Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Balls to the Freakin' Wall Heavy Metal circa 1976!

Go down 
+4
Thrasher73
thejokeriv
ultmetal
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Balls to the Freakin' Wall Heavy Metal circa 1976! Empty
PostSubject: Balls to the Freakin' Wall Heavy Metal circa 1976!   Balls to the Freakin' Wall Heavy Metal circa 1976! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 9:09 am

The video is not an official video, but it's pretty cool and one of my all time favorite songs! Heavy as it gets in 1976. Love the wah solos!

Oh wait, sorry, allow me to be politically correct,
Balls to the Freakin' Wall "Hard Rock" circa 1976!
Balls to the Freakin' Wall Heavy Metal circa 1976! 11840

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Balls to the Freakin' Wall Heavy Metal circa 1976!   Balls to the Freakin' Wall Heavy Metal circa 1976! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 9:26 am

Come on Ult, you know that Metal didn't even exist until the 80's!!! All the mags and fans are just wrong!!!!

LOL!!!!!

Sounds like HEAVY METAL to me!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Balls to the Freakin' Wall Heavy Metal circa 1976!   Balls to the Freakin' Wall Heavy Metal circa 1976! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 9:31 am

I don't care what you call it, hard rock, heavy metal, rock 'n' roll. "Rocks" is one of my all time favorite albums! It's heavy as a freight train, especially for 1976. Tylers vocals were so cool in the 70's. The band had a raw, raunchy sound that sort of disappeared with the gloss and studio sheen of the 80's.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Balls to the Freakin' Wall Heavy Metal circa 1976!   Balls to the Freakin' Wall Heavy Metal circa 1976! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 9:31 am

One of the better Aerosmith songs. Good stuff !
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Balls to the Freakin' Wall Heavy Metal circa 1976!   Balls to the Freakin' Wall Heavy Metal circa 1976! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 9:36 am

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Balls to the Freakin' Wall Heavy Metal circa 1976!   Balls to the Freakin' Wall Heavy Metal circa 1976! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 9:44 am

Always thought their version was cool as well.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Balls to the Freakin' Wall Heavy Metal circa 1976!   Balls to the Freakin' Wall Heavy Metal circa 1976! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 10:23 am

ultmetal wrote:
I don't care what you call it, hard rock, heavy metal, rock 'n' roll. "Rocks" is one of my all time favorite albums! It's heavy as a freight train, especially for 1976. Tylers vocals were so cool in the 70's. The band had a raw, raunchy sound that sort of disappeared with the gloss and studio sheen of the 80's.

Rocks was one of the heaviest of the heavy metal albums of the 70's!!!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Balls to the Freakin' Wall Heavy Metal circa 1976!   Balls to the Freakin' Wall Heavy Metal circa 1976! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 10:32 am

thejokeriv wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Yes it was, but it still had diversity. It's wasn't "samey", as a lot of bands tend to get now. They had the heavier songs, the ballads, the mid-paced rockers, etc., not unlike another classic from 1976 "Sad Wings of Destiny".

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Balls to the Freakin' Wall Heavy Metal circa 1976!   Balls to the Freakin' Wall Heavy Metal circa 1976! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 10:37 am

Love this song,Love Testaments version too!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Balls to the Freakin' Wall Heavy Metal circa 1976!   Balls to the Freakin' Wall Heavy Metal circa 1976! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 10:38 am

ultmetal wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Yes it was, but it still had diversity. It's wasn't "samey", as a lot of bands tend to get now. They had the heavier songs, the ballads, the mid-paced rockers, etc., not unlike another classic from 1976 "Sad Wings of Destiny".

Yep, back when it was accepted that Heavy Metal bands would do diverse songs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Balls to the Freakin' Wall Heavy Metal circa 1976!   Balls to the Freakin' Wall Heavy Metal circa 1976! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 1:27 pm

Both of these songs, whatever you want to label them are kickass songs.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Balls to the Freakin' Wall Heavy Metal circa 1976!   Balls to the Freakin' Wall Heavy Metal circa 1976! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 7:49 pm

ultmetal wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

I agree that Rocks is one of the greatest rock albums from the 70's and also the diversity you are talkin' about as well. One of my faves from it is "Sick As A Dog", a bit different than the rest of the album with Joe Perry and Steven Tyler(!) playing bass on it and Tom Hamilton playing guitar on it. That song always stuck out on that album for me way back as a kid and it still does. Oh, and that rest of the album is heavy as anything anybody put out in the 70's.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Balls to the Freakin' Wall Heavy Metal circa 1976!   Balls to the Freakin' Wall Heavy Metal circa 1976! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 7:51 pm

Great song and as far as I'm concerned metal started with Black Sabbath so for me it has exist since at least 1970.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Balls to the Freakin' Wall Heavy Metal circa 1976!   Balls to the Freakin' Wall Heavy Metal circa 1976! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 5:32 am

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
Great song and as far as I'm concerned metal started with Black Sabbath so for me it has exist since at least 1970.

Thats a fact!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Balls to the Freakin' Wall Heavy Metal circa 1976!   Balls to the Freakin' Wall Heavy Metal circa 1976! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 7:56 am

One of my fave Aerosmith tunes, hadn't heard that in a LONG time. Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Balls to the Freakin' Wall Heavy Metal circa 1976!   Balls to the Freakin' Wall Heavy Metal circa 1976! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 10:56 am

Thanks for sharing Ult, cool video, and one of the only Aerosmith tracks I really dig. Rocks is a great album!
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Balls to the Freakin' Wall Heavy Metal circa 1976!   Balls to the Freakin' Wall Heavy Metal circa 1976! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Balls to the Freakin' Wall Heavy Metal circa 1976!
Page 1 of 1