Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Circle II Circle

Go down 
+4
ghostintheruins
mc666
Tall Tyrion
A Handful of Wayne
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Circle II Circle Empty
PostSubject: Circle II Circle   Circle II Circle Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 9:24 pm

I know we've discussed these guys in random Savatage/Oliva threads, but since they're getting ready to drop their new album I figured I'd start a thread. Personally I'm looking forward to this more than the JOP album, though not by much.

Circle II Circle 4483_1

Not a big fan of that cover; it has that cheesy CGI look. Either way, I hope this is a great album. The first three have been killer, if you ask me. 🤘
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Circle II Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circle II Circle   Circle II Circle Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 10:05 pm

Yea im waiting for this too but that cover does suck....
Back to top Go down

Circle II Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circle II Circle   Circle II Circle Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 10:25 pm

I like these guys and JOP about the same. I enjoy both their voices.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

Circle II Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circle II Circle   Circle II Circle Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 1:53 am

I'll be getting this one as well as the new JOP! Can't have too many Sava side projects for me. 🤘
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Circle II Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circle II Circle   Circle II Circle Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 2:13 am

anything with Chris Caffery gets first attention with me.

ghostintheruins
Metal novice
Metal novice
ghostintheruins

Number of posts : 55

Circle II Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circle II Circle   Circle II Circle Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 6:38 am

I'm looking forward to this too, not as much as the new JOP though. I gotta admit that it's one of the worst covers I've seen in a long time.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Circle II Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circle II Circle   Circle II Circle Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 4:22 pm

Zak is my favorite vocalist and I absolutly loved the last one (as well as the first two though not as much) and I'm really looking forward to the new one. Like Eyesore I am antisipating this album more than the JOP album, however, I'm antisipating the tour with Manticora even more (pending on whether they come to Dallas/Ft. Worth or not). I agree that the album cover is not very good especially compared to the cover of Burden Of Truth (that one was awesome).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
ghostintheruins
Metal novice
Metal novice
ghostintheruins

Number of posts : 55

Circle II Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circle II Circle   Circle II Circle Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 5:32 pm

New Tunes up on their myspace page - http://www.myspace.com/circleiicircle
Back to top Go down

Circle II Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circle II Circle   Circle II Circle Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 5:46 pm

That tour with Manticora would be great. That's an underknown band.
Back to top Go down

Circle II Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circle II Circle   Circle II Circle Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 6:06 pm

ghostintheruins wrote:
New Tunes up on their myspace page - http://www.myspace.com/circleiicircle
Sweeeeeeeeeeet! 🤘
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Circle II Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circle II Circle   Circle II Circle Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 6:35 pm

Sounds awesome though not enough to beat Burden Of Truth (but I would have to wait til I get the album to know for sure) but that doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to it. Either way it still up to par with the other material IMO. headbanger
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

Circle II Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circle II Circle   Circle II Circle Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 6:53 pm

The last one was pretty good and I expect this one will be to. I don't see anything wrong with the cover either. In fact I actually kinda like it.
Back to top Go down

Circle II Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circle II Circle   Circle II Circle Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 7:44 pm

Zak's voice sounds off on those samples. Is it just me, or does he sound like he's singing in a deeper tone? It could be the crappy MySpace compression messing with it, but he sounded different.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Circle II Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circle II Circle   Circle II Circle Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 3:09 pm

Another one that will get some guaranteed play in my stereo!

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Circle II Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circle II Circle   Circle II Circle Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 3:51 pm

This album is growing on me. The vocals are top notch as well as the guitar solos. However, the songwriting is not as catchy or hooky as the previous CIIC albums. I will be giving this many more spins to let it sink in.
Back to top Go down

Circle II Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circle II Circle   Circle II Circle Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 7:50 pm

I'm liking it better then Burden but not the first one.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Circle II Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circle II Circle   Circle II Circle Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 3:23 pm

It's not as good as the last one, imho, but it's still a solid CD.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Circle II Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circle II Circle   Circle II Circle Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 11:06 am

I'm finally "getting" this album after listening to it last night. At first I was disappointed because it didn't measure up to the last three in terms of melody and catchiness. I realize now that the meldoy is still there but it is more subtle than before. This is most definatly the heaviest CIIC album so far and that is what kind of threw me off. In the last three (especially Burden Of Truth-my favorite) the melody was at the forefront but in this one it takes a slight back seat to heaviness. This album is sure to get better with more listens and might even move up a few spots on my list (we'll have to see at the end of the year).
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Circle II Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circle II Circle   Circle II Circle Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 1:25 pm

Did Savatage ever record a version of "Watching In Silence" by Circle II Circle? I found myself singing along to it like I had heard it before...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Circle II Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circle II Circle   Circle II Circle Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 1:58 pm

Not that I know of...

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Circle II Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circle II Circle   Circle II Circle Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 10:04 am

kmorg wrote:
Not that I know of...

I must have heard it before at some point and did not know it because when I listened to it for what I thought was the first time, I knew the chorus...it sounds exactly like a Zakk-era Sav tune...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Circle II Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circle II Circle   Circle II Circle Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 2:58 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
kmorg wrote:
Not that I know of...

I must have heard it before at some point and did not know it because when I listened to it for what I thought was the first time, I knew the chorus...it sounds exactly like a Zakk-era Sav tune...

Yes it does, and the whole album is good. Sure you didn't hear it on a comp at one point?

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Circle II Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circle II Circle   Circle II Circle Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 3:40 pm

I must have...

Circle II Circle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Circle II Circle   Circle II Circle Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Circle II Circle
Page 1 of 1