Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris

Go down 
+12
thejokeriv
Boris2008
Troublezone
chewie
corplhicks
Thelemech
the sentinel
DakotaRogers
metalinmyveins
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
Witchfinder
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7612

Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris Empty
PostSubject: Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris   Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 5:35 pm

I don't know if anybody is following this but as I type this multiple terrorist attacks are occurring in Paris and one such attack was at an Eagles of Death Metal concert. Apparently there are over 100 being held hostage.

http://www.france24.com/en/20151113-several-simultaneous-shootings-paris-casualties-reported
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris   Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 5:45 pm

Yeah, I'm watching it now

And what's to keep something similar from happening here?  Nothing.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris   Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 5:48 pm

Scary stuff.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris   Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 6:42 pm

This situation at the Bataclan keeps getting worse.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

PostSubject: Re: Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris   Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 6:54 pm

Watching it on CNN right now. Bad shit...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris   Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 6:57 pm

Apparently the police finally have control of the venue.

Sounds like the French police killed the bastards.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris   Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 7:04 pm

Reports are the band are safe but some of the crew are missing. Of course, early reports are frequently wrong, but that's what I've been reading. What a horrifying situation.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris   Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 7:17 pm

Holy shit!  French police are saying over 100 people dead at the Bataclan alone.

They're saying the f*ckers not only had guns but were tossing explosives into the crowd.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris   Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 7:21 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Holy shit!  French police are saying over 100 people dead at the Bataclan alone.

They're saying the f*ckers not only had guns but were tossing explosives into the crowd.

Ugh. What a nightmare.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris   Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 8:33 pm

Interesting interview that a gentleman had with Anderson Cooper just now. He was in the theatre and able to escape within the first few minutes of this terrible tragedy. According to him, he said the terrorists spoke French, which is really making the French intelligence look bad. They have a really bad issue regarding French nationalists joining Isis and then being able to reenter French society. If these end up all being French nationalists, then heads are gonna roll regarding French leadership.

The good news, the brother of the drummer for the band said the band all made it to safety. What a sad day...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris   Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 8:36 pm

And France has now shut their borders for the first time since 1944. 

Holy crap.

Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris   Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 9:09 pm

One of the anchors on MSNBC took 5 minutes out of the broadcast to awkwardly explain that the band didn't actually play death metal.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris   Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 9:14 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:
One of the anchors on MSNBC took 5 minutes out of the broadcast to awkwardly explain that the band didn't actually play death metal.

That's about what I would expect from MSNBC.

Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris   Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 9:17 pm

They're saying that one member has been killed.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris   Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 9:19 pm

The news feeds I'm watching say all the band members are accounted for but several members of the crew are missing.

Who knows in such a chaotic situation.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris   Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 9:31 pm

The stories of survivors of this concert are amazing.

Several people claim to have climbed to the roof of the venue, punched out a window and were invited over to the attic of a neighboring house to hide out.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris   Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 10:15 pm

There was also an attack and multiple explosions outside of a soccer match between France and Germany.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris   Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 10:29 pm

This is some crazy stuff, murderous scum.

I hope that they find all the attackers.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris   Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 10:36 pm

Lots of inappropriate and insensitive rhetoric floating around Facebook right now--all in the vein of either, "F*ck France they hate us anyway and had this coming," or "that's what they get for their rigorous anti-gun laws." Reminds me of why I gave up Facebook in the first place.

Anyway, this is just awful. Prayers for our oldest ally.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris   Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 10:59 pm

Good man, corp.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris   Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 11:19 pm

I had been following this story the second it broke, I had the day off and my son was sick. Just watching TV and then this happened.

A travesty!

112 dead just at The Bataclan..........

I guess it ended up being a very coordinated 7 venue attack. Scary.......
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris   Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 1:48 am

Pure evil. Very sad...
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris   Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 6:48 am

Apparently, this is some kind of Islamic State declaration of war. This could get extremely ugly in Europe.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris   Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 1:41 pm

I watched past night and cranked the latest Eagles of Death Metal album in their honor, not my usual play list band but the album wasn't bad, garage rock.

This is France's 9/11.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris   Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 3:52 pm

Any word on their crew?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris   Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eagles of Death Metal Hostage Situation in Paris
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Of Unsound Mind-
Jump to: