Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

best metal cd of the 21st century

Go down 
+11
MetalRob331
DeathCult
steel warrior
mc666
Lurideath
sam
Troublezone
INVADERS
DallasBlack
stevegarveyfan
fingers
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

best metal cd of the 21st century Empty
PostSubject: best metal cd of the 21st century   best metal cd of the 21st century Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 6:37 am

Its clearly got to be killbox 13 by overkill I mean that cd puts the heavy in heavy metal and has phenemenal riffage that is highly memorable and overkill the band itself has never messed up I mean all their albums rule ok some of you may think that I hear black is a crap album but it aint its their most underrated album. In my opinion I think they are one of those few bands that get better and better all the time and heavier and heavier sure their under the influence era was good as well but doesn't hold a candle to killbox 13 They have been true to themselves and derserve the amount of respect bands like Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Dio and Slayer have
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: best metal cd of the 21st century   best metal cd of the 21st century Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 9:11 pm

It's very important that you remember to punctuate. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: best metal cd of the 21st century   best metal cd of the 21st century Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 2:48 am

I'll get back to you in the year 3,000 with an answer. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: best metal cd of the 21st century   best metal cd of the 21st century Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 8:03 am

Killbox 13 is an awesome album.
couldn't really say whats the best album. too many to mention.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: best metal cd of the 21st century   best metal cd of the 21st century Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 8:30 am

Quote :
their under the influence era was good as well but doesn't hold a candle to killbox 13

Overkill with Bobby Gustafson is best.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: best metal cd of the 21st century   best metal cd of the 21st century Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 10:15 am

Bobby was awesome, but i prefer them with Dave Linsk.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: best metal cd of the 21st century   best metal cd of the 21st century Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 12:01 pm

Well, so far:

Hirax - New Age of Terror
Municipal Waste - Art of Partying
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: best metal cd of the 21st century   best metal cd of the 21st century Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 12:17 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Well, so far:

Hirax - New Age of Terror
Municipal Waste - Art of Partying

Tha art of partying kicks major ass

We don't need their laws together we destroy
And I won't let them ruin the one thing I enjoy
Tonight's the night we finally get to rip this place apart
And this is how we turn your boring party into art

It doesn't get much better then that
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: best metal cd of the 21st century   best metal cd of the 21st century Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 4:27 pm

I'm amazed that since so many are sucking up to this new Metallica that it isn't mentioned. I don't like it, but its just an observation.

The best CD of the 21st century hasn't been recorded yet in my opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: best metal cd of the 21st century   best metal cd of the 21st century Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 4:31 pm

Best? I dunno but I play Communic an awful lot.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: best metal cd of the 21st century   best metal cd of the 21st century Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 12:55 am

i'll let you know my pick when the 21st century is over.

fave Overkill is WFO though.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: best metal cd of the 21st century   best metal cd of the 21st century Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 1:54 am

sam wrote:
Tha art of partying kicks major ass

I'll drink to that. You gotta love an album that has almost twice the # of songs as a normal album at half the length. headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: best metal cd of the 21st century   best metal cd of the 21st century Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 6:47 pm

It took me awhile to think about this one, but I've decided on:

best metal cd of the 21st century G70924evw40

Over 20 years into their career C.O.C. unleashed their best album ever in 2005. The addition of jazz/funk drummer Stanton Moore helped push the record over the top, adding a much needed "Bill Ward infusion" to the proceedings and helping them create one of the heaviest albums since Volume 4.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: best metal cd of the 21st century   best metal cd of the 21st century Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 6:50 pm

detuned wrote:

Over 20 years into their career C.O.C. unleashed their best album ever in 2005. The addition of jazz/funk drummer Stanton Moore helped push the record over the top, adding a much needed "Bill Ward infusion" to the proceedings and helping them create one of the heaviest albums since Volume 4.
that is a great album, although i wouldn't go that far. it's my favorite COC album now though.

steel warrior
Metal student
Metal student
steel warrior

Number of posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: best metal cd of the 21st century   best metal cd of the 21st century Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 7:10 pm

troublezone wrote:
Quote :
their under the influence era was good as well but doesn't hold a candle to killbox 13

Overkill with Bobby Gustafson is best.

yeah, I found post-Killing Kind Overkill mediocre at best
Back to top Go down
steel warrior
Metal student
Metal student
steel warrior

Number of posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: best metal cd of the 21st century   best metal cd of the 21st century Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 7:14 pm

as for best album of this century so far:

Reverend Bizarre - In The Rectory Of The Bizarre Reverend
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: best metal cd of the 21st century   best metal cd of the 21st century Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 8:10 pm

So far, Im digging Toxic Holocaust's material the best.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: best metal cd of the 21st century   best metal cd of the 21st century Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 8:25 pm

detuned wrote:

I def prefer Reed Mullin's drumming over Stantons. Reed just had those memorable drums lines. As for my favorite album of the 21st century there are a few that come to mind.

Alter Bridge - Blackbird
Pagan's Mind - Enigmatic Calling
Nocturnal Rites - Grand Illusion
Nevermore - Dead Heart in a Dead World

and more later...
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: best metal cd of the 21st century   best metal cd of the 21st century Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 8:59 pm

Lurideath wrote:

The best CD of the 21st century hasn't been recorded yet in my opinion.

I Have to agree with Lurideath
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: best metal cd of the 21st century   best metal cd of the 21st century Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 9:02 pm

I know there are plenty of Phil haters here, But my vote goes for the 3 Down albums, I dont think any one is any better than the other, they are all great. I also agree with Detuned, ITAOG is awesome. Stanton Moore is in a jazz band called Galactic, which is also great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: best metal cd of the 21st century   best metal cd of the 21st century Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 10:20 pm

Stanton's presence is one of the main reasons I love that album so much. All the drum tracks were recorded in 2 days at Stanton's home studio in New Orleans. The goal was to be as spontaneous as possible (as close to a jazz vibe as they could get), according to an interview with Woody, about half of the drum tracks were the first take...and the song was recorded straight through, no edits on the drums tracks anywhere on the album.

This is not the normal method for rock recording these days, however it's been the norm for jazz recording since the beginning.
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: best metal cd of the 21st century   best metal cd of the 21st century Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 10:32 pm

Stanton is a bad man, no doubt. I met him after a Galactic show in N.O. once, nice dude indeed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: best metal cd of the 21st century   best metal cd of the 21st century Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 10:35 pm

The 3 new songs on "The Dio Years" destroy all in thier path...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: best metal cd of the 21st century   best metal cd of the 21st century Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 10:36 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Except "Ear In The Wall" has some of the dumbest lyrics Dio has ever written...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: best metal cd of the 21st century   best metal cd of the 21st century Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 10:37 pm

detuned wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Except "Ear In The Wall" has some of the dumbest lyrics Dio has ever written...

Blasphemer...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: best metal cd of the 21st century   best metal cd of the 21st century Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

best metal cd of the 21st century
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: