Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The official LaLa.com Thread

Go down 
+13
outofstep
spiritoradio
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
scottmitchell74
Waylon
Shiney
ultmetal
Thrasher73
SideShowDisaSter
Rex
kmorg
AchrisK
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 8:59 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
Eyesore,How do you like the Dyecrest?
I dig it. Solid CD! 🤘
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 9:37 pm

Thrasher....I see you have me as a friend....I don't know to put you on my list!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 3:19 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Thrasher....I see you have me as a friend....I don't know to put you on my list!

Easy Bro,just click on my avatar,then it will take you to my karma page.Upper right corner,click on add as friend.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 3:06 am

No more lala for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 3:16 am

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
No more lala for me.
Why not?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 3:18 am

i got a couple with no art at all. Plus, the stuff i had for trade wasn't getting taken.

just not my thing. All the stuff I ever wanted i never got. Not really my cup o' tea.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 3:20 am

I would be interested in it if I didn't have to use a credit card. My dad is helping me out in budgeting and payin off my debt and part of the aggreement is that I use only cash for food and non-essential items. My card can only be used to buy gas, for emergencies, and pay my car insurance. Maybe in a year or so, once I'm on my feet and supportining myself (or I marry some rich babe, as if).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 3:44 am

i got a couple with no art at all. Plus, the stuff i had for trade wasn't getting taken.

just not my thing. All the stuff I ever wanted i never got. Not really my cup o' tea.
Those dicks that send no art at all should be suspended. I can't stand that. I had one guy do it to me TWICE! And the first time I was annoyed, the second time he said he did it on purpose to piss me off! He wrote this in a blurb to me. Is that not grounds for suspension? They suspended me for saying "gay," but a user can admit to exploiting the rules to intentionally piss someone off, and that's cool? Pffft!

I'm not jaded, though. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 4:18 am

Eyesore wrote:

Those dicks that send no art at all should be suspended. I can't stand that. I had one guy do it to me TWICE! And the first time I was annoyed, the second time he said he did it on purpose to piss me off! He wrote this in a blurb to me. Is that not grounds for suspension? They suspended me for saying "gay," but a user can admit to exploiting the rules to intentionally piss someone off, and that's cool? Pffft!

I'm not jaded, though. Haha.

How did you like that Fates Warning CD?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 1:52 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
How did you like that Fates Warning CD?
Great CD! I used to own it, but it's one I sold when I downsized my collection because it was too big to fit in dorm rooms when I was in the Air Force. Looking back, I should have just kept everything in boxes under my bed, or made a table out of the boxes, or something. Selling was a bad move because I've re-bought tons of them!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 9:10 pm

I have a friend who uses those binders for his CD collection, so he gives me the jewelcases. He never takes the back inserts out, so I always keep those that I may need, in case I don't get the back insert through lala. It's worked good for me a couple times, but I also now have a few I set aside that I didn't end up needing (got the back insert).

So I have a few some of you may want:

Badlands - Badlands
Flotsam And Jetsam - Doomsday For The Deceiver
Flotsam And Jetsam - No Place For Disgrace
Strung Out - An American Paradox
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 12:13 am

yeah I've got artwork for Angra-Fireworks if anyone needs it.The disc was split when I got it.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 5:15 pm

I have about reached the end of my rope with these guys....

Out of the last 6 cds I have received 4 have been cracked (most recent today!!)

I asked the post office about it and they said they could do nothing, that their machine shouldn't cause this....I NEVER hadany damage with the plastic shells they used to use and would gladly pay up to a dollar more if they went back to that....

Stupid cheap hippies!!!Argh!!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 5:33 pm

Shiney wrote:

I asked the post office about it and they said they could do nothing, that their machine shouldn't cause this....I NEVER hadany damage with the plastic shells they used to use and would gladly pay up to a dollar more if they went back to that....

They don't use the plastic shells anymore? (I've been on vacation mode @ Lala for the past several months so I haven't been keeping up to date on what's happening over there.) What are they using now?

I guess I can throw away the last couple of shells I have hanging around in my desk drawer then?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 5:49 pm

cardboard sleeves....but the forums are littered with sts by people (like me) complaining about all the broken discs...so maybe they'll go back to the plastic ones....

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 6:21 pm

Shiney wrote:
This is most definitely got to do with the post office processing facilities. I have not gotten any cracked CDs, but it seems that some people continuously get them. That's a trend that says wherever your mail is processed is breaking them. I would contact lala. I know they supposedly spent a lot of money and time working side by side with the post office for these envelopes and the way they're processed. And apparently it's new technology. If lala knows about this, they may be able to work with your local mail people and get it sorted. I know they have a guy that works strictly with the post office issues.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 6:25 pm

Shiney wrote:
cardboard sleeves....but the forums are littered with sts by people (like me) complaining about all the broken discs...so maybe they'll go back to the plastic ones....
It's not the shells. It's how the mail is sorted now. Ever see those videos of how letters are zipped through those machines? These new envelopes go that way now, too. So the only thing I can think is happening is that people are putting too many things through at once and the pressure is breaking the CDs. I mean, you can't break a letter, you know, so post office employees likely are in the habit of shoving more letters through than they're supposed to. The CDs, however, can break, and do. That's all I can think of.

At first I thought people were exaggerating at how often CDs came broken, but now reading all the forum complaints I think I'm more inclined to believe them (even though some are clearly liars).
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 6:28 pm

I did contact the 209ers and was told they are monitoring the damage ratios and working on a solution....

rada rada rada....

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 6:53 pm

Shiney wrote:
I did contact the 209ers and was told they are monitoring the damage ratios and working on a solution....

rada rada rada....
Well, hopefully they get it together.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 12:19 pm

....rather than start a new thread and since it's semi-related....

Has anyone ever tried Peerflix? http://www.peerflix.com/help/tutorials/howitworks.jsf

Apparently its similar to LALA but with DVDs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 1:21 pm

SwapaDVD.com has been awesome for me with DVDs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 10:21 pm

The Gathering's Home is available on SwapaCD with all art. Great CD. Nothing like Mandylion or Nighttime Birds, though.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 12:25 pm

Is anyone still doing lala? I had been throttled since forever, and was not checking in much anymore, but I just got my second ship this week.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 12:27 pm

I'm still doing it. I get 1-5 a month it seems....
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 12:30 pm

Well then ship me something, fool! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The official LaLa.com Thread
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next