Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016

Go down 
+25
akeldama
DallasBlack
ZombieHavoc
the sentinel
Wurthless
SideShowDisaSter
corplhicks
Thelemech
manny
Boris2008
chewie
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
DakotaRogers
James B.
thejokeriv
Required Fields
scottmitchell74
mikeinfla
tohostudios
exact33
Leatherface
nevermore
Fat Freddy
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 1:42 pm

It's October... time to start OD'ing on horror movies! :cheese:

"Autopsy" (2008)

After a traffic accident on the back roads of Louisiana, a group of twenty-somethings are taken to a remote, strangely deserted hospital… where a deranged doctor (Robert “T2” Patrick) harvests them for their body parts. An ultra-violent, extremely gory, yet also darkly funny splatter flick that is definitely not for the faint of heart.

"From Within" (2008)

A tiny church-centered Southern town is plagued by a sudden rash of suicides - and the locals believe it’s caused by a curse placed on them by a suspected witch. Two teens try to unravel the mystery before more of their friends die.
Cool, atmospheric creepy stuff, kinda like a Fundamentalist “Final Destination” movie...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 3:56 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

Re-watched Men Behind the Sun

Shocked

I still can't bring myself to watch that one because I know about the live cat thrown to the rats.  And that was real.  The human torture stuff doesn't bother me as I've seen that sort of thing countless times.

From the imdb trivia page regarding the cat secene:

"Though many of the film's gore scenes involve use of real corpses or animal parts, the film's much controversial "cat scene" is in fact a well done special effect. Tun Fei Mou covered the cat with red-dyed honey which was licked off the cat by the rats. The cat survived, was cleaned up, rewarded with fish and sent back to his owner. One can notice if watching closely that the rats never bite the cat and it never stops moving or goes limp. The rats were caught by the local schoolchildren and were however set on fire near the end of the shoot which appears on film. The local farmers were apparently quite pleased with Mou for having done so. -

Not sure where the information is sourced from - that movie is really something, though - the lack of a special effects department in China at the time really forced the filmmakers to be creative - the most disturbing part though, is that all the experiments are historically accurate
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 6:16 pm

That's interesting.  I've always read that the cat scene was real.  

I've always wanted to see Men Behind The Sun because it's supposed to be one of those "test of will" type movies and as an avid gorehound I've always felt like I need to see it.

EDIT: OK, I found the following on the Wikipedia entry for the film. It corroborates the IMdb trivia but then adds this:

Quote :
However, a chinese blog post surfaced in 2008 claiming to describe the event from a behind-the-scenes worker on the film who said the cat was, in fact, killed by the property master to provide the final shot of the unmoving cat swarmed by rats.

So I guess my boycott continues.

Last edited by tohostudios on Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 6:23 pm

Here you go Smile

EDIT:

Just saw your edited post, fair enough
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 9:22 pm

Gotham

Holy crap, there sure were a lot of plot developments shoehorned into this episode.  I'm going to have to watch it several more times to make sure it all makes sense.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 9:12 am

"Christine" (1983)

John Carpenter directs Stephen King's tale of a deadly love affair between a high school nerd and his dream car -a demonically-possessed 1958 Plymouth Fury.
This one takes a little while to get goin' but once it does, "Christine" is still one of the better King adaptations.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 9:46 am

Big Bang Theory
Kevin Can Wait
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 2:42 pm

"Madman" (1981)

A group of camp counselors make the mistake of mocking a murderous local urban legend known as "Madman Marz," and soon the axe-wielding backwoodsman re-appears for a fresh round of decapitations. That'll teach'em.
The story is obviously nothing to write home about, but thanks to the splashy gore effects and decent production values, this mostly-forgotten slasher flick is a better-than-average entry in the early '80s "Halloween"/"Friday the 13th" wanna-be sweepstakes.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 3:00 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Madman" (1981)

A group of camp counselors make the mistake of mocking a murderous local urban legend known as "Madman Marz,"  and soon the axe-wielding backwoodsman re-appears for a fresh round of decapitations. That'll teach'em.
The story is obviously nothing to write home about, but thanks to the splashy gore effects and decent production values, this mostly-forgotten slasher flick is a better-than-average entry in the early '80s "Halloween"/"Friday the 13th" wanna-be sweepstakes.

I saw that earlier this summer. I had never heard of it but have to say it wasn't too bad.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 3:07 pm

007 wrote:
I saw that earlier this summer. I had never heard of it but have to say it wasn't too bad.

It was my first time seeing it too. I used to see it on the video store shelf a lot back in the day though, I just never picked it up.
I was half expecting it to be crap but I was pleasantly surprised by it.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 9:42 pm

007 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
"Madman" (1981)

A group of camp counselors make the mistake of mocking a murderous local urban legend known as "Madman Marz,"  and soon the axe-wielding backwoodsman re-appears for a fresh round of decapitations. That'll teach'em.

Wow. They cut 5 trailers for the thing? I don't think I've ever even heard of it before.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 7:39 am

Watched Timeless on NBC. A terrorist steals a time machine to alter history for reasons not yet revealed. The government recruits 3 people to use a prototype time machine to go after him and prevent his plans. This was actually pretty good and I like that there's more to the story than what is being shown (government looks like it has ulterior motives, the terrorist may not be totally malicious,etc.) I'll keep watching this.

I then watched the Fear The Walking Dead season finale.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 11:46 am

"Super Hybrid" (aka "Hybrid," 2011)

The night crew at a Chicago police impound garage is trapped inside with a sentient, shape-shifting, man-eating Death Car in a silly but entertaining blend of “Christine” and “Predator.” This “Hybrid” doesn’t rank very high on the horror scale but it makes up for that with lotsa satisfying car crashin’ mayhem. Fun stuff.

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19232

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 1:32 pm

ROH
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 7:56 am

American Horror Story:Roanoke
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 5:38 am

"Captain America: Civil War" (2016)

There's trouble in the Avengers' ranks ... the U.N. wants them to submit to governmental control, which leads to a split into two teams - one led by Iron Man, who want to work within the system, and the other led by Captain America, who want to stay "indie." Lots of punching, crashing, and stuff blowin' up soon follows in an all-action, all-the-time flick which also manages to introduce the Black Panther and the new Spider-Man to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Tons of fanboy fun.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 10:15 am

I'm giving the new HBO reboot of the 70's sci-fi western 'Westworld' a shot. The first episode was ok. I'll stick with it to see where it goes for now.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 10:37 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Captain America: Civil War" (2016)

There's trouble in the Avengers' ranks ... the U.N. wants them to submit to governmental control, which leads to a split into two teams - one led by Iron Man, who want to work within the system, and the other led by Captain America, who want to stay "indie." Lots of punching, crashing, and stuff blowin' up soon follows in an all-action, all-the-time flick which also manages to introduce the Black Panther and the new Spider-Man to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Tons of fanboy fun.

Love this movie ! Easily the best superhero movie in recent times.

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'm giving the new HBO reboot of the 70's sci-fi western 'Westworld' a shot. The first episode was ok. I'll stick with it to see where it goes for now.

I'd like to see this but without HBO, it's highly unlikely til somewhere down the line.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19232

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2016 1:55 am

Criminal Minds
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2016 9:43 am

"Death Race 2000" (1975)

In the dystopian future, America is a totalitarian state and the biggest sporting event of the year is the Death Race, where drivers in souped up killer cars go across the USA, scoring points by killing bystanders along the way.
Roger Corman's cult classic sci-fi black comedy features a great cast including David Carradine, Mary Woronov, and even a young Sly Stallone. This flick never gets old!

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2016 10:33 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Death Race 2000" (1975)

In the dystopian future, America is a totalitarian state and the biggest sporting event of the year is the Death Race, where drivers in souped up killer cars go across the USA, scoring points by killing bystanders along the way.
Roger Corman's cult classic sci-fi black comedy features a great cast including David Carradine, Mary Woronov, and even a young Sly Stallone. This flick never gets old!

This is the version to watch. And you're right, it never gets old. The whole tongue in cheek absurdness is great.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2016 10:35 am

Watched the first seven episodes of Luke Cage on Netflix. This is a really good series with a great cast.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2016 2:12 pm

"Ghosthouse" (1988)

A mysterious ham radio signal (!) draws a group of curiosity seekers to an abandoned house ... which (naturally) was the site of several murders twenty years ago. Soon they discover that the house is inhabited by the angry spirit of a long-dead little girl and her creepy killer clown doll.
This Italian horror flick (from Umberto "Nightmare City" Lenzi) definitely doesn't skimp on the gore, which is a good thing because that's the only thing that made it watchable. The characters are all complete idiots, the acting/dubbing sucks and the story is a complete mess. A better title for this one would have been "Shithouse."

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2016 11:21 pm

"C.H.U.D. II: Bud the Chud" (1989)

Two high school lame brains need a science lab project so they steal a corpse from a military research lab. Unfortunately the stiff is part of a top secret experiment involving the C.H.U.D. enzyme, which means he eventually wakes up with a taste for human meat. Soon their small town is overrun with pale faced zombies who act like the Three Stooges.
This flick has a rep as one of the worst horror sequels of all time and now i see why. This irritatingly loud, unfunny "slapstick horror comedy" has nothing to do with the original cult classic and is a "sequel" in name only. AVOID!!

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2016 10:36 am

"Monster Dog" (1984)

A rock star (Alice Cooper) returns to his family homestead after 20 years to shoot a new music video. As the shoot is plagued by several mysterious wild dog attacks, the crew begins to uncover the truth about their star's tragic family werewolf curse.
This cheap, cheesy, poorly dubbed Spanish movie is so bad that it's become legendary. The director would later grace us with "Troll II," which should tell you pretty much everything you need to know. For diehard Coop fans only, though it'll probably be a tough slog even for them!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 36 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016
Page 36 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next