Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gary Numan New Album Experience

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

Gary Numan New Album Experience Empty
PostSubject: Gary Numan New Album Experience   Gary Numan New Album Experience Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 11:14 pm

Any Numanoids here? You probably know about the PledgeMusic project he started. He's giving his fans a chance to follow the creation of his new album as it is being planned, written, rehearsed, etc over the next 11 months. It seems really intriguing to me. I pledged to get the personalized, handwritten lyric sheet. He sends updates on his progress. Some fans have been critical, however, posting they would rather it be a mystery until they hear the finished product or they don't like the idea of spending money on something yet to be started. Thoughts? Here's a link to the video explaining the project:

Gary Numan New Album Experience on PledgeMusic
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Gary Numan New Album Experience   Gary Numan New Album Experience Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 11:04 pm

I like his first four albums(Tubeway Army thru Telekon), but outside of those I don't know his later music.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Gary Numan New Album Experience   Gary Numan New Album Experience Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 9:38 am

I've been debating signing on. I probably won't pay a lick of attention to the "making of" stuff though unless it's full demo tracks we're given to download or something along those lines and that's only because I think his last few albums have had better demo versions than finished tracks. His production style of late hasn't really wowed me and I think he needs to move on from working with Ade Fenton.

The idea of him doing a "pledge" campaign is totally valid to me and I have no problem throwing in directly to get a new album from someone I like. My main hangup is that his last few have seemed very "samey" to me.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Gary Numan New Album Experience   Gary Numan New Album Experience Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 10:47 am

Yeah, he was in a musical rut for a while, but I thought Splinter was his best album in years.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Gary Numan New Album Experience   Gary Numan New Album Experience Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 12:44 pm

I'll have to give it another listen. I checked it out from the library and just thought, "Oh, more of the same." That was after only one listen though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gary Numan New Album Experience   Gary Numan New Album Experience Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gary Numan New Album Experience
Page 1 of 1