Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016

Go down 
+25
akeldama
DallasBlack
ZombieHavoc
the sentinel
Wurthless
SideShowDisaSter
corplhicks
Thelemech
manny
Boris2008
chewie
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
DakotaRogers
James B.
thejokeriv
Required Fields
scottmitchell74
mikeinfla
tohostudios
exact33
Leatherface
nevermore
Fat Freddy
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 1:35 am

Longmire
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 8:33 am

Well since the Pirates ended up getting their asses handed to them, I decided to finish up Penny Dreadful.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 8:47 am

"The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2" (2015)

The dystopian sci-fi saga comes to a close as Katniss Everdeen leads the rebel forces against President Snow - only to realize that she may not have been fighting for the right side after all. A stylish, satisfying wrap-up with plenty of action.

"Murder Rock" (aka "Slashdance" and "The Demon Is Loose," 1984)

Italian gore kingpin Lucio "Zombie" Fulci directed this bizarre mix of murder mystery and dance movie ala "Flashdance." (?) The students at a prestigious New York dance academy are being picked off by a mysterious killer while they prep for a major Broadway audition. As usual with Italian B-movies, the dialogue is awkward, the acting is sub-par and the story is needlessly complicated and littered with random WTF moments. It's nowhere near as gory as Lucio's classic horror flicks but it's certainly sleazy, with lotsa loving close ups of pretty girls in butt-floss spandex rockin' out to a so-'80s-it-hurts cheez rock soundtrack composed by Keith Emerson!
"Murder Rock" is far from a "good" movie, but it's definitely an entertainingly "bad" one.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 8:57 am

Best of the Worst: Pocket Ninjas, Cyclone, and Dangerous Men

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 1:17 pm

Ring Of Honor
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 4:32 pm

"Killer Klowns From Outer Space" (1988)

In this cult classic low budget parody of '50s sci-fi invasion flicks, otherworldly clowns set up shop outside a small town and begin snatching up the local populace, storing them in giant balloons and cotton candy cocoon pods for later consumption. Naturally the only ones who can save the day are the local teenagers. Silly as hell (on purpose), cheesy as hell, but still weirdly enjoyable in spite of its many flaws. My almost 9-year-old watched it with me and decreed that it's the "best movie ever."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 5:17 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Killer Klowns From Outer Space" (1988)

In this cult classic low budget parody of '50s sci-fi invasion flicks, otherworldly clowns set up shop outside a small town and begin snatching up the local populace, storing them in giant balloons and cotton candy cocoon pods for later consumption. Naturally the only ones who can save the day are the local teenagers. Silly as hell (on purpose), cheesy as hell, but still weirdly enjoyable in spite of its many flaws. My almost 9-year-old watched it with me and decreed that it's the "best movie ever."

Sweet! This movie, despite being a comedy, actually scared the bejesus out of me as a kid, especially the cotton candy/blood sucking scene. It's fun and creative as hell. It's too bad the brothers didn't make another movie after this.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 7:11 pm

http://imdb.com/title/tt1979370/

^ IMDb shows a "Klowns" sequel in the works for a 2018 release date...

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 7:22 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

One of my all-time favorite movies.  So many different gags in it.  And since I absolutely HATE clowns the creepiness factor was off the charts for me. 

And I've heard rumors of a sequel for years so I'll believe it when I see it.  But they better not ever "re-imagine", "re-boot", or "remake" the original because I guarantee they'd F it up.  In my opinion the tone of the original perfectly straddles the line between comedy and horror.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 7:24 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Best of the Worst: Pocket Ninjas, Cyclone, and Dangerous Men

Pocket Ninjas is one of the worst movies ever made.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 7:45 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

One of my all-time favorite movies.  So many different gags in it.  And since I absolutely HATE clowns the creepiness factor was off the charts for me. 

And I've heard rumors of a sequel for years so I'll believe it when I see it.  But they better not ever "re-imagine", "re-boot", or "remake" the original because I guarantee they'd F it up.  In my opinion the tone of the original perfectly straddles the line between comedy and horror.

I too enjoyed that movie and agree a remake would be a stupid idea.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 7:46 pm

Longmire
What Culture Wrestling videos on Youtube.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 1:13 am

Dual Survival
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 2:27 am

DallasBlack wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I too enjoyed that movie and agree a remake would be a stupid idea.

What looks promising is that original director Stephen Chiodo is attached to direct. Brother Charles is producing. Not so sure about the writer, though, who has barely any writing credits to speak of yet had a part in the original film. But it is in fact an independent Chiodo Bros Production. Fox is merely distributing. So there's hope.

Actually, reading more about this, it looks like they couldn't secure financing and it is in fact dead. But Stephen is quoted as saying the following in a Birth. Movies. Death. interview from March of this year:

Quote :
"Right now, we are currently pursuing a long arch series for cable,” he told host Adam Green. “We wondered, should we do a sequel to the first one or do we do a remake? We came up with a ‘requel’ – it’s a sequel and a remake. We’ve been developing this for a while. It’s a trilogy in four parts, and it really follows the continuing adventures of new people who are experiencing this phenomenon of a Klown invasion, and once in a while you see some of the old guys pop up and hear their stories – find out what happened over the last 25 years. It’s f*cking great.”

Hmmmm...
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 5:43 pm

Wayward Pines
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 6:20 pm

How is that? 

I've never seen a single episode but based on what I've seen from this year's promos this second season looks a lot more interesting than the first one did.  And now that I've read the Wikipedia summary of the background I think I might like this show.   I initially dismissed it because M. Night Shamalamadingdong was involved and I can't stand his work.

Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 6:27 pm

Game of Thrones, season 3.
Just finished episode 9, which contains the Red Wedding. Suffice to say, I feel dead inside and I shed a tear or two.

Such a good show.

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 6:43 pm

tohostudios wrote:
How is that? 

I've never seen a single episode but based on what I've seen from this year's promos this second season looks a lot more interesting than the first one did.  And now that I've read the Wikipedia summary of the background I think I might like this show.   I initially dismissed it because M. Night Shamalamadingdong was involved and I can't stand his work.

I watch it with my mother and we both love it. First season is available on Hulu. Dingdong only directed the first episode (otherwise he just shares the title of executive producer with another guy).
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 9:39 am

Last night I watched Battlebots and Celebrity Family Feud.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 9:53 am

Got caught up on Containment
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 5:42 pm

Longmire
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 7:05 pm

Gamera: Guardian Of The Universe

This is still my favorite Gamera movie.  You can't really tell from the trailer but the Gaos FX are pretty awesome in this flick; it's from 1995 and it's not the cheesy FX from the early Gamera movies.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2016 8:27 am

A double shot o' 70s action cheez on YouTube:

"Get Christie Love!" (1974)

A black police woman (Teresa Graves) goes undercover to expose a Los Angeles heroin operation. This made-for-TV flick was obviously trying to cash in on the then-current "blaxploitation" cinema craze and served as the pilot for a short lived series. It's pretty standard '70s cop-show stuff, nowhere near as violent or sleazy as a "real" blaxploitation flick would've been. Graves is cute though, and she shows off some kung-fu moves and gets her own catch phrase ("You're under arrest, sugar!"). Foxy Brown could totally kick Christie's ass tho. Very Happy

"Mr. No Legs" (aka "Gun Fighters," 1979)

Ooookay, this is the one of the most WTF movies I've seen in a loooong time. In this low budget cops-n-robbers movie set in Florida, two detectives tangle with a major drug operation, including the title character - an amputee mob enforcer and total badass who gets around in a souped up wheelchair of Death loaded with hidden weaponry. I swear I am not making this up. It must be noted that even though Mr. No Legs gets top billing, he only appears in a few scenes... but those few scenes make it worth sitting thru the rest of this dreck. You haven't LIVED till you've watched this guy kick a bunch of dudes' asses in a poolside display of handicapped martial arts mastery that can only be called "stump-fu." You'll laugh, you'll cry, it'll become a part of you.

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2016 9:31 am

That last movie's plot reminds me of the late 1990s direct to video Die Hard ripoff Blast (the worst of the Die Hard ripoffs).

Many action movies of the 1990s took the Die Hard formula to different settings: we had Passenger 57 (Die Hard on a plane), Under Siege (Die Hard on a battleship), Sudden Death (Die Hard at a sports arena), etc. Blast took the formula to...an Olympics Training Centre where the U.S. Women's Swim Team are being held hostage!

SPOILER ALERT:

The climax involves Rutger Hauer's character, a paraplegic, who fights the villain while on a wheelchair.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2016 2:14 pm

^^ Never heard of that one but it sounds like a hoot!!

For my money though, the worst of the "Die Hard" ripoffs was "Skyscraper," with Anna Nicole Smith (!) taking on the Bruce Willis role as a helicopter pilot who lands on a high rise full of terrorists.

...the trailer does a nice job of making it look WAY more awesome than it actually is. Anna Nicole was so bloated and out-of-it by this point that she couldn't even deliver her lines without slurring or looking like she was about to nod out.

It's an absolutely hilarious watch....if you have enough beer in you Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 26 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next