Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

21st Century Megadeth

Go down 
+29
Glower
MetallicSeminarian
Addy
glassprison
Grimmo
choosemetal
Gilbert
akeldama
Rami Airola
ZombieHavoc
MoonChild
Fat Freddy
Runicen
James B.
Thrasher73
DevZor
the sentinel
metalinmyveins
bgsully
thejokeriv
Required Fields
corplhicks
DakotaRogers
Thelemech
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Witchfinder
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

The best 21st Century Megadeth
The World Needs A Hero (2001)
21st Century Megadeth - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%21st Century Megadeth - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
The System Has Failed (2004)
21st Century Megadeth - Page 2 Vote_lcap30%21st Century Megadeth - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 30% [ 13 ]
United Abominations (2007)
21st Century Megadeth - Page 2 Vote_lcap23%21st Century Megadeth - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 23% [ 10 ]
Endgame (2009)
21st Century Megadeth - Page 2 Vote_lcap33%21st Century Megadeth - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 33% [ 14 ]
Th1rt3en (2011)
21st Century Megadeth - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%21st Century Megadeth - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
Super Collider (2013)
21st Century Megadeth - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%21st Century Megadeth - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 43

AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

21st Century Megadeth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 21st Century Megadeth   21st Century Megadeth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 10:06 pm

United abonimations, because of its excellent opener sleepwalker.

Endgame would come second, followed by the system has failed.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: 21st Century Megadeth   21st Century Megadeth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 10:19 pm

ENDGAME!!!
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: 21st Century Megadeth   21st Century Megadeth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 2:47 am

I went with Endgame.

My rankings:
1. Endgame
2. United Abominations
3. The System Has Failed
4. Thirteen
5. The World Needs A Hero
6. Super Collider
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: 21st Century Megadeth   21st Century Megadeth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 9:48 am

The System has Failed, followed by Endgame.

For comparison purposes:

http://www.heartofmetal.net/t22103-best-of-post-2000-megadeth-albums?highlight=Megadeth

http://www.heartofmetal.net/t14927-modern-megadeth?vote=viewresult
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: 21st Century Megadeth   21st Century Megadeth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2015 8:08 am

ultmetal wrote:
I actually like them all. Went with the System Has Failed, but could have easily gone United Abominations. I know a lot of people hate Th1rt3en because there was some re-tooled songs, but who cares? Those songs are great. "Sudden Death" is a killer and it's about time New World Order was released on a proper Megadeth album.

This is exactly how I feel I love em all I voted System Has Failed but could have easily picked United Abominations or Thirteen or Endgame
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: 21st Century Megadeth   21st Century Megadeth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 6:24 pm

21st Century Megadeth - Page 2 506406 21st Century Megadeth - Page 2 83628

I missed this thread the first time around.

Unfortunately I have had some unexpected bills come up so I haven't purchased Dystopia yet. In anticipation, however, I've been jamming to recent Megadeth.

THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED: Great album that showed me modern Megadeth could still kick my booty. While there are a few tracks that feel like filler to me there are none that I actively dislike. I especially like Blackmail the Universe, Die Dead Enough, Kick the Chair, The Scorpion, and Truth Be Told.

UNITED ABOMINATIONS: Got this as a gift when it came out and it floored me. I've probably listened to it significantly more than the other 2000s Megadeth. While I'm not big on Amerikhastan, I like the other songs. I do think the first half of the album is overall stronger than the second half but I never feel compelled to stop listening before the end. I especially love the first 6 tracks.

ENDGAME: This one had to grow on me more than the previous two. However, more listens have uncovered more hooks than I thought were there when I first heard it. It's definitely a riff and shred-fest and I quite enjoy it. 44 Minutes and Headcrusher are my two favorites.

TH1RT3EN: While I enjoy Endgame as a riff and shred-fest, I enjoy this album for the strong hooks in many of the songs. I do wish Dave's voice was lower in the mix, though. I especially like the first few tracks and Black Swan (the latter is one of my very favorites from their whole catalog).

SUPER COLLIDER: I actually enjoy this one, although I do think it's a step down from what came before it, not because it's not as heavy but because the songwriting is a bit spottier. I really like Kingmaker (sounded good when I saw them live on the album's tour), the title track (I might be the only person that actually likes that song!), and Built for War.

I don't have The World Needs a Hero.

I voted for UA. I've returned to it the most out of these releases and while releases like Endgame might be a bit more consistent throughout I find UA at its best is the best of the recent releases.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: 21st Century Megadeth   21st Century Megadeth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2019 5:10 am

Back to top Go down
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

Number of posts : 442

PostSubject: Re: 21st Century Megadeth   21st Century Megadeth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2019 2:48 pm

Most of these albums I still need to listen , but "The World Needs a Hero" and "The System Has Failed" are both fantastic and "criminally underrated" albums .
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: 21st Century Megadeth   21st Century Megadeth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2019 6:34 pm

I missed this the first time so TSHF followed close by UA. Like 'em all though.
Back to top Go down
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

Number of posts : 442

PostSubject: Re: 21st Century Megadeth   21st Century Megadeth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2019 5:05 pm

A trivia about The System Has Failed is that it was originally intended to be a "Solo Project" by Dave Mustaine , but I think most here know about this ...
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: 21st Century Megadeth   21st Century Megadeth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2021 10:10 am

I just bought Endgame CD.
I have listened to it three or four times now.
Fantastic. Explosive. Gritty. The whole nine yards.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: 21st Century Megadeth   21st Century Megadeth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2021 10:54 am

Glower wrote:

yep. Its my favorite of the modern era but TSHF is a pretty close second, but very different record.

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: 21st Century Megadeth   21st Century Megadeth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2021 11:37 am

Glower wrote:

Need to give it a fresh spin. I remember it being very good.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: 21st Century Megadeth   21st Century Megadeth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2021 2:23 pm

Endgame is one heck of a good album!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 21st Century Megadeth   21st Century Megadeth - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

21st Century Megadeth
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2