Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Circle II Circle

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Circle II Circle Empty
PostSubject: Circle II Circle   Circle II Circle Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 5:37 pm

Was anyone aware that a new Circle II Circle album was released a few weeks ago? Because I had no idea.

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6382

Circle II Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circle II Circle   Circle II Circle Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 6:21 pm

Yes, I have this. Played it a few times. Some forgettable tracks, and Zakk's certainly not getting better. But there's enough good stuff to keep a fan happy.

I really like how Circle II Circle songs and albums grown on you though. I think a lot has to do with how Zakk sings against the melody so much. The songs really only come alive after awhile. And that's why I'm holding my judgment for now. Though I do know the last two never really quite connected that well with me.

But Burden of Truth was amazing!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Circle II Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circle II Circle   Circle II Circle Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2015 11:36 am

I'm slowly starting to dig the first half of the record. I couldn't find songwriting credits anywhere on the booklet. Annoying. Anyone figured 'em out?
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Circle II Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circle II Circle   Circle II Circle Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2015 2:47 pm

Lari wrote:
I'm slowly starting to dig the first half of the record. I couldn't find songwriting credits anywhere on the booklet. Annoying. Anyone figured 'em out?

Looked around the net but couldn't find anything. The promotion and packaging of this seemed to be a bit lackluster. I never even caught a breeze about a new release.

Anyway, this is another strong entry. Zak sounds great. Really digging Untold Dreams, great riff there. Heavy shit.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Circle II Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circle II Circle   Circle II Circle Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2015 7:28 pm

Yeah, I didn't see a thing about it, though I did check Blabbermouth and they posted about it a few times. Somehow I managed to miss those updates, though I'm pretty sure I check Blabbermouth daily.

And the band posted about it like crazy on Facebook. Never saw those, either.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Circle II Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circle II Circle   Circle II Circle Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2015 7:48 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Yeah, I didn't see a thing about it, though I did check Blabbermouth and they posted about it a few times. Somehow I managed to miss those updates, though I'm pretty sure I check Blabbermouth daily.

And the band posted about it like crazy on Facebook. Never saw those, either.

When you have two tiny kids running around, I can imagine it's easy to miss out on news about a heavy metal band's releases. lol!

I was going to post a thread about the album when I first ordered it, but then got distracted by real life and just ended up mentioning it in the "new acquisitions" thread.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Circle II Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circle II Circle   Circle II Circle Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 5:32 pm

corplhicks wrote:

Anyway, this is another strong entry. Zak sounds great. Really digging Untold Dreams, great riff there. Heavy shit.

One More Day is great, too. And "Somewhere".

Solitary Rain is possibly my favourite CIIC ballad by now.

I like this better than Seasons Will Fall, Consequence of Power and Delusions of Grandeur. But not as much as that Machines of Grace album Zak did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Circle II Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circle II Circle   Circle II Circle Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Circle II Circle
Page 1 of 1