Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's the more inferior Anthrax album?

Go down 
+18
MoonChild
Eyesore
thejokeriv
ZombieHavoc
Thrasher73
Thelemech
DakotaRogers
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
nevermore
Temple of Blood
Witchfinder
journeyman
Gilbert
the sentinel
metalinmyveins
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

State of Euphoria (1988)
What's the more inferior Anthrax album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap16%What's the more inferior Anthrax album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 16% [ 5 ]
Stomp 442 (1995)
What's the more inferior Anthrax album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap84%What's the more inferior Anthrax album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 84% [ 26 ]
Total Votes : 31

AuthorMessage
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

What's the more inferior Anthrax album? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the more inferior Anthrax album?   What's the more inferior Anthrax album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2015 5:51 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:

Great songs: Only ~ Potter's Field ~ Room For One More
Good songs: Packaged Rebellion ~ Hy Pro Glo
Decent songs: Black Lodge ~ 1000 Points of Hate

So, your answer would be yes. In Scott Ian's book, James Hetfield was quoted as saying "Only" was a perfect song.

I've been on a big Anthrax kick lately, and for awhile now it's been down between this one and Worship Music. Really digging the production, melody, and the overall atmosphere of SoWN.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: What's the more inferior Anthrax album?   What's the more inferior Anthrax album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 1:00 pm

Add This Is Not An Exit to the great songs list.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: What's the more inferior Anthrax album?   What's the more inferior Anthrax album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 6:11 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:
Speaking of supposedly inferior Anthrax albums, if the rest of the songs from Sound of White Noise are as good as this one, I know what I'm picking up next week.

That and room for one more are the only great bush Era songs.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: What's the more inferior Anthrax album?   What's the more inferior Anthrax album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2015 3:01 pm

They're both okay, but honestly I'm not much of an Anthrax fan even though thrash is my default genre if anything.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What's the more inferior Anthrax album?   What's the more inferior Anthrax album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 10:43 am

I'm listening to Stomp as I type this and I honestly don't get all the criticism. Sounds good to me. 'Random Acts', 'Fueled', 'In A Zone', all great tunes. I don't hear any nu-metal at all. Not much Pantera-groove-metal either for that matter.

As for State of Euphoria, that album was really my introduction to the band so it's got some great memories attached to it and has been a long-time favorite of mine. I was surprised to read Scott Ian's such harsh criticism of it in his book. Any album following Among the Living would've been tough to beat, but SoE does a fine job as far as I'm concerned.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: What's the more inferior Anthrax album?   What's the more inferior Anthrax album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 11:46 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'm listening to Stomp as I type this and I honestly don't get all the criticism. Sounds good to me. 'Random Acts', 'Fueled', 'In A Zone', all great tunes. I don't hear any nu-metal at all. Not much Pantera-groove-metal either for that matter.

As for State of Euphoria, that album was really my introduction to the band so it's got some great memories attached to it and has been a long-time favorite of mine. I was surprised to read Scott Ian's such harsh criticism of it in his book. Any album following Among the Living would've been tough to beat, but SoE does a fine job as far as I'm concerned.

For myself, "State of Euphoria" feels rushed, just like Testament's "Souls of Black". Both bands will tell you those albums could have been so much better, but were rushed and it had to due with wanting to be on a certain tour. Scott and Anthrax wanted so desperately to tour with Maiden that summer of '88 in Europe and Testament was slated as part of the European "Thrash of the Titans" tour in 1990.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: What's the more inferior Anthrax album?   What's the more inferior Anthrax album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 5:00 pm

State of Euphoria.... bought it new back in the day and after the previous releases this one left me beyond flat...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: What's the more inferior Anthrax album?   What's the more inferior Anthrax album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2015 10:50 pm

Fistful of Metal the weakest out of the big 4 debut albums
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: What's the more inferior Anthrax album?   What's the more inferior Anthrax album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 6:44 am

fingers wrote:

It might be, but it's still much better than the other two listed for the poll!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: What's the more inferior Anthrax album?   What's the more inferior Anthrax album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 3:58 pm

fingers wrote:

Yes, by far ... but it's still one of their best albums!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's the more inferior Anthrax album?   What's the more inferior Anthrax album? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2