Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016

Go down 
+25
akeldama
DallasBlack
ZombieHavoc
the sentinel
Wurthless
SideShowDisaSter
corplhicks
Thelemech
manny
Boris2008
chewie
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
DakotaRogers
James B.
thejokeriv
Required Fields
scottmitchell74
mikeinfla
tohostudios
exact33
Leatherface
nevermore
Fat Freddy
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2016 11:10 pm

"Intruder" (1989)

The night crew at a small town supermarket is locked in with a mysterious psycho killer, who makes good use of the store's wide variety of dangerous implements (meat hooks, cleavers, knives, etc.) to pick them all off. This nicely twisted little slasher/splatter flick makes the most of its unique setting and sports some truly gross gore effects (courtesy of Greg Nicotero, later of "The Walking Dead" fame, and his KNB FX Group).

"Intruder's" cult following seems to stem mainly from its connection to the "Evil Dead" series - Sam Raimi ("E.D." creator) and his bro Ted both have roles in this film, director Scott Spiegel co-wrote "Evil Dead II," and Bruce "Ash" Campbell even turns up for a brief cameo  - but it's a nasty little piece of work in its own right.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 8:08 am

The Big Bang Theory
Supernatural
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 10:13 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Intruder" (1989)

The night crew at a small town supermarket is locked in with a mysterious psycho killer, who makes good use of the store's wide variety of dangerous implements (meat hooks, cleavers, knives, etc.) to pick them all off. This nicely twisted little slasher/splatter flick makes the most of its unique setting and sports some truly gross gore effects (courtesy of Greg Nicotero, later of "The Walking Dead" fame, and his KNB FX Group).

"Intruder's" cult following seems to stem mainly from its connection to the "Evil Dead" series - Sam Raimi ("E.D." creator) and his bro Ted both have roles in this film, director Scott Spiegel co-wrote "Evil Dead II," and Bruce "Ash" Campbell even turns up for a brief cameo  - but it's a nasty little piece of work in its own right.

Hmmm...never heard of this one. Sounds like I need to check it out.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 10:17 am

tohostudios wrote:

Hmmm...never heard of this one.  Sounds like I need to check it out.

The last ten minutes or so fell kinda flat for me cuz I'd figured out the killer's identity WAY before that, so the "big reveal" was rather anti-climactic... but otherwise it's a decent slasher with a pretty major mean streak. I'd been hearing good things about it for years but this was my first time seeing it.

This Halloween viewing season, I've been trying to move away from the "usual suspects" (i.e. Jason, Freddy, Michael Myers, etc.) that I've watched a zillion times over and seek out some new (or at least new to me) horror flicks. Looking back over my posts from this past month I'd say I was successful. headbanger

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 10:57 am

Night Court
All In The Family
Barney Miller
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 6:20 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Hmmm...never heard of this one.  Sounds like I need to check it out.

The last ten minutes or so fell kinda flat for me cuz I'd figured out the killer's identity WAY before that, so the "big reveal" was rather anti-climactic... but otherwise it's a decent slasher with a pretty major mean streak. I'd been hearing good things about it for years but this was my first time seeing it.

This Halloween viewing season, I've been trying to move away from the "usual suspects" (i.e. Jason, Freddy, Michael Myers, etc.) that I've watched a zillion times over and seek out some new (or at least new to me) horror flicks. Looking back over my posts from this past month I'd say I was successful. headbanger

Do you do subtitled movies FF?

If so I'd highly recommend the Korean flick "I Saw The Devil". It's a combination serial killer/revenge flick. Rotten Tomatoes gives it an 80% fresh.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 11:11 pm

Psychomania (1973) - the leader of the biker gang The Living Dead,and son of an occultist, discovers the secret of life after death and once becoming on of the undead convinces his gang to join him so they can really raise hell. I saw this many many years ago when I was a kid and loved it hen. Still pretty decent. Goofy fun.

The Crazies (1973) - George Romero directed flick about a plane carrying an experimental nerve gas crashing near a rural Pennsylvania town (actually not too far from me) and infecting the town .Plenty of action in this paranoid film.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2016 6:31 am

I loved the remake of The Crazies. Never was too fond of the original though. One of the rare times where a remake is better than the original IMO.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2016 6:43 am

Quote :
Do you do subtitled movies FF?

If so I'd highly recommend the Korean flick "I Saw The Devil". It's a combination serial killer/revenge flick. Rotten Tomatoes gives it an 80% fresh.

I don't go out of my way for'em but I'm not averse to subtitles either. I'll keep that one in mind.

...and I know I said I've been trying to avoid "the usual suspects" this Halloween season, but my 9 year old wanted to watch "a scary movie" last night so I intro'd him to this long time fave of mine:

"Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives" (1986)

Tommy Jarvis is all growed up but he's still suffering from Jason flashbacks after his experiences in the previous two "F13's," so he digs up Jason's grave hoping to destroy his body once and for all. Unfortunately a stray bolt of lightning re-animates The Big J, and soon things end badly for a fresh batch of counselors at good ole Camp Crystal Lake.

This one's a sentimental fave cuz it's the first "Friday" that I was old enough to see in a theater back in the day. You can definitely see the "MTV" influences on this chapter - it's fast paced, quite funny in places, and has some decent action scenes in addition to the usual chop-n-slice mayhem. Plus, the female lead (Jennifer Cooke, previously seen in TV's "V") is quite possibly the hottest "final girl" of the entire F13 series.  All this and a theme song by Alice Cooper too!

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2016 10:14 am

[quote="Fat Freddy"]
Quote :

I don't go out of my way for'em but I'm not averse to subtitles either. I'll keep that one in mind.

...and I know I said I've been trying to avoid "the usual suspects" this Halloween season, but my 9 year old wanted to watch "a scary movie" last night so I intro'd him to this long time fave of mine:

"Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives" (1986)

Tommy Jarvis is all growed up but he's still suffering from Jason flashbacks after his experiences in the previous two "F13's," so he digs up Jason's grave hoping to destroy his body once and for all. Unfortunately a stray bolt of lightning re-animates The Big J, and soon things end badly for a fresh batch of counselors at good ole Camp Crystal Lake.

This one's a sentimental fave cuz it's the first "Friday" that I was old enough to see in a theater back in the day. You can definitely see the "MTV" influences on this chapter - it's fast paced, quite funny in places, and has some decent action scenes in addition to the usual chop-n-slice mayhem. Plus, the female lead (Jennifer Cooke, previously seen in TV's "V") is quite possibly the hottest "final girl" of the entire F13 series.  All this and a theme song by Alice Cooper too!

And also a quick appearance by Ron (Arnold Horshack) Palillo as Jason's first victim!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2016 12:22 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I loved the remake of The Crazies.  Never was too fond of the original though.  One of the rare times where a remake is better than the original IMO.

I'm not sure if I like it better but it was a really good movie. I got to see the remake in the theater
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2016 12:23 pm

2 more episodes of Luke Cage.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2016 5:17 pm

007 wrote:

What do you think of it so far? I was thinking of checking it out, but since I never got through season 1 of Daredevil, I figured I'd better not start another series till I got caught up.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2016 7:40 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
007 wrote:

What do you think of it so far? I was thinking of checking it out, but since I never got through season 1 of Daredevil, I figured I'd better not start another series till I got caught up.

I really like it. But I am a fan boy and have caught every Marvel show so far released on Netflix, so take my opinion as you will.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2016 2:01 pm

Abbbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein (1948) - the Universal classis where the comedic duo get caught up in a scheme involving Dracula,the Wolf Man and the Frankenstein Monster. This one never gets old. Great cast and a funny script made this a can't miss, leading to more Abbott and Costello Meet movies. This was the best of the bunch I think.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2016 4:07 pm

007 wrote:

And also a quick appearance by Ron (Arnold Horshack) Palillo as Jason's first victim!

Haha, yep! I pointed that out while we were watching, and my wife was like, "WHY do you know that?" Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2016 10:46 pm

"Tales From the Darkside: The Movie" (1990)

The syndicated TV favorite made the jump to the big screen in this entertaining anthology flick. A boy trying to avoid becoming a witch's dinner distracts her by spinning three tales of terror, involving a mummy on campus, a strangely un-killable cat, and a man unable to keep a dark secret. Fun tongue-in-cheek stuff with a great cast incl. Christian Slater, Steve Buscemi, David Johansen and Debbie Harry.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 7:56 am

The Walking Dead
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 3:07 pm

Nothing but horror movies all day today and tonight. Starting off with the original Funhouse.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 3:52 pm

Next up in my day of Gore and death, is the 1976 movie, Blood Sucking Freaks. Not expecting much from this, but might be fun. Already five minutes in, and lots of boobies lol
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 4:00 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Next up in my day of Gore and death, is the 1976 movie, Blood Sucking Freaks. Not expecting much from this, but might be fun. Already five minutes in, and lots of boobies lol

That has to be one of the most WTF movies I have ever seen. We rented that years ago and some of those images are still burnt into my mind.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 4:26 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Tales From the Darkside: The Movie" (1990)

The syndicated TV favorite made the jump to the big screen in this entertaining anthology flick. A boy trying to avoid becoming a witch's dinner distracts her by spinning three tales of terror, involving a mummy on campus, a strangely un-killable cat, and a man unable to keep a dark secret. Fun tongue-in-cheek stuff with a great cast incl. Christian Slater, Steve Buscemi, David Johansen and Debbie Harry.

I like this one! Anything with Rae Dawn Chong, one of my all-time girlfriends!

Been doing a Halloween Marathon. I haven't watched 4-6 for, I'd say, at least 20 years so I'm catching up. Fun, but #5 was pretty terrible.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 5:27 pm

007 wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

That has to be one of the most WTF movies I have ever seen. We rented that years ago and some of those images are still burnt into my mind.
WTF, as in why the fk was this movie made? Lol such a bad movie, even the gratuitous nude scenes got old. It was good for some laughs, especially the dwarfs "performance" Laughing very hard

Well, next up is another 1970's flick I've never seen before. The movie is Rabid, I hope it's better than the last one.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 6:33 pm

007 wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

And of course it's in the Toho movie vault.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 6:34 pm

Rabid is good.  It's prototypical Cronenberg and his obsession with "body morphing".

It's one of the first examples of the theme he later revisits in films like Videodrome, The Fly, Existenz and Night Breed.

Cronenberg is one of my favorite directors but he sure is obsessed with this.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 39 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next