Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016

Go down 
+25
akeldama
DallasBlack
ZombieHavoc
the sentinel
Wurthless
SideShowDisaSter
corplhicks
Thelemech
manny
Boris2008
chewie
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
DakotaRogers
James B.
thejokeriv
Required Fields
scottmitchell74
mikeinfla
tohostudios
exact33
Leatherface
nevermore
Fat Freddy
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2016 11:36 am

007 wrote:
I remember that Dark Night Of The Scarecrow movie. Both of these are in YouTube, no?

Yep.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2016 11:52 am

Great. Now that the weather is starting to turn and I'll be indoors more, it will be time to catch up on all these.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2016 11:57 am

007 wrote:
Great. Now that the weather is starting to turn and I'll be indoors more, it will be time to catch up on all these.

That's what I keep saying.... but the watch list just keeps growing bigger and bigger! Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2016 5:37 pm

The Magnificent Seven (2016)
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2016 6:16 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
The Magnificent Seven (2016)

Man I hate the theme song from the original version. We had to play that over and over and over when I was in high school marching band; I got soooooo sick of it. I haven't played trumpet in over 30 years but I bet I can still remember the valve fingerings for that damn song.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2016 7:25 am

"Mountain of the Cannibal God" (1978)
Ursula Andress is totally slummin’ it as a wealthy woman who heads into the jungles of New Guinea to find her missing scientist husband in this Italian cannibal flick. As you might expect, lotsa lush jungle scenery, animal cruelty, gruesome gore, gratuitous nudity and violence follow. “Mountain…” obviously had a bigger budget than your average cannibal flick but it’s still sleazy as hell. Enjoyable trash that will make you feel like you need a shower when it’s over.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2016 7:32 am

Bob's Burgers season premiere
The Simpsons season premiere
Fear The Walking Dead
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2016 10:02 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Finally startin' to feel like Fall around here... which means it's time to start setting the Halloween movie mood...

"Dark Night of the Scarecrow" (1981)

A posse of local yokels kill a mentally handicapped man they mistakenly suspect of murdering a little girl. Soon the rednecks are being picked off one by one by a vengeance-seeking spirit hiding in the body of a scarecrow. This made-for-TV flick does a nice job of setting a creepy mood and features a great performance by Charles Durning as the leader of the posse.

Man, I remember that movie. Scared the hell outta me as a youngin'. I guess since it was on network television, my parents figured it was ok for me to watch. Wrong.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2016 10:15 am

The movie, "Practical Magic" - on DVD.

( didn't know this thread existed Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2016 10:39 pm

"The House on Sorority Row" (1983)

A group of sorority sisters pull a prank on their mean ol' housemother which backfires fatally. When they try to cover up their crime so they can proceed with their big graduation bash, things get worse because someone starts picking the guilty parties off one by one. A mostly forgotten, but effective, lil' slasher/mystery flick that takes a while to get goin' but features some truly sick moments when it finally kicks into gear.

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19232

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2016 1:18 pm

ROH
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2016 1:40 pm

Since the Pirates were losing I turned over to the ultra campy Scream Queens and then watched Agents Of SHIELD.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 5:53 am

"Def-Con 4" (1985)

The crew of an orbiting defense satellite watches helplessly from space as nuclear war breaks out across the globe. When they return to Earth a few months later they land in the middle of a conflict between a militia run by a crazed dictator and radiation-scarred "Terminals."
This flick starts out pretty promising but devolves into yet another crappy "Mad Max" post apocalypse wanna-be once the astronauts return "home."
Don't be sucked in by the badass poster art for this flick, because it bears no resemblance to any events in the movie...
TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 35 Def-Con4

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 7:17 am

American Horror Story : Roanoke
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 2:56 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Def-Con 4" (1985)

The crew of an orbiting defense satellite watches helplessly from space as nuclear war breaks out across the globe. When they return to Earth a few months later they land in the middle of a conflict between a militia run by a crazed dictator and radiation-scarred "Terminals."
This flick starts out pretty promising but devolves into yet another crappy "Mad Max" post apocalypse wanna-be once the astronauts return "home."
Don't be sucked in by the badass poster art for this flick, because it bears no resemblance to any events in the movie...
TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 35 Def-Con4

I so desired this as a kid at the video store because of that art. While it was a let-down (when I finally BOUGHT the VHS in my twenties--still own it, in fact), I still get a kick out of it. Something about the dry, ironic humor, and you never really know where the movie is going. It's kinda ballsy for its breed.

But damn, did it have some sick poster art. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 11:13 pm

"Assault on Precinct 13" (1976)

The caretaker crew at an L.A. police precinct that's due to shut down for good in the morning spends a night under siege, battling against a seemingly endless stream of homicidal street gang members in John Carpenter's cult classic shoot'em up that's still holding up well after 40 years.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 8:08 am

Supernatural
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 10:28 am

Re-watched Men Behind the Sun

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2016 12:47 pm

Ash vs the Evil Dead season 1 , episdodes 1-3
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2016 8:15 am

"Iron Maiden and the New Wave of British Heavy Metal" (2008)

A lengthy and thorough "unauthorized" doc about the NWOBHM era and Maiden's ascent from front runners in the British metal scene to global superstardom. Commentaries are provided by noted U.K. rock journalists like Malcolm Dome, Jerry Ewing, and Geoff Barton, and musicians including former Maidenites Paul DiAnno and Dennis Stratton, Brian Tatler of Diamond Head, and members of Samson, Praying Mantis and Tygers of Pan Tang.
With a run time of two-plus hours this doc took more than one sitting to get through and there were some surprising omissions (Venom was barely mentioned, and Raven was ignored entirely!), but overall this was a pretty cool history lesson.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2016 11:52 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:

Re-watched Men Behind the Sun

Shocked

I still can't bring myself to watch that one because I know about the live cat thrown to the rats. And that was real. The human torture stuff doesn't bother me as I've seen that sort of thing countless times.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2016 11:54 am

Dead Silence

I gotta say I really enjoyed this one.  And you can tell it was directed by the same person who directed Saw because it ends with that same "accelerating musical score accompanying flashbacks of previous scenes with more exposition" gimmick.   I still have to watch the ending again though to make sure I understand it.  I finished it up pretty late last night so I was half asleep but it seems some stuff didn't quite add up.

EDIT:  I was just reading the Wikipedia writeup on this movie.  Apparently this movie was almost universally panned.  I found this tidbit from screenwriter Leigh Whannel to be interesting:

Quote :
In a candid post entitled "Dud Silence: The Hellish Experience of Making a Bad Horror Film", Whannell explains that the film was conceived following the advice of his agent at the time and that a "script doctor" was eventually employed by the production studio. Whannell concludes the post with a description of the key lessons that were learned following the Dead Silence experience:

After everything is said and done, I'm almost glad Dead Silence happened, because it gave me an extreme, coal-face lesson in what not to do. It was like learning to swim by leaping off Niagara Falls. I only write scripts on spec now, which means that I write them in my own time without getting paid and then take them out into the world to see if anyone's interested. Never again will I enter the arranged marriage of selling a pitch. I have also become very gun-shy about working with studios. In the world of independent film, what you write ends up on screen. Plus, they don't have the money to bring in script doctors! Works fine for me. Who knows, maybe one day I will work with a studio again...[11]

I also learned that the cool effect of Mary Shaw with her freakishly long tongues wasn't in the theatrical reason for some reason. Shame because that was one of the best parts of the film. It's an effect that looks like something Screaming Mad George would have used in "Society".

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2016 12:31 pm

Q The Winged Serpent (1982)

Finally got around to watching this last night and I gotta says that it's a lot better than expected mainly due to the cast with David Carradine, Richard Roundtree, and Michael Moriarty.

Followed that up with 3 episodes of Ash vs the Evil Dead.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2016 10:35 pm

The last movie I watched: The Magnificent Seven.
The last TV show I watched: The new episode of Family Guy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2016 10:44 pm

"P2"(2007)

A female executive is trapped inside her office's parking garage after hours on Christmas Eve - by a deranged security guard who's fixated on her. An effective, claustrophobic little suspense thriller produced by Alexandre "High Tension" Aja, with a great performance by Wes Bentley as the wack job. Also, damsel-in-distress Rachel Nichols has an impressive rack. Just sayin'.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 35 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next