Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016

Go down 
+31
Wurthless
Hadley
akeldama
kyleblack
Thrasher73
EvyMetal
corplhicks
martinsane
Eyesore
Hec_The_Wreck
MetalGuy71
Lari
Thelemech
scottmitchell74
muckie
Wargod
manny
chewie
Witchfinder
tohostudios
exact33
ZombieHavoc
Boris2008
Required Fields
nevermore
bgsully
DakotaRogers
the sentinel
MetallicSeminarian
Fat Freddy
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 2:23 pm

Visigoth - Final Spell
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 12:11 pm

Someone here (MetalGuy, I think?) mentioned a week or two ago that Perris Records was having a clearance sale on their web site so I wandered over there, took a peek and gambled on a handful of ultra cheap unknowns, which arrived today...

Crawler - Knight of the Word

Hammered - The Beginning

Rising Dust - Taste of Fire

Icy Steel - Kronothor

Crawler was $1.95, the others were 99 cents apiece, I figured that was cheap enuff to risk on some unfamiliar names. Rising Dust are French stoner rockers (the cover of Motörhead's "Iron Horse/Born to Lose" sold me) and the rest appear to be Italian power/trad metal bands. Perris threw in a couple of freebie sampler CDs as well. Neat-O.

Thanx for the tip on the sale, MG. This was the first time I've ever ordered from Perris but it prob won't be the last. I ordered these on Monday afternoon and they got em to me today (Friday), not too shabby.

Now if you'll 'scuse me I gots some listening to do... :cheese:

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 1:18 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Thanx for the tip on the sale, MG. This was the first time I've ever ordered from Perris but it prob won't be the last. I ordered these on Monday afternoon and they got em to me today (Friday), not too shabby.

Glad I could help you spend money. Smile It was my first time ordering from Perris as well and they did a nice job. I'd order from them again. The sampler cds were a nice touch, but kinda worthless. You'll find out soon enough.

I had that Crawler cd in my cart too, but decided against it at the last minute. Maybe next time.

And since I'm here, I picked up...

Ghost - Popestar ep

I planned on a few others when I ventured into Best Buy, but everything was sold-out. Their selection is really crappy anymore. If you don't get one of their 5 copies in stock on the day of release, forget it.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2016 9:58 am

MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 33 557369
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2016 1:06 pm

Twisted Sister - Metal Meltdown Live (CD/DVD/Blu Ray)

Hit up a cool little Mom and Pop record shop on the Cape the other day.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2016 3:03 pm

Visigoth - Final Spell - Limited Edition #23 of 1000
Eternal Champion - The Armor Of Ire
Hellrazer - Made Of Metal
Valhalla - Lightning In The Sky
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2016 3:43 pm

Melvins - ozma/glue porch treatment
Nazareth - hair of the dog
Nazareth - greatest hits
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2016 9:41 pm

Sabaton - Attero Dominatus
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2016 9:24 pm

Tonight's Goodwill picks:

Temple of the Dog - s/t

Various - Masters of Metal: Wreaking Havoc 1975-1985 Vol. 2
(a K-Tel style comp that's mostly stuff I already have, but Vandenberg's "Burning Heart" is on it and I haven't heard that song in dog years.)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2016 11:32 pm

Here are my September purchases...

Airbourne - Breakin' Outta Hell (w/Bonus Track)
Black Mass - Ancient Scriptures
Exordium Mors - The Apotheothis Of Death
Flaw - Divided We Fall
Green Day - Bang Bang (CD Single)
Handsome Family, The - Unseen
Helstar - Vampiro
Hundred Reasons - The Great Test (CD1 Single w/Non-LP Tracks)
Hundred Reasons - The Great Test (CD2 Single w/Non-LP Tracks)
In Solitude - The World, The Flesh, The Devil
Kansas - The Prelude Implicit (w/Bonus Tracks)
Knives Out - Left In The Lurch
Kroh - Altars (84 of 100)
Makers, The - All-Night Riot!!
Makers, The - Howl
Makers, The - Hunger
Makers, The - Shout On!!/Hip-Notic (EP)
Makers, The - Tear Your World Apart (EP)
Mississippi Bones - 2600 AD: And Other Astonishing Tales (Digital)
Mr. Big - Bump Ahead
O.A.R. - XX (2CD)
Obscure Sphinx - Epitaphs
Oddland - Origin
Red Fang - Murder The Mountains
Rev Theory - The Revelation
Revocation - Empire Of The Obscene (w/Bonus Tracks)
Saber Tiger - The Best Of
Soilwork - Death Resonance
Thinning The Herd - Oceans Rise
Wretch - Wretch
Young Heart Attack - Misty Rowe (CD Single w/Non-LP Tracks)
Young Heart Attack - Mouthful Of Love (EP)
Young Heart Attack - Over And Over (EP)
Young Heart Attack - Starlite (CD Single w/Non-LP Tracks)
Young Heart Attack - Tommy Shots (CD Single w/Non-LP Tracks)

And so far in October...

Bolido - We Are Rock
Davy Knowles - Three Miles From Avalon (w/Digital Bonus Tracks)
Devin Townsend Project, The - Transcendence (w/Bonus Tracks)
Early Man - Better Living Through Levitation (Single) (Digital)
Epica - The Holographic Principle (2CD)
Fire From The Gods - Narrative
Heaven Shall Burn - Wanderer (2CD)
Hessian - Bachelor Of Black Arts
Mountain - Flowers Of Evil
Nelson - The Silence Is Broken
Numenor - Sword And Sorcery
Opeth - Sorceress (2CD)
Orgy - Talk Sick (EP)
Pohjast - Mutased
Seas Of Wake - Depth Of The Marrow
Seas Of Wake - Virology
Seasick Steve - Keepin' The Horse Between Me And The Ground (2CD)
Sixx: A.M. - Prayers For The Damned, Vol. 1
Skull & Bones - The Cursed Island
Sonata Arctica - The Ninth Hour
Strypes, The - Snapshot
Suicidal Tendencies - World Gone Mad
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 9:22 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
(a K-Tel style comp that's mostly stuff I already have, but Vandenberg's "Burning Heart" is on it and I haven't heard that song in dog years.)

Man, the Masters of Metal series was my life's blood in the late 80s. I never had this particular entry, but I had a bunch and wore them out. Some of my first exposure to certain bands came through that series. I've often thought about collecting them for the novelty/nostalgia, but have yet to start.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 10:01 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:

Man, the Masters of Metal series was my life's blood in the late 80s. I never had this particular entry, but I had a bunch and wore them out. Some of my first exposure to certain bands came through that series. I've often thought about collecting them for the novelty/nostalgia, but have yet to start.

Haha, that's cool. I used to see those Masters of Metal albums in record-store bargain bins all the time back in the day. I never bought any of 'em cuz I usually had more than half of the songs on 'em already. This particular one has KISS, Motley, Rainbow, etc., etc. all of which have been well represented in my collection for many years. But hey, Vandenberg. I couldn't tell ya the last time I heard that track... Laughing very hard

Now that I think about it, I never really went for various artist compilations in general, even the "underground" ones that were meant to help you discover cool new bands, like the Metal Massacre series, Shrapnel's U.S. Metal, New Renaissance's Speed Metal Hell, etc. I was a kid with a piddly allowance in those days, so I could only afford one album every month or so ... therefore I was gun shy about buying an album full of unfamiliar names, cuz I was afraid I wouldn't like any of'em and then I'd be stuck with an LP full of turkeys. Haha

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 10:12 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Now that I think about it, I never really went in for various artist compilation albums in general, even the "underground" ones like the Metal Massacre series, Shrapnel's U.S. Metal, New Renaissance's Speed Metal Hell, etc.  As a kid whose piddly allowance would only afford one album every month or so in those days, I was always gun shy about buying an album full of unfamiliar names, cuz I was afraid I wouldn't like half of'em and then I'd be stuck with an LP full of turkeys. Haha

My piddly allowance was actually the reason I would get so many of the comps like that, because if I saved up $10, and was taken to the music store, I could get two of those tapes off the $5 rack vs. one tape from the regular rack. In retrospect, I probably would've walked away with more solid of an album generally, but that seemed the most...economical, as a kid.

The $5 rack was also why I often had more older tapes by bands like Aerosmith and Alice Cooper, instead of their newest albums, which were the ones I really wanted at the time.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 10:26 am

Quote :
The $5 rack was also why I often had more older tapes by bands like Aerosmith and Alice Cooper, instead of their newest albums, which were the ones I really wanted at the time.

Yep, that was me as well. The bargain racks (and the cut-out bins) were my best friends back then. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 10:57 am

Eyesore wrote:

Have you seen this...

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/maybe-seasick-steve-was-not-in-fact-a-hobo-he-was-actually-a-session-musician/

I guess some folks are getting their panties in a knot that ol'Steve wasn't the hobo he claimed to be. And his biggest crime against humanity? He played DISCO!!! Razz

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 3:35 pm

Red Fang - Only Ghosts
Thee Final Chaptre - It Is Written
Trap Them - Crown Feral
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 10:16 pm

Kik Axe - Vices (Cassette)

Long story short, I got sent the cassette even though the auction was for the disc. I told him of the error and he told me to keep the tape with a full refund. Very cool. "swordkillers" is the sellers name. The search for the CD continues as I now have it on vinyl and cassette.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 3:44 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Have you seen this...

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/maybe-seasick-steve-was-not-in-fact-a-hobo-he-was-actually-a-session-musician/

I guess some folks are getting their panties in a knot that ol'Steve wasn't the hobo he claimed to be. And his biggest crime against humanity? He played DISCO!!! Razz

Yeah, I saw that. Doesn't matter to me. I always took his "story" to be a bit of fiction. It kind of parallels Robert Johnson's, you know.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:06 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I have a few of those Metal comps with generic titles like "Heavy Metal Thunder" or whatever. I got them for the few bands and tracks I didn't have represented in the collection. If the price is right, I will pick them up for the sake of nostalgia or as a cool collectible.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 1:51 pm

the sentinel wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I have a few of those Metal comps with generic titles like "Heavy Metal Thunder" or whatever. I got them for the few bands and tracks I didn't have represented in the collection. If the price is right, I will pick them up for the sake of nostalgia or as a cool collectible.

There's a thread somewhere, but a couple years ago I picked up on vinyl a cheapie compilation I had as a kid that is probably one of my most nostalgic pieces of music...I think it was Witchfinder that helped me determine the exact title, as it is, of course, generic...below is a picture of the tape I had from google searching:

"Heavy Metal Rules"
MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 33 IMG_6445_grande
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 6:55 pm

Weapon - Set The Stage Alight - 35th Anniversary Edition
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 9:36 pm

Kiss - Agora Ballroom 1974 (The Cleveland Broadcast + Bonus Cuts)
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 9:37 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

There's a thread somewhere, but a couple years ago I picked up on vinyl a cheapie compilation I had as a kid that is probably one of my most nostalgic pieces of music...I think it was Witchfinder that helped me determine the exact title, as it is, of course, generic...below is a picture of the tape I had from google searching:

"Heavy Metal Rules"
MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 33 IMG_6445_grande

That is super cool! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2016 8:10 am

When i started getting seriously into metal, i got a lot of those compilation albums. Sometimes they could be really odd though, one of the ones i got was titled "Thrash Metal". Side 1 had Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax, Death Angel, and Nuclear Assault. So far so good, but side 2 had Vinnie Vincent Invasion, Helloween, Savatage, Lizzy Borden, and The Great Kat. All cool bands, but with the possible exception of Kat, hardly "thrash".
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 605

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2016 9:20 am

Add 2 more Genesis album to my collection: Foxtrot and Selling England by the Pound
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 33 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016
Page 33 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 39  Next