Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016

Go down 
+31
Wurthless
Hadley
akeldama
kyleblack
Thrasher73
EvyMetal
corplhicks
martinsane
Eyesore
Hec_The_Wreck
MetalGuy71
Lari
Thelemech
scottmitchell74
muckie
Wargod
manny
chewie
Witchfinder
tohostudios
exact33
ZombieHavoc
Boris2008
Required Fields
nevermore
bgsully
DakotaRogers
the sentinel
MetallicSeminarian
Fat Freddy
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2016 4:39 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I unlocked and achieved a major Metal Nerd Bucket List Item today - my name is in the "thanks" list of a CD. :cheese:

A while ago I gave our pal Stormspell a hand with some editing and rewriting for the liner notes to his then-upcoming anthology CD for the Cleveland area thrash/death band TERROR ("Decades of Terror") ... I got my copy in the mail today, and Stormy gave me some props for "editorial assistance" in the booklet. Woohoo!

As someone who spent far too much time as a teen obsessively memorizing the lyric sheets, liner notes and thanks lists to every album. I owned, this is obviously a bigtime geek moment for me.

Stormy was kind enuff to throw me a couple of other freebies as a thank you for helping him out, so I also got:

Blazon Stone - "War of the Roses" and "Ready For Boarding" (EP)
Thundershield -s/t

Thanx for the opportunity and the goodies, Storm. headbanger

MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 38 604261 very cool FF!!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2016 4:41 pm

Tygers Of Pan Tang - S/T
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2016 8:19 pm

Thrift store pickups:

Yes - 90125

Billy Joel - Greatest Hits Vol. I and II (2CD in old-school "fat boy" doublewide jewel case)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2016 7:06 pm

Bob Dylan- John Wesley Harding
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2016 7:54 pm

A Sound Of Thunder - Who Do You Think We Are?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2016 5:48 am

nevermore wrote:

Nice! You order the CD version? Wonder if I'll get mine soon. headbanger
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2016 12:21 pm

Eyesore wrote:
nevermore wrote:

Nice! You order the CD version? Wonder if I'll get mine soon. headbanger

I did order the cd version. I would think yours will show up in the next day or so.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2016 3:06 pm

The thrifts were good to me again today:

Rush - Exit...Stage Left

Boston - s/t

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2016 6:08 pm

Wait...you only NOW bought the Boston S/T??????

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2016 6:53 pm

tohostudios wrote:

Yep, haha! I've always kinda dug Boston but I never owned any of their albums. I picked up "Don't Look Back" at the same Goodwill a few months ago too.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2016 7:02 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Yep, haha! I've always kinda dug Boston but I never owned any of their albums. I picked up "Don't Look Back" at the same Goodwill a few months ago too.

Wow.  Just wow.  

That's one of my "three-peat" albums; I've bought it on vinyl, cassette and CD.  It's also one of my "desert island" discs.  Sure it's been overplayed as hell since it came out but I still think it contains some damn fine songwriting.

BTW, I think most of their material after that pales by comparison.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2016 7:25 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Caustic - Malicious/Caustic
Eulogy - The Essence/Dismal
Flotsam and Jetsam - No Place for Disgrace
Hyrdra Vein - Rather Death Than False of Faith

These albums came in the mail today.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2016 8:15 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Wow.  Just wow.  

That's one of my "three-peat" albums; I've bought it on vinyl, cassette and CD.  It's also one of my "desert island" discs.  Sure it's been overplayed as hell since it came out but I still think it contains some damn fine songwriting.

BTW, I think most of their material after that pales by comparison.

Don't expect all metal fans to own or even like Boston.

I only own the Greatest Hits CD, and while I like it well enough, I hardly ever play it.

They're almost a quilty pleasure, because of the blatant corporate rock aspect. Like a Nickleback of the 70's.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2016 8:24 pm

Yeah I totally understand that.

But FF is almost in the same "old fart club" that I am so I was just surprised he'd never owned the Boston S/T.

And I agree about the "guilty pleasure" aspect of their music. Boston sure isn't a band a self-respecting metalhead is likely to brag about liking. As I said, the S/T is the only one I own by them and that's enough.

And I'm not even a metalhead. \'arry \'eadbanger

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2016 8:37 pm

I guess I never gave much thought to Boston back in the day ... they were one of those bands that I liked well enough when they came on the radio, but never felt particularly compelled to buy any of their albums.

...but when their CDs are showing up in the Goodwill store for a buck 99, I'm like "Ehh, why not?" Haha

Actually, since I've been scrounging thru the CD rack at Goodwill on a regular basis over the past year or so, I've been adding a lot of stuff to my collection that I wouldn't have touched with a ten foot pole in my "All Metal All The Time" days... Boston, Jethro Tull, U2, the Pretenders, R.E.M., Dixie Chicks, Liz Phair, Heart, etc., etc... hard rock/metal is still the bulk of my music collection but when CDs are that cheap I don't mind going "off the reservation" quite so much.

...tho I'm sure you'll be pleased to know, Toho, that one band I still don't own anything by is Journey. I've been in Goodwill with their Greatest Hits disc in my hand on several occasions, and each time I've **almost** pulled the trigger, but I still can't bring myself to do it. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2016 4:18 pm

Exorcist - Nightmare Theater
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2016 2:36 pm

Required Fields wrote:
MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 38 Cover214
MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 38 Hemotoxin%20-%20Biological%20Enslavement

These albums arrived this week. headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2016 3:55 pm

Defiance - Product Of Society
Sabbat - Dreamweaver
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2016 4:19 pm

Bob Dylan- Self Portrait
Chimes of Freedom- The Songs of Bob Dylan ( tribute disc)
The Runaways- ...And Now the Runaways
The Runaways- Live in Japan
Vandenberg-S/t
Arch Enemy- The Rise of the Tyrant
Candlebox- Playlist: The Very Best of Candlebox
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2016 8:06 pm

Freedom Call - Master Of Light
Diamond Head - S/T
Queen - Jazz
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2016 5:44 pm

Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake
King Kobra - King Kobra
King Kobra - King Kobra II
Mercyful Fate - Time
Pretty Maids - Kingmaker
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2016 8:24 pm

Toad The Wet Sprocket - Fear
Margo Price - Midwest Farmer's Daughter
ELO - Strange Magic:The Best Of ELO
Persecution - Tortured Existence
Antimatter - The Judas Table
Moonsorrow - Jumalten Ayka
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 6:38 pm

Dream Evil - In The Night - Digibook with 2 bonus tracks
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2016 11:39 am

One last plunge into the CDBaby $5 bin for the year:

Reptile - Solid Metal Rules
Seax - High On Metal
Victim - By The Neck

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2016 7:58 pm

Christmas haul:

CDs:

Leatherwolf - Unchained Live
Marshall Law - Power Crazy
Slayer - Decade Of Aggression
Slayer - Divine Intervention
Slayer - Undisputed Attitude
Grim Reaper - Walking In The Shadows
Judas Priest - Battle Cry

Vinyl:

Sanctuary - The Year The Sun Died - includes CD version of the album with one bonus track
Tygers Of Pan Tang - Only The Brave - 7" single with non-album track "What You Say"
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 38 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016
Page 38 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39  Next