red Kitty wrote:

Restless & Wild:  Fast as a Shark
Balls to the Wall:  Love Child
Metal Heart:  Teach Us to Survive

Mine would be

Restless & Wild: Pricess of the Dawn
Balls to the Wall: Love Child
Metal Heart: Metal Heart
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 11:50 am

Red Kitty wrote:
007 wrote:
Red Kitty wrote:
007 wrote:
I think it's their best. It probably has to do with it being the album I first heard by them plus seeing them open for KISS on that tour.

I saw that very same tour...in Pittsburgh.  First time seeing both Kiss and Accept

Hey ! I was at the same show. One of the last shows at the old Stanley Theater, We had balcony seats.

Small world!  We were on the lower level, if I remember correctly.  Haven't lived in Pittsburgh since '86.  Did they tear down the Stanley Theater?  I don't recall...

It was actually renovated and is now the Benedum Center, home to the Opera, Ballet and the like.
Back to top Go down
Hec_The_Wreck
Metal novice
Metal novice
Hec_The_Wreck

Number of posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 6:47 pm

I was into this band before Balls and when it came out it was a joke,yeah there are a few good tracks but it wasn't like the earlier stuff,sure this album put them on the map for people that never heard them but for me it was the end, I got into heavier stuff after this.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 2:20 am

Quote :

Restless and Wild...Neon Nights
Balls To The Wall.....Guardian of The Night
Metal Heart....Screaming for a Love-bite tied with Bound To Fail
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 8:27 am

Red Kitty wrote:

Mine are

Restless & Wild - Fast As A Shark
Balls To The Wall - Balls To The Wall
Metal Heart - Up To The Limit
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 11:43 am

I received Balls to the Wall on vinyl for my fifteenth birthday in 1985, along with the debut W.A.S.P. album. When my Mom handed those records to me on my big day she said (with a note of distaste in her voice), "From now on you are ON YOUR OWN if you want to buy these things!" -- apparently my prim-and-proper Mom had suffered some fairly severe trauma from having to ask the record store clerk for an album with "Balls" in the title. I knew at that moment that I was a man. Thanks, Mom!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 11:50 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I received Balls to the Wall on vinyl for my fifteenth birthday in 1985, along with the debut W.A.S.P. album. When my Mom handed those records to me on my big day she said (with a note of distaste in her voice), "From now on you are ON YOUR OWN if you want to buy these things!" -- apparently my prim-and-proper Mom had suffered some fairly severe trauma from having to ask the record store clerk for an album with "Balls" in the title. I knew at that moment that I was a man. Thanks, Mom!!

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 11:55 am

Witchfinder wrote:

lol!

I really wish I could've been a fly on the wall when she went to the record store to buy me that LP. I imagine it must've went something like this:

Mom: (whispering) "Um...excuse me sir... do you have the album... (cough cough) 'You-know-what's To the Wall' by Accept?"

Clerk: "I'm sorry, WHAT To the Wall, ma'am?"

Mom: (a little louder) "Um...Balls to the Wall?"

Clerk: "I'm sorry, Ma'am, I still didn't hear you. WHAT to the wall?"

Mom (cringing) "BALLS, DAMMIT! BALLS! BALLS TO THE WALL!"

Clerk: (yelling across store to other clerk) "HEY JIM! HAVE WE GOT 'BALLS TO THE WALL?' YEAH, YOU HEARD ME! 'BALLS!' THIS LADY IS LOOKIN' FOR 'BALLS TO THE WALL'!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 11:59 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

lol!

I really wish I could've been a fly on the wall when she went to the record store to buy those. I imagine it must've went something like this:

Mom: (whispering) "Um...excuse me sir... do you have the album... (cough cough) 'You-know-what's To the Wall' by Accept?"

Clerk: "I'm sorry, WHAT To the Wall, ma'am?"

Mom: (a little louder) "Um...Balls to the Wall?"

Clerk: "I'm sorry, Ma'am, I still didn't hear you. WHAT to the wall?"

Mom (cringing) "BALLS, DAMMIT! BALLS! BALLS TO THE WALL!"

Clerk: (yelling across store to other clerk) "HEY JIM! WE GOT 'BALLS TO THE WALL?' YEAH, YOU HEARD ME! 'BALLS!' THIS LADY IS LOOKIN' FOR 'BALLS TO THE WALL'!"

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 5:16 pm

Red Kitty wrote:

Mine would be:
Restless & Wild : Fast As A Shark
Balls To The Wall: Balls To The Wall
Metal Heart : Bound To Fail
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 11:30 pm

candlemass wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
candlemass wrote:

"Head Over Heels"

So, did you check out the other two albums in the trilogy yet?
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 7:38 am

Yea...eh.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2016 6:20 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

Good job that you weren't a fan of the Butthole Surfers!  lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Accept - Balls to the Wall
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2