Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Accept - Balls to the Wall

Go down 
+18
James B.
the sentinel
Glower
Troublezone
brokentulsa
Witchfinder
Gilbert
MoonChild
Boris2008
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
metalinmyveins
Red Kitty
bgsully
ghost
80s Metal Lady
MetallicSeminarian
candlemass
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

Accept - Balls to the Wall Empty
PostSubject: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 11:19 pm

Is there a better lp by them?...I think not!

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 11:24 pm

Probably not, although Restless and Wild, Blood of the Nations, and Stalingrad are all close.

But song for song it's hard to top BttW.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 11:36 pm

I bought that on cassette back when it came out for the title track, was pleasantly surprised at how good the whole lp was, wore that one out in my 73 Cutlass!
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 11:47 pm

Yes!

Accept - Balls to the Wall Restle11
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 12:14 am

No way!
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 6:16 am

Balls to the Wall is an excellent album. But I like Restless and Wild better.
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 8:25 am

ghost wrote:

X2
Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 8:54 am

I prefer Restless and Wild AND Metal Heart more...
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 9:23 am

Red Kitty wrote:
I prefer Restless and Wild AND Metal Heart more...

Metal Heart???

Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 9:46 am

I'm w/Red Kitty
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 9:49 am

Maybe not, it was the album that introduced me to the band, Fast as a Shark is my favorite song and the album I listen to the most now it's probably Breaker, but BTTW was Accept at the height of their powers before going a bit too radio friendly for me.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 10:24 am

ghost wrote:

and Stalingrad too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 11:06 am

I like both Restless And Wild and Balls To The Wall about equally.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 11:07 am

the entire accept discography is highly enjoyable. but personally, I rarely listen to accept anymore and focus much more on U.D.O.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 12:33 pm

I have a hard time picking between Restless and Wild, Balls To The Wall, and Metal Heart. I'd probably go with BTTW.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 12:40 pm

I've never really liked anything else by them, save for the clips I've heard from BotN, still need to get that one. Also liked some clips I heard from "Predator" last night, but that is too rare and expensive...

Have nothing from U.D.O. , not sure where to start...
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 12:51 pm

I prefer Metal Heart as well..love love love that album..followed by Deathrow...and then Balls to the wall...

Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 1:06 pm

candlemass wrote:
I've never really liked anything else by them, save for the clips I've heard from BotN, still need to get that one. Also liked some clips I heard from "Predator" last night, but that is too rare and expensive...

Have nothing from U.D.O. , not sure where to start...

Blood of the Nations is excellent, blew me away when I first heard it. Stalingrad is equally worthwhile, as well.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 2:47 pm

S.D. wrote:
I like both Restless And Wild and Balls To The Wall about equally.  

Same here.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 5:00 pm

I LOVE Metal Heart - what a follow up. So many songs on that one. Anyways, the song " Balls To The Wall " - that was the super rocket tune that brought down the wall - for me - and they were spot on with the video - too - UDO hanging on for dear life - into the wall - ACDC did Ballbreaker, but nooooo - someone said there's a nut cracker sound in the middle part - When radio played the song - without talking through the entire intro - forget it - and then the open lyric " Too many people - in this world - die of torture and pain - " ha ha come on instant fame. I hear that's how many people reactted when " Smoke On The Water " played - Great true German band - so many great German metal bands - sigh - USA has well.....KISS.....
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 6:17 pm

I think it's their best. It probably has to do with it being the album I first heard by them plus seeing them open for KISS on that tour.
Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 7:56 pm

007 wrote:
I think it's their best. It probably has to do with it being the album I first heard by them plus seeing them open for KISS on that tour.

I saw that very same tour...in Pittsburgh. First time seeing both Kiss and Accept
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 8:22 pm

I started a topic on this board many moons ago about a bands "Trilogy" or three best albums in a row and for Accept I would go with Restless through Metal Heart. I love all three equally but seem to play Metal Heart more these days (along with Objection Overruled ) and the Mark Tornillo fronted albums. Maybe I am a bit burned out on the more well known stuff.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 8:34 pm

Red Kitty wrote:
007 wrote:

I saw that very same tour...in Pittsburgh.  First time seeing both Kiss and Accept

Hey ! I was at the same show. One of the last shows at the old Stanley Theater, We had balcony seats.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 9:36 pm

Ok, so what's like the best tune on each of those other two from "the trilogy?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accept - Balls to the Wall   Accept - Balls to the Wall Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Accept - Balls to the Wall
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next