Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Ten (Gary Hughes) album due

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

New Ten (Gary Hughes) album due Empty
PostSubject: New Ten (Gary Hughes) album due   New Ten (Gary Hughes) album due Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 2:50 am

This album is called Heresy & Creed and will be out Oct. 22nd

I know there aren't a lot of fans here, but I certainly am one so I'll toss this out there anyway.

It's funny that I like this band so much because Gary Hughes has his formula and sticks to it rigidly. Every album is pretty much the same, other than a couple of albums that featured ensemble all-star vocals (but stuck to his formula anyway). I haven't heard this one yet but I can almost guarantee that that of the 12 songs (plus one instrumental intro) we will hear:

Two or three melodic hard rockers
Two or three power ballads
Two sappy ballads
Two up tempo party rockers
Two medieval themed epic type songs

The irony is that I really don't have much use for three of those variations (with some exceptions), but for melodic hard rock and power ballads Hughes is the absolute master IMO. Strange that this is one of my favorite bands and I only like half their songs. Produced by Dennis Ward.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: New Ten (Gary Hughes) album due   New Ten (Gary Hughes) album due Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 7:49 pm

The last album was great this one should be good as well

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Ten (Gary Hughes) album due   New Ten (Gary Hughes) album due Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 9:49 pm

I didn't have much time to enjoy the last one. I sold it in my unemployment sale and shortly after, my back up hard drive (which contained the album) crashed and all info lost to me. However, I have and love Babylon and will order this one the next time I order albums (found out about this one after my last online purchase).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: New Ten (Gary Hughes) album due   New Ten (Gary Hughes) album due Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 3:46 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
I didn't have much time to enjoy the last one. I sold it in my unemployment sale and shortly after, my back up hard drive (which contained the album) crashed and all info lost to me. However, I have and love Babylon and will order this one the next time I order albums (found out about this one after my last online purchase).

Damn your hard drive crashed? So you lost everything? Is there stuff that you want back, cause we listen to a lot of the same bands and if I have it I can send you the mp3s.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Ten (Gary Hughes) album due   New Ten (Gary Hughes) album due Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 7:03 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Damn your hard drive crashed? So you lost everything? Is there stuff that you want back, cause we listen to a lot of the same bands and if I have it I can send you the mp3s.

I lost a lot of stuff but some of the others around here helped me recover some it. I'm still short the last Ten album, Within Temptation-The Unforgiving, Evergrey-Glorious Collision, Crematory-Illusions and Revolution, Carnivora-Judas, Scorpions-Animal Magnetism and Blackout and Love At First Sting. Those are the ones I remember that I haven't recovered.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: New Ten (Gary Hughes) album due   New Ten (Gary Hughes) album due Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 7:20 pm

the last Ten album, Within Temptation-The Unforgiving, Evergrey-Glorious Collision....I can hook you up with those. Look at my RYM page see if theres anything else.

PostSubject: Re: New Ten (Gary Hughes) album due   New Ten (Gary Hughes) album due Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Ten (Gary Hughes) album due
Page 1 of 1