Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ritchie's Rock Comeback

Go down 
+15
metalinmyveins
muckie
Runicen
corplhicks
thejokeriv
ultmetal
nevermore
the sentinel
Lari
manny
tohostudios
chewie
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
Boris2008
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Ritchie's Rock Comeback - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 6:49 pm

muckie wrote:
Obviously, not big enough to fill an entire stadium, as most western artists and their mindless dreck tends to be in Japanese standards. Even Lady Gaga, U2 and Maroon 5, who tend to be among Japan's favorite active western artists, cannot succeed at filling Yokohama or NHK Stadium with enough people like AKB48 or some pedo-bait singers can.

In the end, Japan is as guilty of perpetrating smut pop just in a different way. Still, if Blackmore was significant at all, I would have seen him at some point on Vegas billboards. But at the same time, we get a lot of B-rank campy artists here so that surprises me even more.

Wow.  I sure hope this is satire.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 6:58 pm

There is nothing I could type that would be as funny as muckie's reply.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 7:00 pm

Yeah, satire/parody doesn't always convey well on the internet. 

Pretty funny if that's what it is; pretty sad if it isn't.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 7:18 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Runicen wrote:
Maybe I'm the odd man out on this one, but it's always seemed like Blackmore was...  well, kind of a prick to work with.  I mean, when you manage to alienate people like Gillan, Coverdale and Dio - especially when Coverdale in particular has nothing but kind things to say publicly, it says something.

I don't believe you're the odd duck here. He's a well-known prick to work with. Just another reason Yngwie looks up to him. Razz

Awesome! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 7:28 pm

I am probably wrong on this but I never got the sense that RB didn't want to play electric guitar anymore; just that he didn't want to be around/ associated with anyone from Purple or Rainbow or players from contemporaries like Led Zep, Sabbath, or Whitesnake. Maybe those guys didn't want to be around him anymore and that's why he did something completely different that no one from the hard rock/ heavy metal bands from the 70's would even remotely be interested in? It's possible that he didn't want anymore comparisons to his previous bands so that's why he plays Folk style music. It's been like 30 something years since Mustaine got booted from Metallica and people still compare them to this day.
Back to top Go down
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 7:43 pm

He doesn't want comparisons to other bands that he knows he has no talent to live up to. And honestly, I'm surprised he can play ANYTHING. The guy takes f*cking forever to start a concert. I had the displeasure of looking up his stuff on Youtube and turned it off because the clip I saw, which was of course live, was just people screaming before anything happened. If he takes that long to get it going, it isn't worth listening to, so I stopped before he began to play. Even Twisted Sister and Winger did not F*ck around like that. Makes me glad that I had never heard of this guy. Now I know why.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 7:51 pm

Laughing very hard lol!
Yeah, he's like that Hendrix character!  Another overrated hack. WTF???

Last edited by tohostudios on Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 7:52 pm

Don't go to see a Guns n' Roses concert then, you'll have a milestone birthday by the time Axl makes his way to the stage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 8:17 pm

Okay, this thread fell down a major hole of stupid.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 8:26 pm

Or clever satire.  I'm not sure which.

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 8:28 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Or clever satire.  I'm not sure which.

I'm there with ya.....  surprised
Back to top Go down
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 9:50 pm

I'm joking guys.

I hope you had a good time. Laughing
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 10:34 pm

muckie wrote:
I'm joking guys.

We'll let Eyesore determine that...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 10:47 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
muckie wrote:
I'm joking guys.

We'll let Eyesore determine that...

Laughing very hardLaughing very hardLaughing very hard

\'arry \'eadbanger\'arry \'eadbanger\'arry \'eadbanger

Consulting "The Oracle"...

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2015 7:58 am

muckie wrote:
I'm joking guys.

From what I know of you so far on this board, you seemed too musically well versed to not know who he is. It's all good.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2015 8:49 am

muckie wrote:
I'm joking guys.

I think muckie may be in the running for being the board's Stephen Wright. There is no way anyone else could have played it that straight for that long. lol!
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2015 4:06 pm

Runicen wrote:
muckie wrote:
I'm joking guys.

I think muckie may be in the running for being the board's Stephen Wright.  There is no way anyone else could have played it that straight for that long.  lol!

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2015 5:38 pm

the sentinel wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Runicen wrote:
Maybe I'm the odd man out on this one, but it's always seemed like Blackmore was...  well, kind of a prick to work with.  I mean, when you manage to alienate people like Gillan, Coverdale and Dio - especially when Coverdale in particular has nothing but kind things to say publicly, it says something.

I don't believe you're the odd duck here. He's a well-known prick to work with. Just another reason Yngwie looks up to him. Razz

Awesome! Laughing very hard

Thing is Gillan, Dio & Coverdale also have reputations for falling out with those they work with as well!
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 8:33 am

Boris2008 wrote:
Thing is Gillan, Dio & Coverdale also have reputations for falling out with those they work with as well!

True, but usually the complaint is that they make their decisions from a business perspective first (Gillan dismissing bands, Coverdale... dismissing bands, etc.) rather than, "I couldn't stand to be in the studio with that guy. Not sure about Dio on that front.
Back to top Go down
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 1:18 pm

Guess who's on the front of this month's BURRN (japanese HR/HM magazine):

Ritchie's Rock Comeback - Page 2 S-l1600

Laughing
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2015 2:52 pm

Ritchie's Rock Comeback - Page 2 12187804_10153540369930020_8853541624970976213_n
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2015 3:20 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Ritchie's Rock Comeback - Page 2 12187804_10153540369930020_8853541624970976213_n

Hmm, I'm tempted but that venue has the crappiest acoustics and atmosphere  I have ever heard and I've given up hope of ever seeing a great gig there (and I've been a lot of times over the years!)
Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2015 3:21 pm

I cringe at Blackmore's Night stuff. But I would pay a BUTTLOAD to see him plug in and do Rainbow again! No chance he is coming to the states, is there?
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2015 3:24 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
I cringe at Blackmore's Night stuff.  But I would pay a BUTTLOAD to see him plug in and do Rainbow again!  No chance he is coming to the states, is there?

Looks like it's a one-off session, sadly. Maybe Boris2000 can score us some tickets. And plane tickets. And a place to stay. And food...Wink
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2015 4:12 pm

Don't forget blow and hookers!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ritchie's Rock Comeback   Ritchie's Rock Comeback - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ritchie's Rock Comeback
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next