Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Free Metal Albums

Go down 
+14
ultmetal
kmorg
MetalFRO
Schbopo
Stender
shamgar75
the sentinel
Lari
A Handful of Wayne
Glenn Rogers
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
XYZ
Fat Freddy
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Free Metal Albums Empty
PostSubject: Free Metal Albums   Free Metal Albums Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 9:07 am

http://freemetalalbums.wordpress.com/

Most of you probably already know about this site and it may have already been brought up. But it is worth mentioning again.

Completely legal/legit dl site for metal bands to get their stuff out there. Also, a ton of vintage, oop albums, live shows, demos.... I could spend all day on here!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Free Metal Albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Metal Albums   Free Metal Albums Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 9:15 am

Holy crap-amoley. That's quite a list of goodies. Will have to check it out in more depth when I have a few hours to browse Laughing

Thanks for the tip Sax!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

Free Metal Albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Metal Albums   Free Metal Albums Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 10:11 am

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude. Awesome.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Free Metal Albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Metal Albums   Free Metal Albums Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 10:40 am

Nice!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Free Metal Albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Metal Albums   Free Metal Albums Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 11:12 am

Pretty nifty. Definately worth further investigation.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

Free Metal Albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Metal Albums   Free Metal Albums Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 11:31 am

Cool, sent the link to Katon...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Free Metal Albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Metal Albums   Free Metal Albums Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 12:30 pm

iiiiiiiiiinteresting. im goin

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

Free Metal Albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Metal Albums   Free Metal Albums Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 7:28 pm

Wow, a lot of music there. A great chance to stock up my mp3 player with random albums (I'm planning on going by genre, band name and album cover in deciding on what to download) and see if I end up liking anything.

But, hum... some of the albums are not available anymore. At least not the first few I clicked - I own two Trooper CDs from when I visited Romania and I wanted to see what kind of stuff they put on the site. None of the downloads worked.

Anyway, any recommendations for a fan of classic and melodic metal?
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Free Metal Albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Metal Albums   Free Metal Albums Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 9:12 pm

Thanks, Uncle. On my way to check it out now. Smile
Back to top Go down

Free Metal Albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Metal Albums   Free Metal Albums Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 9:39 pm

Remember, there's a reason why they are free......
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

Free Metal Albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Metal Albums   Free Metal Albums Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 9:49 pm

Neat stuff - much thanks for the link!

🤘
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

Free Metal Albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Metal Albums   Free Metal Albums Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 12:32 am

SpectreFate wrote:

The Sindrome aren't all that bad.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Free Metal Albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Metal Albums   Free Metal Albums Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 8:32 am

Completely unrelated to what I said earlier: I always thought a website like this would be perfect. I 100% believe in a band's right to control their music and not give away their work for free, but that doesn't mean they cannot give away sample tracks or even whole albums for free, if they so choose, to promote themselves. And they do - but it was not this organized before. No database or anything.
Illegal downloading is still flat out stealing (instead of the more popular 'I will sample this album illegally and then decide if I want to buy it - oh by the way I only ever bought two albums, but I have 2000 illegal ones on my hard drive').

I believe in what I say, but I'm also slightly sort of flattering myself by saying I didn't illegally download because of high morals (but hey, it still IS stealing), but a big reason also was the fact that I have a lot of CDs and I want to get to know and appreciate the music I already have. Get my money's worth. If I don't have it on CD, listening to it feels like a waste of time, a lot of times. And yes, I do 'sample' when it comes to bands unknown to me. A bit. Be it Youtube, borrowing from a friend or whatever, but I instantly buy the album after I figure out I like it and want to hear more of it. That way I can also enjoy it more.

Luckily nowadays I'm more picky though. I don't like EVERY metal band that plays fast that I hear anymore. Back in the late 90's/early 00's I used to buy just about anything. I still have a few Rhapsody and Hammerfall CDs lying around from those days...

Now I'm again thinking, if I download some of these albums, do I have any interest in listening to them.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Free Metal Albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Metal Albums   Free Metal Albums Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 10:59 am

xyz wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

The Sindrome aren't all that bad.

Its mostly like black and symphonic stuff, but yeah...Sindromes bada$$, All of anacrusis discs are there, Both Heathen, etc.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Free Metal Albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Metal Albums   Free Metal Albums Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 1:35 pm

Witchfinder General is pretty darn good. 🤘
Back to top Go down

Free Metal Albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Metal Albums   Free Metal Albums Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 1:44 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Witchfinder General is pretty darn good. 🤘

Damn straight!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Free Metal Albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Metal Albums   Free Metal Albums Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 9:29 pm

I wanted to get the two Johnny Lökke albums they had, but apparently the links don't work no more.

Meh....

All I have so far is Skyconqueror and Tanker. Crapshoot, but I'll see if I end up liking either band. Lökke has a cover album though and based on that I think it might have been the closest to something I'd like.
Back to top Go down

Free Metal Albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Metal Albums   Free Metal Albums Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 11:57 am

If I could reccomend, the GREY SKIES FALLEN albums are quite good...dark, melodic, progressive metal like a blend of OPETH, PORCUPINE TREE and RADIOHEAD or something...all 3 albums are a little different from each other, but all 3 are good.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

Free Metal Albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Metal Albums   Free Metal Albums Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 5:28 pm

You guys might check out Blabber Download as well. All free stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Free Metal Albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Metal Albums   Free Metal Albums Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 6:30 pm

Woot! Thanks for the tip Fro. I loves me some free stuff. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Free Metal Albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Metal Albums   Free Metal Albums Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 2:20 pm

Sax: Guess what I downloaded from that site! Very Happy Very Happy

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Free Metal Albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Metal Albums   Free Metal Albums Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 3:05 pm

kmorg wrote:

Pat Boone's Greatest Hits? headbanger

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Free Metal Albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Metal Albums   Free Metal Albums Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 3:10 pm

ultmetal wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Pat Boone's Greatest Hits? headbanger

I would if it was there.... lol!

Free Metal Albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Metal Albums   Free Metal Albums Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 9:06 am

kmorg wrote:

ummm, some crappy power metal? just kidding
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Free Metal Albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Metal Albums   Free Metal Albums Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 4:41 am

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
kmorg wrote:

ummm, some crappy power metal? just kidding

Let's just say that your "favorite" band is once aain on my computer Very Happy

Free Metal Albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Metal Albums   Free Metal Albums Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Free Metal Albums
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next