Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal songs that tried to be beautiful and moving but were actually not?

Go down 
+13
stormspell
assault_attack
the sentinel
MetalGuy71
Runicen
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Witchfinder
corplhicks
Temple of Blood
Vexer6
TheGreatDuck
Boris2008
muckie
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Metal songs that tried to be beautiful and moving but were actually not? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal songs that tried to be beautiful and moving but were actually not?   Metal songs that tried to be beautiful and moving but were actually not? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 2:34 pm

Silent Lucidity is very much in the Pink Floyd worship school. It's not nearly up to that level, but it's a nice attempt. I always liked the song but I got really burned out on it from being overplayed. That song is Chris DeGarmo's baby, so I guess he's the one to blame if you hate it.

Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

Metal songs that tried to be beautiful and moving but were actually not? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal songs that tried to be beautiful and moving but were actually not?   Metal songs that tried to be beautiful and moving but were actually not? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 3:05 pm

S.D. wrote:
That song is Chris DeGarmo's baby, so I guess he's the one to blame if you hate it.

In that case, I'm gonna give him a stern talking-to later.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Metal songs that tried to be beautiful and moving but were actually not?   Metal songs that tried to be beautiful and moving but were actually not? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 3:09 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
That has nothing to do really with your post Dakota. Just a random memory related to that song.

It's all good. My girlfriend has a social media account under the name Silent Lucidity. When I played Operation: Mindcrime in the car, she asked inquisitively what it was we were listening to. Apparently she hadn't even heard of Queensrÿche at all, which was strange.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal songs that tried to be beautiful and moving but were actually not?   Metal songs that tried to be beautiful and moving but were actually not? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 3:21 pm

Look at all the people out there that thought Extreme was an acoustic band that only released More Than Words and Hole Hearted.

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Metal songs that tried to be beautiful and moving but were actually not?   Metal songs that tried to be beautiful and moving but were actually not? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 3:28 pm

The main guitar riff and changes are really nice. Lyrics are not bad but a little corny and don't speak to me personally. Worst part of the song is that ominous voice over about dream control. But it's by no means a bad song.

Not as moving as "I Will Remember", which should've been a hit for them in a perfect world.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Metal songs that tried to be beautiful and moving but were actually not?   Metal songs that tried to be beautiful and moving but were actually not? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 9:00 pm

S.D. wrote:
Look at all the people out there that thought Extreme was an acoustic band that only released More Than Words and Hole Hearted.  

I have to smile to myself when "More than Words" comes on at wedding or a reunion and all the girls gush over its beauty. Ha. If they only knew what it was really about.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Metal songs that tried to be beautiful and moving but were actually not?   Metal songs that tried to be beautiful and moving but were actually not? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 11:11 am

Most 80's metal bands - have at least one song per release.
" Paitence " by GNR.
I remember this one guy - at a somewhat tough bar - say 10 - 11pm - Saturday night -
Place is happening - noisy/rowdy - good keriokee - yup - some guy starts singing " Patience ".
People were ready to KILL that %$#@&* -
and he began to sense this and began to sing each word more serious and determined -
~I've been walking the street at night, just trying to get it right ~....etc...etc.....
Back to top Go down
John Madden
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
John Madden

Number of posts : 279

PostSubject: Re: Metal songs that tried to be beautiful and moving but were actually not?   Metal songs that tried to be beautiful and moving but were actually not? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2015 7:32 am

stormspell wrote:
muckie wrote:
Winger, "Rainbow in the Rose" (disgusting power ballad that supposedly took four years to write)

If you remove the last two minutes of Reb's pointless wankery, it becomes a very decent tune. But on a whole In the Heart of the Young is very lukewarm and overrated album, to that I'd agree.
Funny you say that, as I love parts of that album, especially "Easy Come Easy Go",
"Rainbow in the Rose" and my favorite "In the Day We'll Never See" I remember hearing it when it first came out, it almost sounded like the end of the Glam era right there, I could almost sense it. Parts of it sound almost melancholy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal songs that tried to be beautiful and moving but were actually not?   Metal songs that tried to be beautiful and moving but were actually not? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal songs that tried to be beautiful and moving but were actually not?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2