Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Happy Thansgiving

Go down 
+5
Thelemech
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
the sentinel
9 posters
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Happy Thansgiving Empty
PostSubject: Happy Thansgiving   Happy Thansgiving Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2015 12:19 pm

Just wanted to wish one and all a safe and Happy Turkey Day!!! tr00
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39578

Happy Thansgiving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Thansgiving   Happy Thansgiving Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2015 12:41 pm

cheers

Try not to eat too much !
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Happy Thansgiving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Thansgiving   Happy Thansgiving Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2015 1:37 pm

Thanks. Same to you and everyone else here.

My turkey is in the oven; 23 pounder this year.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Happy Thansgiving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Thansgiving   Happy Thansgiving Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2015 2:09 pm

Happy Thanksgiving!

Toho - 23 pounds? Who are you, the dad from A Christmas Story? "...turkey hash, turkey a la king, gallons of turkey soup..."

I'm guessing a big gathering. Hope it's fun!
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

Happy Thansgiving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Thansgiving   Happy Thansgiving Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2015 2:30 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American brothers and sisters!!

Have a great day!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Happy Thansgiving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Thansgiving   Happy Thansgiving Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2015 2:48 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Happy Thanksgiving!

Toho - 23 pounds? Who are you, the dad from A Christmas Story? "...turkey hash, turkey a la king, gallons of turkey soup..."

That's the funny part, it's just me. But it's no more work to cook a big turkey than a small one; I just bag and freeze the leftovers. Turkey is just as versatile as chicken so there are a ton of ways to use it.

scottmitchell74

Happy Thansgiving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Thansgiving   Happy Thansgiving Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2015 4:29 pm

So you are "Old Man Parker!" ..."turkey sandwiches, turkey salad, turkey gravy..."

Enjoy my friend.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Happy Thansgiving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Thansgiving   Happy Thansgiving Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2015 4:53 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
So you are "Old Man Parker!" ..."turkey sandwiches, turkey salad, turkey gravy..."

Enjoy my friend.  

lol!

Thank you sir. You enjoy your family. See if you can get one of your daughters to do something worthy of a new avatar.

scottmitchell74

Happy Thansgiving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Thansgiving   Happy Thansgiving Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2015 10:20 pm

tohostudios wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

Enjoy my friend.  

lol!

Thank you sir.  You enjoy your family.  See if you can get one of your daughters to do something worthy of a new avatar.

Are you saying he's a little dated? I'll consider it. Change is evil!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Happy Thansgiving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Thansgiving   Happy Thansgiving Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2015 3:14 am

tohostudios wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:
Happy Thanksgiving!

That's the funny part, it's just me.  But it's no more work to cook a big turkey than a small one; I just bag and freeze the leftovers.  Turkey is just as versatile as chicken so there are a ton of ways to use it.  

Same here, got a 20# this year and it's just my wife, myself, parents, sis, bro-in-law, and three kids--the kids don't even eat turkey and bro-in-law is vegan. So I doubt we'll get through even half of it (especially with ten sides). But it's all good, because soup hash sandwiches FOOD FOR WEEKS--a stellar investment.

I'm just hoping to survive it. Just got done at my grandma's, and tomorrow I'm hosting my family, and the day after that I'm hosting my MIL--I'm already beat. Been up prepping for tomorrow and decided to take a break here.

Happy T-Day, everybody.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Happy Thansgiving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Thansgiving   Happy Thansgiving Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2015 2:35 am

Pros: I'm seriously patting myself on the back right now. The turkey came out ideal--and I'm not a big fan of turkey in the first place--along with the sides. I rocked the kitchen today; whole family was happy and we had a great time. Got the carcass soup simmering right now, hash will happen tomorrow morning. I rewarded myself with a surplus of cold gin. Yes, I feel quite well right now Wink

Cons: I'm f*cking exhausted. Never stopped once for a break from 8 this morning until 10:30 tonight. Having the kids underfoot with no other help was a true test of patience. I've never had dishes piled up in the sink like this. There's zero room in the fridge or freezer (wondering where to put the soup). And I still have tomorrow (thank god my MIL only wants turkey sandwiches and soup).

Pros outweigh the cons, though. Especially since it's cold gin time again.

Menu:
20# young turkey, brined and buttered (no stuffing)
Glazed carrots
Garlic gold mashed potatoes
Homemade cranberry sauce
Post-roast gravy from drippings w/red wine reduction
Creamed corn iron skillet cornbread
Box mix stuffing amped up with various augmentations (didn't have time to pursue scratch)
Pumpkin pie
Green bean casserole, yam balls, and dinner rolls courtesy my wife and sis
A tofurkey, because my BIL is vegan. Yes, it is quite awful.
Bombay Sapphire dry gin on the rocks. On the hour.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

Happy Thansgiving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Thansgiving   Happy Thansgiving Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2015 10:42 pm

I ask this sincerely without sarcasm...is it now expected to cater to guests concerning extreme diets like veganism and such? What if the guest is a bodybuilder? Or something else?

If I had something different like that, I'd bring my food. Of course, Corplhicks, I don't know your family history and such, but I'm just wondering in general these days what the etiquette is.

Sounds like in the end, you had a great day Corpl!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Happy Thansgiving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Thansgiving   Happy Thansgiving Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2015 4:00 pm

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving Weekend.

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

Happy Thansgiving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Thansgiving   Happy Thansgiving Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2015 4:04 pm

I hope that it was good for all!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Happy Thansgiving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Thansgiving   Happy Thansgiving Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2015 7:55 pm

Weren't bad. I did have an 11 hour shift on Friday and my overtime day Saturday. That will probably be my new norm until after Christmas.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Happy Thansgiving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Thansgiving   Happy Thansgiving Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2015 9:47 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I ask this sincerely without sarcasm...is it now expected to cater to guests concerning extreme diets like veganism and such? What if the guest is a bodybuilder? Or something else?

If I had something different like that, I'd bring my food. Of course, Corplhicks, I don't know your family history and such, but I'm just wondering in general these days what the etiquette is.

Sounds like in the end, you had a great day Corpl!

I'm still recovering haha, especially with all the Christmas decorating that follows.

From what I know etiquette..and this is my hard and fast rule...is that everyone brings their own sides and I do the turkey--ESPECIALLY if a guest has alternative eating habits. The reason I did so many sides was because most of my family fell ill that week and couldn't cook so I took it upon myself. But as far as the vegan stuff, I told them there was no way I was holding to that. They were responsible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Happy Thansgiving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Thansgiving   Happy Thansgiving Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Happy Thansgiving
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Of Unsound Mind-
Jump to: