Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016

Go down 
+25
akeldama
DallasBlack
ZombieHavoc
the sentinel
Wurthless
SideShowDisaSter
corplhicks
Thelemech
manny
Boris2008
chewie
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
DakotaRogers
James B.
thejokeriv
Required Fields
scottmitchell74
mikeinfla
tohostudios
exact33
Leatherface
nevermore
Fat Freddy
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2016 5:49 pm

"Ski School" (1991)

A no-frills "Slobs vs. the Snobs" T&A comedy set at a swanky ski resort, with a team of fun loving party animals (appropriately named "Section 8") facing off against a squad of uptight yuppies for the title of King of the Mountain.

This is an utterly brainless, almost totally plotless flick with no redeeming social value whatsoever - but of course, I mean that in the nicest possible way. The flick is packed with lotsa pretty girls, many of whom are frequently naked, plus loads of dorky beer-fueled adolescent humor and quotable one-liners. Hell, there's even some pretty impressive skiing footage!

This guilty pleasure was a favorite among my circle of friends during our final year of college. We made the "Section 8" gang's motto - "In order to be the best, you must lose your mind" - our official battle cry. Learn it, live it, love it. We did.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2016 6:43 pm

Longmire
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 11:31 am

"I Am Thor" (2015)

An extremely entertaining doc about the life and career of the infamous Jon Mikl Thor - Canada's body building, B-Movie actin', cheese-rockin' '80s metal cult hero, from his humble beginnings to his attempts at a 21st century comeback. Anvil ain't got nothin' on this guy. Mettle doesn't come much more tr00 than Thor! Hails!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 11:35 am

tohostudios wrote:
Gamera: Guardian Of The Universe

This is still my favorite Gamera movie.  You can't really tell from the trailer but the Gaos FX are pretty awesome in this flick; it's from 1995 and it's not the cheesy FX from the early Gamera movies.

I've always liked that one as well. I have yet to see the 2 sequels to it (Legion and Iris, I think they were called).
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 11:44 am

The two sequels are good too but for some reason I like this one the best of the latter day Gamera movies. I think it's because it was the first "serious" Gamera movie with good FX.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 3:26 pm

Are You Being Served?
Peaky Blinders
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 6:53 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
^^ Never heard of that one but it sounds like a hoot!!

For my money though, the worst of the "Die Hard" ripoffs was "Skyscraper," with Anna Nicole Smith (!) taking on the Bruce Willis role as a helicopter pilot who lands on a high rise full of terrorists.

...the trailer does a nice job of making it look WAY more awesome than it actually is. Anna Nicole was so bloated and out-of-it by this point that she couldn't even deliver her lines without slurring or looking like she was about to nod out.

It's an absolutely hilarious watch....if you have enough beer in you Laughing very hard

I remember seeing it a very long time ago.

If there are positives, for a late 1990s straight to video product, the production values are actually pretty solid.

But the #1 positive is the incredibly hilarious performance from Anna Nicole Smith. The negative part is that it wasn't exactly supposed to be funny.

I saw a video about behind the scenes:

Also, a good joke from someone, is that they should have just had her character be a spin-off of her role in the third Naked Gun movie and called it The Naked Gun 48DD: Double Trouble. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 9:03 am

"He Knows You're Alone" (1980)

A bride-to-be’s pre-wedding jitters are further complicated by a psycho slasher who starts picking off all of her friends. Though it's mostly remembered today for the appearance by a young Tom Hanks (his first film role) in a bit part, this was a pretty decent little “Halloween” wanna-be, relying on suspense rather than gore. Several scenes and a good chunk of the soundtrack shamelessly borrow from Carpenter’s classic.

It's also a sentimental favorite of mine because it was the first “slasher” flick I ever saw, on Sunday afternoon TV when I was about 13 -- and it scared the absolute crap outta me. Revisiting it 30+ years later felt like opening a quaint time capsule.

As an added bonus, the flick was shot entirely in my old college stomping grounds of Staten Island, New York.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 3:33 pm

"Batkid Begins" (2015)

A heartwarming documentary about five-year-old Miles, a leukemia survivor whose request to the Make-A-Wish Foundation - "I wanna be Batman" - blossoms into a massive project worthy of Hollywood, involving hundreds of volunteers, dozens of actors and the entire city of San Francisco. If this flick doesn't make you tear up at least once, you have no soul.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 3:47 pm

I remember seeing that on the news.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19232

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 1:33 pm

Ring Of Honor
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 10:55 pm

Welcome To Me
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2016 2:17 pm

Bad Words
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2016 5:25 pm

almost finished with season 4 of Game of Thrones, just have the finale left to go.

And my girlfriend and I watched The Empire Strikes Back last night.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2016 2:43 pm

"Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man" (1991)

Two down-on-their luck friends - a biker (Mickey Roarke) and a cowboy (Don Johnson) - plan an armored car heist to help bail out a friend's bar. Unfortunately, they pick the wrong car to rob, and then spend the rest of the movie on the run from some very bad people.
This flick was a major bomb when it was first released but has become something of a cult flick since then. It's far from a masterpiece, but it's a fun piece of action junk.

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2016 3:48 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man" (1991)

Two down-on-their luck friends - a biker (Mickey Roarke) and a cowboy (Don Johnson) - plan an armored car heist to help bail out a friend's bar. Unfortunately, they pick the wrong car to rob, and then spend the rest of the movie on the run from some very bad people.
This flick was a major bomb when it was first released but has become something of a cult flick since then. It's far from a masterpiece, but it's a fun piece of action junk.

Haha! Isn't that set in the far future of 1997 or something? I saw this gem in the theater.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2016 3:48 pm

Zootopia.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2016 6:24 pm

Night Court
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 5:14 pm

Most recent watchers:

Hulu version of Monday Night Raw
Kung Fu Panda 3
Peaky Blinders
Wayward Pines
London Has Fallen (I like how in this and the first one, there's no waiting around for action they pretty much just dive into it like an action flick should)
Are You Being Served
Red Dwarf
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 5:22 pm

Quote :
Haha! Isn't that set in the far future of 1997 or something? I saw this gem in the theater.

Yeah, supposedly it's 1996 or '97, though the only "futuristic" touches in the whole movie are the bar-code license plates on all the vehicles, the new synthetic drug everyone's hooked on ("crystal dream") and the fact that the entire city of Burbank, CA. is now apparently a gigantic airport. Maybe that last one is funny if you live near Burbank. scratch

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2016 10:01 am

"The Delta Force" (1986)

An elite commando unit headed up by Lee Marvin and Chuck Norris (does it get any more bad-ass than that combo?) is sent to Beirut to rescue a plane load of American hostages. Naturally, they blow up a good portion of the Middle East in the process.
Cannon Films honcho Menahem Golan's adventure epic starts out as a pretty suspenseful hijack drama in its first hour, sporting the biggest cast of well known character actors I've seen since the glory days of the '70s disaster flick (George Kennedy! Joey Bishop! Robert Forster! Shelley Winters! Lainie Kazan! Martin Balsam!), then it turns into typically sadistic '80s shoot'em-up/blow'em up fun when the Delta Force comes riding to the rescue in the second half. Chuck actually turns in one of his better performances here, maybe because he's part of a huge ensemble cast and not carrying the entire movie on his shoulders. A retro guilty pleasure.

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19232

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2016 1:36 pm

Ring Of Honor
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2016 4:22 pm

This is what I get when it's my 8 year old's turn to pick the movie:

"Invisible Dad" (1997)

No-budget kid stuff directed by schlock kingpin Fred Olen Ray ("Dinosaur Island," "Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers," "Evil Toons"), of all people!

A kid and his widowed father move into a new house, where he finds a mysterious machine left behind in the garage by the previous owner. The gizmo magically makes wishes come true. After a fight with Dad the kid accidentally says "I wish my Dad would disappear!" ... aaaand you can pretty much write it yourself from there. Let's just say lots of wacky hijinks ensue as Son tries to make Dad visible again. This isn't the worst low budget kid flick I've ever sat through, but it's still 90 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2016 5:13 pm

I like Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers.  "It's the dance of the double chainsaw!".  I sort of liked Evil Toons too.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2016 5:40 pm

Madman (1982)

Early slasher flick starring a bunch of unknowns and Gaylen Ross (credited under a different name for some reason), the female lead from the original Dawn Of The Dead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 27 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016
Page 27 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next