Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What "reunion" would you like to see happen ?

Go down 
+23
leafinator
Temple of Blood
Vexer6
brokentulsa
BearOnUnicycle
chewie
nevermore
thejokeriv
ZombieHavoc
Thrasher73
Eyesore
80s Metal Lady
the sentinel
Boris2008
Witchfinder
DakotaRogers
assault_attack
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Wurthless
MetalGuy71
Runicen
Lari
James B.
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

What "reunion" would you like to see happen ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What "reunion" would you like to see happen ?   What "reunion" would you like to see happen ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2015 9:27 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Put me down for both Skid Row and Cinderella.  

Good call on both, but I would be more interested in Cinderella.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: What "reunion" would you like to see happen ?   What "reunion" would you like to see happen ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2015 11:37 pm

The original Watchtower line-up with Billy White and Jason MacMaster.
Triumph
Original House Of Lords would be cool. too
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: What "reunion" would you like to see happen ?   What "reunion" would you like to see happen ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2015 2:04 pm

assault_attack wrote:
A new cd from Titan Force with Harry "The Tyrant" Conklin.  
This one easily.
Fifth Angel in any incarnation.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: What "reunion" would you like to see happen ?   What "reunion" would you like to see happen ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 6:42 pm

I would like one more Celtic Frost album but the brilliance of Triptykon dulls that ache somewhat.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: What "reunion" would you like to see happen ?   What "reunion" would you like to see happen ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 6:45 pm

Oh and Amesoeurs! I want another Amesoeurs album!
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: What "reunion" would you like to see happen ?   What "reunion" would you like to see happen ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 10:50 am

Shotgun Messiah
Rainbow
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: What "reunion" would you like to see happen ?   What "reunion" would you like to see happen ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2015 1:18 am

Grim Reaper
Beau Nasty
Pretty Boy Floyd
King Kobra
Possessed
Mercyful Fate
Acid
Guns n Roses
Triumph
Nitro
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: What "reunion" would you like to see happen ?   What "reunion" would you like to see happen ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2015 8:56 am

assault_attack wrote:
Runicen wrote:
I'd still love to see Jim Martin back in Faith No More.  Their music might be interesting to me again with him back in the lineup.

It is weird not having him in the band. I'm not sure what his contribution to the writing process was but his stage presence & guitar playing was always cool!

I always felt like his contribution kept things grounded. For as much as the other guys in the band wanted weird, dischordant, arty stuff in the music, Jim was the guy putting blues licks and meathead metal riffs all over the songs, which gave you something to bang your head to. That, to me anyway, was the anchor that made all the weird stuff much more cool and accessible. I STILL hear stuff in Angel Dust after living with that album for years. It reveals itself in layers, but it's also damn catchy and has some great hooks and riffs to it. Without Martin, the riffing just got stupid (uh oh, guys... we need a heavy track here or the label will get pissed) and the arty stuff just kind of disappeared up its own butt as far as I'm concerned.

Also, think of a track like R.V. and really listen to those guitar parts. I can't think of any other guitarist who would have played that weird almost cocktail jazz/blues stuff, let alone with that tone on a song like that. It's incredible stuff and really adds to the humor of the track while being 100% pleasure to listen to.

And S.D., I'm totally behind the idea of Iommi doing another album with Gillan or Hughes (prefer Hughes on a vocal level at this point, but would definitely give either a chance) once this Ozzy business is put to bed. Hell, I'd just welcome it if the mainstream didn't keep acting like Sabbath needs Ozzy to be Sabbath. It was a going concern for longer without him than with him...
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: What "reunion" would you like to see happen ?   What "reunion" would you like to see happen ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2015 1:26 pm

Runicen wrote:
assault_attack wrote:
Runicen wrote:
I'd still love to see Jim Martin back in Faith No More.  Their music might be interesting to me again with him back in the lineup.

It is weird not having him in the band. I'm not sure what his contribution to the writing process was but his stage presence & guitar playing was always cool!

I always felt like his contribution kept things grounded.  For as much as the other guys in the band wanted weird, dischordant, arty stuff in the music, Jim was the guy putting blues licks and meathead metal riffs all over the songs, which gave you something to bang your head to.  That, to me anyway, was the anchor that made all the weird stuff much more cool and accessible.  I STILL hear stuff in Angel Dust after living with that album for years.  It reveals itself in layers, but it's also damn catchy and has some great hooks and riffs to it.  Without Martin, the riffing just got stupid (uh oh, guys...  we need a heavy track here or the label will get pissed) and the arty stuff just kind of disappeared up its own butt as far as I'm concerned.

Also, think of a track like R.V. and really listen to those guitar parts.  I can't think of any other guitarist who would have played that weird almost cocktail jazz/blues stuff, let alone with that tone on a song like that.  It's incredible stuff and really adds to the humor of the track while being 100% pleasure to listen to.

And S.D., I'm totally behind the idea of Iommi doing another album with Gillan or Hughes (prefer Hughes on a vocal level at this point, but would definitely give either a chance) once this Ozzy business is put to bed.  Hell, I'd just welcome it if the mainstream didn't keep acting like Sabbath needs Ozzy to be Sabbath.  It was a going concern for longer without him than with him...

I once thought the same thing, but surprisingly, Martin contributed very little to the songwriting process.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: What "reunion" would you like to see happen ?   What "reunion" would you like to see happen ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2015 3:19 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I once thought the same thing, but surprisingly, Martin contributed very little to the songwriting process.

We're talking about Jim Martin? I don't see how that can be true. All those parts sound like his style and when he left it left with him.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: What "reunion" would you like to see happen ?   What "reunion" would you like to see happen ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2015 3:59 pm

Blue Murder [phase one] would be cool, too.
Back to top Go down
leafinator
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: What "reunion" would you like to see happen ?   What "reunion" would you like to see happen ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2015 6:24 pm

Pantera with Zakk Wylde? Love that idea!
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: What "reunion" would you like to see happen ?   What "reunion" would you like to see happen ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2015 7:19 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Blue Murder [phase one] would be cool, too.

Good one!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: What "reunion" would you like to see happen ?   What "reunion" would you like to see happen ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2015 8:03 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

We're talking about Jim Martin?  I don't see how that can be true.  All those parts sound like his style and when he left it left with him.

Well, his style and sound definitely came through, but he was never a major contributor to the songwriting. Of the four albums he was featured on, he only solely wrote three songs—"Jim," "Surprise! You're Dead!" and "Jizzlobber"—and contributed to like a dozen others.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: What "reunion" would you like to see happen ?   What "reunion" would you like to see happen ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2015 8:36 pm

I know this one has the proverbial snowball's chance, but, Fifth Angel.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: What "reunion" would you like to see happen ?   What "reunion" would you like to see happen ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 8:31 am

Die Happy
Red Sea
Neon Cross (Five man version with Mitch on guitar too)
Tourniquet (Eric, Gary, Guy, Victor, and Ted)
Emerald headbanger
Bill and Don to do something together again (Final Axe/Titanic)

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: What "reunion" would you like to see happen ?   What "reunion" would you like to see happen ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 9:27 am

James B. wrote:
Die Happy
Red Sea
Neon Cross (Five man version with Mitch on guitar too)
Tourniquet (Eric, Gary, Guy, Victor, and Ted)
Emerald  headbanger
Bill and Don to do something together again (Final Axe/Titanic)

Good choices James! I'd love to see those as well.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: What "reunion" would you like to see happen ?   What "reunion" would you like to see happen ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 3:59 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Well, his style and sound definitely came through, but he was never a major contributor to the songwriting. Of the four albums he was featured on, he only solely wrote three songs—"Jim," "Surprise! You're Dead!" and "Jizzlobber"—and contributed to like a dozen others.  

That just means that he wasn't adequately credited. This new guitarist has no personality at all. Spruance was a respectable replacement but this guy is awful.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: What "reunion" would you like to see happen ?   What "reunion" would you like to see happen ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 6:30 pm

Fear Not
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: What "reunion" would you like to see happen ?   What "reunion" would you like to see happen ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 11:09 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

That just means that he wasn't adequately credited.  This new guitarist has no personality at all.  Spruance was a respectable replacement but this guy is awful.

Maybe so, I don't know. I dug what they did after Martin left, but this new album...ugh. I haven't even bought it yet. I'm sure I will when I see if for $2 or whatever, but the few times I listened to it online just left me completely unimpressed. It sounded like a piss-poor Faith No More imitation.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: What "reunion" would you like to see happen ?   What "reunion" would you like to see happen ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 9:28 am

Eyesore wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

That just means that he wasn't adequately credited.  This new guitarist has no personality at all.  Spruance was a respectable replacement but this guy is awful.

Maybe so, I don't know. I dug what they did after Martin left, but this new album...ugh. I haven't even bought it yet. I'm sure I will when I see if for $2 or whatever, but the few times I listened to it online just left me completely unimpressed. It sounded like a piss-poor Faith No More imitation.

I think "no personality" is pretty much how I would describe ALL of the guitar parts after Jim Martin left, unfortunately. And he may not have been credited as a writer on these songs, but imagine something like Epic without his leads all over them. It wouldn't be bad, but it wouldn't be nearly as good either. Ditto for damn near everything on Angel Dust. Even when he's just in "rhythm guitar" mode and riffing, his style was unmistakable and the new guys have basically been speed metal metronomes - totally uninteresting.

And yeah, with the new album, I bought it at the same time as the reissues of The Real Thing and Angel Dust. Both of the reissues have gotten tons of spins, but I can't get past track 3 of the new FNM. It sounds like another Fantomas record. Fine if I'm after a Fantomas record, but the name on the cover is Faith No More. I was hoping for something more than just another Patton side project based on that.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: What "reunion" would you like to see happen ?   What "reunion" would you like to see happen ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 10:10 am

Another disappointing reunion album eh? Par for the course. Next one coming up .... Metal Church!
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: What "reunion" would you like to see happen ?   What "reunion" would you like to see happen ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 12:23 pm

Galactic Cowboys original line-up.

Space in YOUR face!
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: What "reunion" would you like to see happen ?   What "reunion" would you like to see happen ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2015 10:14 am

Before Death Angel calls it a day, it would be awesome to see both Pepa's back in the lineup and Andy behind the kit. Love the current lineup, but it would be cool to see the original lineup for one last go around whenever that day might be.

I would love to see Jeff "Skunk" Baxter in the Doobie Brothers for one last go around, along with Michael McDonald and bassist Tiran Porter.

If Chicago gets into the R&R Hall of Fame, it would be cool to see a reunion with Peter Cetera for a tour and hopefully an olive branch would be extended to Danny Seraphine on drums.

Being a Journey fan, do I even need to mention who I would like to see back in the band as it pertains to the vocals and the drums?

Back to top Go down
kyleblack
Metal student
Metal student
kyleblack

Number of posts : 159

PostSubject: Re: What "reunion" would you like to see happen ?   What "reunion" would you like to see happen ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 6:48 am

No point in wishing for reunions. I don't want to see The Misfits, Sepultura, Guns N' Roses or Megadeth with certain ex-members etc, etc. There has to be good reasons for why these people haven't wanted anything to do with each other for decades.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What "reunion" would you like to see happen ?   What "reunion" would you like to see happen ? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What "reunion" would you like to see happen ?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next