Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016

Go down 
+25
akeldama
DallasBlack
ZombieHavoc
the sentinel
Wurthless
SideShowDisaSter
corplhicks
Thelemech
manny
Boris2008
chewie
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
DakotaRogers
James B.
thejokeriv
Required Fields
scottmitchell74
mikeinfla
tohostudios
exact33
Leatherface
nevermore
Fat Freddy
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 5:22 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Black Roses" (1988)

Demons come to the tiny town of Mill Basin disguised as a hair metal band, and soon their devil music has unfortunate effects on the local teenage population. Anti-social behavior, murder and general hilarity ensues.
In the annals of Heavy Metal Horror flicks, this one makes "Trick or Treat" look like "Masterpiece Theater." The soundtrack to this cheap, poorly acted schlock is better than the movie.
Hahahaha!  I remember that one.  Unfortunately.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 5:45 pm

30 For 30 - Four Falls of Buffalo

Another great ESPN documentary and this time it's about the early 90s Bills and their 4 Super Bowl losses. I admit that I couldn't stand this Bills team and I was always glad when they lost. Upon reflection, I mostly disliked them because they were very good. Unfortunately, they are only remembered as losers, which is preposterous considering they completely dominated the AFC for four years. They even had a 14-2 record against the NFC during the regular season, including beating the Giants and the Cowboys.

One minor quibble is that they claim to have started using their K-gun offense in a game against the Browns in 1989. That's not really true. They started using the no-huddle/hurry up after losing the 1988 AFC Championship to the Bengals who pioneered that offense.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 6:20 pm

I really enjoy those 30 For 30 docs when I catch them.  I usually don't even have to be particularly interested in the subject matter.  One of my favorites is "I Hate Christian Laettner".

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 6:26 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I really enjoy those 30 For 30 docs when I catch them.  I usually don't even have to be particularly interested in the subject matter.  One of my favorites is "I Hate Christian Laettner".

Same here. I liked the Laettner doc a lot, and I don't even watch basketball!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 7:20 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
"Black Roses" (1988)

Demons come to the tiny town of Mill Basin disguised as a hair metal band, and soon their devil music has unfortunate effects on the local teenage population. Anti-social behavior, murder and general hilarity ensues.
In the annals of Heavy Metal Horror flicks, this one makes "Trick or Treat" look like "Masterpiece Theater." The soundtrack to this cheap, poorly acted schlock is better than the movie.

I hadn't seen it since I was in college, and it was pretty terrible even then. It certainly hasn't gotten any better with age. Very Happy

It does have one classic line though -- when the kid comes home with his ear pierced and his Dad says "There's only two kinds of guys that wear earrings - pirates and homos. And I don't see no ship in our driveway!" Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 7:42 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
"Black Roses" (1988)

I hadn't seen it since I was in college, and it was pretty terrible even then. It certainly hasn't gotten any better with age. Very Happy

It does have one classic line though -- when the kid comes home with his ear pierced and his Dad says "There's only two kinds of guys that wear earrings - pirates and homos. And I don't see no ship in our driveway!" Laughing very hard

Such a classic movie! From the not so special effects to the obvious Canadian set location posing as America (I believe I once described it as Amerida), you really can't beat this gem. The wigs alone make it worth it.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 9:17 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
"Black Roses" (1988)

Such a classic movie!  From the not so special effects to the obvious Canadian set location posing as America (I believe I once described it as Amerida), you really can't beat this gem.  The wigs alone make it worth it.

Haven't seen it in years and the only thing I remember about it is the Lizzy Borden cameo.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 9:21 pm

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 12:08 am

"The Spy Who Loved Flowers" (1966)
TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 6 220px-The_Spy_Who_Loved_Flowers
More derivative Euro-spy fun. This sequel to "SuperSeven: Calling Cairo" brings back Roger Browne as crack M.I.6 agent James Bo --- errr, I mean "Martin Stevens" -- and sends him on a mission to assassinate three enemy spies in various locations across Europe. Along the way he encounters a ditzy female photographer who fills the damsel-in-distress/love interest role. I liked this better than the first "SuperSeven" film, though Agent "Stevens" still isn't worthy to carry 007's shoulder holster.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 11:07 am

So I was looking for something else to watch all day today besides the interminable crap leading up to the Superbowl so I checked to see if SyFy was running a Twilight Zone marathon or something.  Nope.  But they are running a bunch of "Shark vs..." movies including this one (which I don't recall ever seeing a FF review for):

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 11:47 am

tohostudios wrote:
But they are running a bunch of "Shark vs..." movies including this one (which I don't recall ever seeing a FF review for):

I saw the first "Sharktopus" but not this one (or the recent "Sharktopus vs. Whalewolf")... so many shark movies, so little time. Laughing very hard

...besides, I'm on a Euro-spy movie kick at the moment anyway. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 3:17 pm

2 more episodes from season 1 of the X-Files.

Squeeze - which introduces us to Eugene Toomes, mutant serial killer and Conduit which deals with a young girl's alien abduction
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 4:32 pm

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 6 2f9ca1e7b5b42196fc0f6ba668b51757
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 5:21 pm

Puppy Bowl XII

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 5:56 pm

With my son this afternoon:

"Goosebumps" (2015)

All the ghouls, monsters, and nasties from an author's scary stories come to life and cause havoc in a small town.  This fun, kid friendly creature feature is based on R.L. Stine's long running series of pre-teen horror novels. Jack Black is a hoot as the movie version of Stine, as well as the voice of the evil ventriloquist dummy "Slappy."

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 6:04 pm

The previews I've seen for that actually look pretty good.   The monster CGI looks decent enough.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 6:20 pm

tohostudios wrote:
The previews I've seen for that actually look pretty good.   The monster CGI looks decent enough.

My kids love the book series. I honestly wasn't expecting much from the movie but it was enjoyable.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 8:40 am

"The Last Seduction" (1994)

Noir-inspired drama/thriller about a tough-as-nails New York woman (Linda Fiorentino) who takes off with a suitcase full of her drug-dealing husband's cash. She then settles in a small town under an assumed name, where she begins an affair with a local yokel and manipulates him into finishing her dirty work for her.

Linda Fiorentino's excellent performance is the main reason to watch this movie - not only is she smokin' hot but you kinda end up rooting for her even though she's a totally cold-as-ice, amoral beeyotch.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 11:36 am

tohostudios wrote:

My kids enjoyed it. They aren't familiar with the books, but they've watched the tv show on Netflix enough to know the story and recognize some of the characters. I personally didn't get much out of it, but I have a pre-disposed disliking of Jack Black, so that probably tainted my opinion.

For a Friday night feature, I didn't fall asleep through it, so I guess that's something. Smile

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 9:06 pm

The X-Files season 10 episode Home Again. Excellent episode, probably the best one so far.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 8:43 am

"The Babadook" (2014)

A still-grieving young widow and her son are victimized by an evil spirit that enters their home through a sinister children's book.
This unusual, arty Aussie psychological horror sets a properly bleak, depressing mood and has some spooky bits but overall it didn't really "click" with me. I guess I was expecting better/scarier from all the critical love and hype it received... I didn't really see what all the whoop-de-doo was about. (shrugs)

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 9:29 am

I thought the Babadook was a decent enough picture, nothing too great but not that bad either. I certainly didn't regret watching it.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 11:01 am

I was a little underwhelmed by Babadook too because most of the reviews held it to be a "truly scary" title--and I just wasn't scared. A little unnerved by the mom's behavior, but that's about it. Still, I appreciated the cerebral experience more than anything.

You guys wanna see a f*cked-up foreign indie horror movie regarding familial turbulence? 2014's Goodnight Mommy. Good god. I still have a bruise from that one.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 11:08 am

Yea, Babadook was just...OK. My expectations may have been a bit too high due to all the raves I'd heard/read about it.

...and not for nothin' but was the kid in "Babadook" one of THE MOST ANNOYING MOVIE CHILDREN EVER? I swear, I wanted something terrible to happen to him less than ten minutes in. Does that make me a bad person? Haha.

I've heard good things about "Goodnight Mommy," it's on my list.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 8:48 pm

The X Files
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next