Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016

Go down 
+25
akeldama
DallasBlack
ZombieHavoc
the sentinel
Wurthless
SideShowDisaSter
corplhicks
Thelemech
manny
Boris2008
chewie
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
DakotaRogers
James B.
thejokeriv
Required Fields
scottmitchell74
mikeinfla
tohostudios
exact33
Leatherface
nevermore
Fat Freddy
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2016 6:58 pm

Feast

My second time seeing this.  I have 3 Feast movies and I've always felt this one was the weakest (oddly enough since it's usually the sequels that suck) and that opinion hasn't changed.  It's probably because of the lack of clear shots of the creatures due to the dreaded "shaky cam" syndrome (aka, how to cover up a lack of budget). 

I plan to watch the other two sequels I have on upcoming nights when the Cardinals aren't playing or play day games but I think my original impressions will hold.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2016 2:57 pm

Watched 'The Jungle Book' over the weekend with the kids. We were all thoroughly entertained. It's well done and the CGI didn't distract me into thinking I was watching a video game instead of a movie. It's been 30 years or so since I've seen the Disney cartoon, so I don't recall how the story lines play out when compared. But there was one thing that stuck out to me. I'll do my best to avoid spoilers.

The "bad guy" of the movie is the tiger, Shere Khan. He wants Mowgli (the kid) dead because he doesn't trust humans (for good reason) and doesn't think they belong in the jungle. He explains this in great detail why humans can't be trusted. Everyone's response is "Eh, he's just a kid. He's fine."

As the story goes on, Mowgli ends up doing the exact thing that Shere Khan warned them about. And yet, he's the bad guy here? If there was any justice, the movie would've ended with Shere Khan saying "See!! I told you so!! A**holes." And walking off into the sunset with Mowgli's limp carcass hanging from his mouth.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2016 4:53 pm

hahahaha!   That sounds like the Toho "alternate ending".

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 7:48 am

"Curse II: The Bite" (1989)

In this in-name-only sequel to the 1987 film, a young couple is traveling thru the American desert when Boyfriend gets bitten by a snake. Unfortunately for him (and everyone else in the movie,) the snake was radioactive due to its living near a leaky nuclear power plant. Soon the bite begins to have "transformative" properties on the poor young fella's body. Yikes!

This movie starts out like a plain ol' nothin' special creature feature (snakes everywhere!) but does a 180 degree turn into straight up Cronenberg style body horror (on a six pack budget) in the second half, when the snake bite begins to transform Boyfriend into a homicidal reptilian something-or-other.  

This one wasn't great - it's pretty typical late '80s direct-to-the-video-store schlock - but it was way better than the first "Curse" thanks to the slightly higher production values, some decent gore scenes, and especially due to the presence of cutie-pie late '80s scream queen Jill Schoelen in the female lead/damsel in distress role (whatever happened to her, anyway?). Snake-o-phobics need not apply.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 7:51 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
a young couple is traveling thru the American desert when Boyfriend gets bitten by a snake. Unfortunately for him (and everyone else in the movie,) the snake was radioactive due to its living near a leaky nuclear power plant. Soon the bite begins to have "transformative" properties on the young fella's body.

Shades of Spider-Man !
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 7:53 am

007 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
a young couple is traveling thru the American desert when Boyfriend gets bitten by a snake. Unfortunately for him (and everyone else in the movie,) the snake was radioactive due to its living near a leaky nuclear power plant. Soon the bite begins to have "transformative" properties on the young fella's body.

Shades of Spider-Man !

Laughing very hard Haha! True, except Spider-Man never ate anybody!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 11:24 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
007 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Shades of Spider-Man !

Laughing very hard Haha! True, except Spider-Man never ate anybody!

All I remember of that movie is the poor yet nasty ass transfiguration effects near the end. Kind of upset my stomach as a kid.

EDIT: just watched the final 10m on YouTube. Huh. Looks awful but the fx are better than i remember. Plus, i never knew Screamin' Mad George was behind all that grue.

Last edited by corplhicks on Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19232

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 1:36 pm

ROH
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 8:16 pm

Night Court
All In The Family
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2016 9:23 am

The Horror At 37,000 Feet (1973)

TV Movie with Chuck Connors, Buddy Ebsen, and William Shatner about an international flight from London to New York that is haunted by druidic ghosts, upset about being uprooted from their ancestral home. Not too bad I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2016 9:43 am

007 wrote:

TV Movie with Chuck Connors, Buddy Ebsen, and William Shatner about an international flight from London to New York that is haunted by druidic ghosts, upset about being uprooted from their ancestral home. Not too bad I suppose.

That sounds like my kinda cheese....aaaaaannd yay, it's on YouTube! (adds to playlist) Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2016 10:25 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
007 wrote:

That sounds like my kinda cheese....aaaaaannd yay, it's on YouTube! (adds to playlist) Very Happy

That's where I had watched it. YouTube has a lot of excellent obscure films on there (as I know you're well aware).
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2016 11:30 am

Quote :
That's where I had watched it. YouTube has a lot of excellent obscure films on there (as I know you're well aware).

Haha, yep. I keep a "playlist" on YouTube which has over 100 movies on it at the moment, almost all 60s/70s/80s "B" movies - Eurospy, lotsa grindhouse horror, cheap-o action movies, blaxploitation flicks, and other weird stuff. I'm constantly adding to it. I'll probably never find the time to watch everything but I've been using that playlist more than either Netflix or Amazon streaming lately! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2016 7:36 pm

Parole Violators  (1994)...

This little known 1994 action film is about a former cop turned vigilante who tapes criminals and takes them down, filming it for a TV show. A criminal he put behind bars years earlier when he was a cop has been freed and kidnaps his daughter for revenge.

The lead character is named Miles, and a thug with a bit part is named Knuckles. No character named Sonic, though.

Fat Freddy, this one is on YouTube as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2016 8:21 pm

Wishmaster

Buckaroo Banzai

Zone Troopers
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2016 8:31 pm

I love Wishmaster.  The second one is OK but I really dig the first one. 

I find it especially creepy because I think the guy who plays the Wishmaster looks a lot like Fox anchor Shepherd Smith.

I also like the cameo appearance by Reggie "Phantasm" Bannister.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2016 9:33 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I love Wishmaster.  The second one is OK but I really dig the first one. 

I find it especially creepy because I think the guy who plays the Wishmaster looks a lot like Fox anchor Shepherd Smith.

I also like the cameo appearance by Reggie "Phantasm" Bannister.

My first time seeing it, fun as hell! I felt the lead actress was pretty phenom, kind of quirky and underplayed, a rather subtle approach to a heroin.

The 900 or so cameos in Wishmaster had me busting up. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19232

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2016 1:12 am

Criminal Minds
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2016 8:37 am

"Spymaker: The Secret Life of Ian Fleming" (1990)

The (highly fictionalized) biography of the 007 author details the events that led to the creation of James Bond - from Fleming's upbringing in a privileged British family, to his first "real" job as a crusading news reporter and finally as an agent for the British Naval Intelligence Service during World War II. Just like his literary counterpart, Ian romances several hot babes and gets into scrapes with Russians and Nazis along the way. In a nice touch of stunt casting, young Fleming is played by Jason Connery, son of original 007 Sean Connery. "Spymaker" was made for TV so it suffers slightly from its obvious budget limitations, but otherwise this was an enjoyable espionage/adventure flick with quite a few clever nods to the "real" Bond movies.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2016 8:41 pm

"The Horror at 37,000 Feet" (1973)

"Airport" meets "The Exorcist" in this fun slab of early 70s made-for-TV terror. Angry Druid spirits trapped in the cargo hold of a red-eye traveling from London to New York make it a flight from hell for a cast of familiar faces, including William Shatner, Buddy "Barnaby Jones" Ebsen, Chuck "Rifleman" Connors and Russell "The Professor" Johnson, plus a couple of hot stewardesses in thigh high miniskirts and go-go boots. Quality cheez!

Thanx to 007 for the tip on this flick, it was good fun! Wink

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2016 3:43 pm

The Naked Gun and 2 2/1 - IFC was showing a Naked Gun marathon, still LMAO at both flicks..... I started watched 33 1/3 and quickly remembered how terrible it was and turned it off.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2016 10:39 pm

Kung Fury (2015)...

A Miami cop gets a mission in which he is sent back in time to kill Adolf Hitler.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 6:33 am

Fear The Walking Dead
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 8:02 pm

With my 9 year old this afternoon...

"See Spot Run" (2001)

Cartoonish kid stuff about a dorky mail carrier (David Arquette) who is "adopted" by a large dog. Eventually he learns that the Pooch is actually a canine FBI agent, escaped from H.Q. and being pursued by a bunch of inept mobsters. Lots of slapsticky mayhem (think "Home Alone") and jokes about dog poop, dog farts, and dog bites in tender areas follow. Dumb as a box of rocks but harmless.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 8:26 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Kung Fury  (2015)...

A Miami cop gets a mission in which he is sent back in time to kill Adolf Hitler.

That's the one with David Hasselhoff isn't it?

That looks hilarious.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 32 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016
Page 32 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next