Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016

Go down 
+31
Wurthless
Hadley
akeldama
kyleblack
Thrasher73
EvyMetal
corplhicks
martinsane
Eyesore
Hec_The_Wreck
MetalGuy71
Lari
Thelemech
scottmitchell74
muckie
Wargod
manny
chewie
Witchfinder
tohostudios
exact33
ZombieHavoc
Boris2008
Required Fields
nevermore
bgsully
DakotaRogers
the sentinel
MetallicSeminarian
Fat Freddy
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage

MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 4:19 pm

That Steel and Starlight reissue is indeed great stuff, although I can still just as easily pop in the 1987 version. I'm more used to that one's order of songs, because "Go down Fighting" has always been a pretty sick opener. I think "Exhibit A" was more effective without that piano intro in place. "The Minutemen" is also great song, but not as memorable to me as the rest of the album. "Storm Warning" should've been re-recorded -- either for that album or Concrete Killers.

The major difference between the original mix and the remix is that the instrumentals stick out more. Nevertheless, both versions go well together.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 4:26 pm

Painkiller wrote:
That Steel and Starlight reissue is indeed great stuff, although I can still just as easily pop in the 1987 version. I'm more used to that one's order of songs, because "Go down Fighting" has always been a pretty sick opener. I think "Exhibit A" was more effective without that piano intro in place. "The Minutemen" is also great song, but not as memorable to me as the rest of the album. "Storm Warning" should've been re-recorded -- either for that album or Concrete Killers.

The major difference between the original mix and the remix is that the instrumentals stick out more. Nevertheless, both versions go well together.

I agree. To me, neither is better, but rather each producer made different choices. I think both versions work well.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 4:29 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
I agree.  To me, neither is better, but rather each producer made different choices.  I think both versions work well.
They do. Would love to see Concrete Killers up next.

A friend who went to see them in Germany last year said they played songs off that album, but not "The Heat and the Fire". Mad
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 4:32 pm

Painkiller wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
I agree.  To me, neither is better, but rather each producer made different choices.  I think both versions work well.
They do. Would love to see Concrete Killers up next.

A friend who went to see them in Germany last year said they played songs off that album, but not "The Heat and the Fire". Mad

Boo! They used to play it live back in the day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 5:09 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Boo!  They used to play it live back in the day.  
I think Vic Hix just can't hit those high notes anymore. I've seen recent Shok Paris videos, and he's barely hitting his mids. Not long ago, he slayed on those two Aftershok albums.

Also, my friend said that they were quite disappointing last year. I'm only hoping that this long-awaited fourth album will be on par with Aftershok.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 8:02 pm

Fates Warning- No Exit
Queensrÿche- Promised Land
Alice in Chains- Dirt
Skid Row- Skid Row
Vortex- Thrash is Alive
Buckethead- Pike 65: Hold Me Forever
Ramallah- Kill A Celebrity
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 4:48 am

Montrose- Paper Money
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 12:45 pm

Megadeth - The Threat Is Real - 12" single, RSD Exclusive, white vinyl
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 4:44 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
007 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
Shok Paris - Steel and Starlight (Cassette)

headbanger

Cranking it now!

If you didn't already know this, Steel and Starlight was issued last year by Auburn Records.  Their version is called "The Auburn Sessions" because it uses the original Auburn Records mixes and tracklisting.  It includes several demos as well.  

You can get it here:

http://www.amazon.com/Steel-Starlight-Auburn-Sessions-Paris/dp/B0116HQVGM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455760665&sr=8-1&keywords=shok+paris

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/shokparis4

I had no idea. Thanks !

\'arry \'eadbanger

I'm checking it out on Spotify right now. HUGE sonic improvement over the original release, and I think this original sequencing works better as well. It virtually sounds twice as heavy, and the vocal is much clearer (the original mix of the vocal has always been a bit grating to me). Certainly worth a purchase. Props.

This is why I voted it one of my best reissues of 2015 on my blog, which no one reads.  Obviously.  Sad  

Enjoy!

Of course no one reads your blog, with all those rehashed retro "metal" bands you gush over. Buncha z-grade Diamond Head wannabes. Razz
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 5:26 pm

Laughing very hard

Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 7:06 pm

MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 9 YTLD
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 7:18 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
007 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
Shok Paris - Steel and Starlight (Cassette)

headbanger

Cranking it now!

If you didn't already know this, Steel and Starlight was issued last year by Auburn Records.  Their version is called "The Auburn Sessions" because it uses the original Auburn Records mixes and tracklisting.  It includes several demos as well.  

You can get it here:

http://www.amazon.com/Steel-Starlight-Auburn-Sessions-Paris/dp/B0116HQVGM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455760665&sr=8-1&keywords=shok+paris

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/shokparis4

I had no idea. Thanks !

\'arry \'eadbanger

I'm checking it out on Spotify right now. HUGE sonic improvement over the original release, and I think this original sequencing works better as well. It virtually sounds twice as heavy, and the vocal is much clearer (the original mix of the vocal has always been a bit grating to me). Certainly worth a purchase. Props.

This is why I voted it one of my best reissues of 2015 on my blog, which no one reads.  Obviously.  Sad  

Enjoy!

Of course no one reads your blog, with all those rehashed retro "metal" bands you gush over. Buncha z-grade Diamond Head wannabes. Razz

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 8:49 pm

Alice in Chains- Facelift
Bad Brains- Bad Brains
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 5:05 am

Fanny- Fanny Hill (replacing a vinyl copy)
Lynch Mob-s/t
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 6:11 pm

Shok Paris - Steel and Starlight (The Auburn Sessions)

V Day gift from Wifey. She rules!!!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 7:00 pm

the sentinel wrote:

headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 7:11 pm

Required Fields wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

headbanger

Thanks. Almost finished listening to the whole thing now. The bonus tracks are great additions and a serious slice of history.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 7:21 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

headbanger

Thanks. Almost finished listening to the whole thing now. The bonus tracks are great additions and a serious slice of history.

\'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 6:27 pm

CC Company - Stranger Danger Death - 7" yellow marbled vinyl, #166/300
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 1:31 am

Satan- Life Sentence
Alice in Chains- Black Gives Way to Blue
Queensrÿche- Hear in the Now Frontier

(42)
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 3:53 am

Carole King- Tapestry ( replacing vinyl copy)
Lynyrd Skynyrd- Gimme Back My Bullets
Frank Zappa- Burnt Weeny Sandwich

Jeff Beck- International Forum Tokyo 02-06-99 ( bootleg DVD)
Aerosmith- New York ( Bootleg DVD)
Dokken- Live in Philadelphia ( bootleg DVD)
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 1:31 pm

Phil Collins- No Jacket Required
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:20 pm

Hexx - Under The Spell (30th Anniversary Box Set)
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 6:07 pm

nevermore wrote:
Hexx - Under The Spell (30th Anniversary Box Set)

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 2:45 am

DakotaRogers wrote:

Queensrÿche- Hear in the Now Frontier

Ugh.

MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 9 288219

What's with the number in parentheses?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016   MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016 - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MUSIC HAUL (CDs, LPs, Tapes, etc.) 2016
Page 9 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 39  Next