Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016

Go down 
+25
akeldama
DallasBlack
ZombieHavoc
the sentinel
Wurthless
SideShowDisaSter
corplhicks
Thelemech
manny
Boris2008
chewie
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
DakotaRogers
James B.
thejokeriv
Required Fields
scottmitchell74
mikeinfla
tohostudios
exact33
Leatherface
nevermore
Fat Freddy
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2016 12:36 pm

The Incredible Shrinking Man (1957)

Grant Williams as man exposed to a radioactive cloud while on a boating trip. This causes him to slowly shrink away to nothingness while along the way having to deal with a household cat and a spider (both now gigantic to him). Effective thriller with some nice special effects, for the time.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2016 1:49 pm

A couple of episodes of Green Acres
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 11:10 am

tohostudios wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
"Mad Max: Fury Road" (2015)

30 years (!) after "Thunderdome," Tom Hardy takes over the role of post-apocalyptic ex-cop and all around badass Mad Max, who joins forces with a warrior woman (Charlize Theron) in her escape from the leader of a murderous cult. As you might expect, lots of car crashing, shooting, and stuff blowin' up ensues.
The flick is visually impressive, with amazing stunt work but the story is strangely un-involving. It's a decent one-time watch but not something I'll ever revisit.

That's a disappointing review.  I've read a lot of positive things about this movie but for some reason I just haven't gotten around to viewing it yet.  Now I'll probably procrastinate on it even longer.

These types of movies are usually outside of my wheelhouse, but for what it's worth, I enjoyed it very much.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 11:11 am

Fear The Walking Dead
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 9:46 pm

Deadpool
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 10:03 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Deadpool

I didn't think I'd enjoy that movie at all since I'm not a "comic book guy" but the more I hear and the more snippets I see of it the more I think I might like it after all.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2016 6:12 pm

tohostudios wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Deadpool

I didn't think I'd enjoy that movie at all since I'm not a "comic book guy" but the more I hear and the more snippets I see of it the more I think I might like it after all.

Great flick, funny and worth a watch
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2016 8:00 pm

Gotham

I'm starting to get tired of the "re-animated villains" gimmick.  At least until Huge Strange revives The Joker.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2016 8:30 am

"Deathgasm" (2015)

"Black Roses" meets "Evil Dead 2" in this entertainingly sick 'n' silly heavy metal horror/splatter comedy from New Zealand (of all places). When a couple of suburban metal dorks form a garage band, they attempt to play an ancient piece of "evil" music ...which (naturally) re-awakens a demonic force that turns everyone in town into bloodthirsty monsters and threatens the entire world. Yep, I hate when that happens.
Don't get me wrong, this flick is dumb as a box of rocks but it's a fun watch, riddled with in jokes for the headbanger crowd and featuring a thrashin' soundtrack featuring Elm Street, Skull Fist, BulletBelt and many more.

Added bonus: my wife HATED it, haha. I sez "Great, now we're even for those f**king Twilight movies!!!" Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2016 1:21 pm

Criminal Minds
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2016 7:58 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Deathgasm" (2015)

"Black Roses" meets "Evil Dead 2" in this entertainingly sick 'n' silly heavy metal horror/splatter comedy from New Zealand (of all places). When a couple of suburban metal dorks form a garage band, they attempt to play an ancient piece of "evil" music ...which (naturally) re-awakens a demonic force that turns everyone in town into bloodthirsty monsters and threatens the entire world. Yep, I hate when that happens.
Don't get me wrong, this flick is dumb as a box of rocks but it's a fun watch, riddled with in jokes for the headbanger crowd and featuring a thrashin' soundtrack featuring Elm Street, Skull Fist, BulletBelt and many more.

Added bonus: my wife HATED it, haha. I sez "Great, now we're even for those f**king Twilight movies!!!" Laughing very hard

That one sounds like a hoot.  And I love the Twilight comment; "You expect me to watch movies you like that I think suck?  Well turnabout is fair play.  We're watching Deathgasm." 

I'm surprised your wife actually sat there and watched it.  I think most wives would have either gone to another TV or found something else to do.  The title sort of gives away that this ain't gonna be a chick flick.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2016 10:49 am

tohostudios wrote:

I'm surprised your wife actually sat there and watched it.  I think most wives would have either gone to another TV or found something else to do.  The title sort of gives away that this ain't gonna be a chick flick.

Yea, I don't think my wife made it to the opening credits on that one. "Deathgasm? You enjoy, I'm going up to bed". Razz

As for the movie, it was entertaining enough. I don't usually go for the horror/gore stuff, but there was enough metal and humor (and boobs) to warrant a viewing. I may have fast-forwarded towards the end though.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2016 12:04 pm

Season 5 of The X Files
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2016 12:22 pm

Last night I watched:
Night Court
Carol Burnett & Friends
Barney Miller
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2016 12:30 pm

Supernatural
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2016 7:10 pm

Yesterday, I watched an episode of South Park after the hockey game was over.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2016 9:56 am

Got caught up on a few more episodes of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. That show is hilarious.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 4:46 pm

Sssssss (1973)

Strother Martin as a mad scientist experimenting on his assistant tobturn him into a snake, believing that humanity will die out and reptiles will inherit the earth. Decent but a little slow moving.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 5:06 pm

tohostudios wrote:

I guess my wife wasn't technically "watching" it per se - but she was in the same room, doing Sudoku puzzles on her tablet. Every so often, she'd look up at the gloriously splattery chaos and mayhem unfolding on the TV, roll her eyes and say something like "Oh, good Lord..." or "Seriously?" under her breath while I was laughin' my ass off... Laughing very hard

She usually digs horror movies but I think this one was a little too over-the-top silly for her. As far as she's concerned, horror movies should be scary, comedies should be funny, but the two should never meet. I say "Ash and the Evil Dead and Tucker and Dale  disagree with you." Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 6:19 pm

So does Shaun Of The Dead

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 10:58 pm

007 wrote:
Sssssss (1973)

Strother Martin as a mad scientist experimenting on his assistant tobturn him into a snake, believing that humanity will die out and reptiles will inherit the earth. Decent but a little slow moving.

Caught some Svengoolie?
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 8:27 pm

The Price Is Right
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 9:42 pm

I've been trying to get caught up with Game of Thrones (I'm on season 3, episode 3 now), started rewatching Firefly, and just started watching Vikings.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 11:29 pm

"Fantastic Four" (2015)

This expensive turkey attempts to reboot the Marvel Comics heroes as a quartet of teenage geniuses, hired to work on a government-sanctioned experiment with inter-dimensional travel. Naturally things go wrong, endowing each of them with cool super-powers - and giving birth to a super-villain who wants to destroy our world.
I was honestly expecting much worse from this flick after all the bad word-of-mouth it got, but in the end I can understand why this movie received so much fanboy hatred. This is a "Fantastic Four" movie in name only, as it bears almost no resemblance to the comics aside from the characters'  names and their powers. Skip it unless you absolutely have to see every Marvel movie in existence.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 9:45 am

Supernatural season finale
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next