Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stay Metal!

Go down 
+14
Fat Freddy
Gilbert
DallasBlack
Thrasher73
Stender
the sentinel
Rex
Witchfinder
Thelemech
Boris2008
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Stay Metal! Empty
PostSubject: Stay Metal!   Stay Metal! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2015 8:49 pm

Yes - we have all aged. We have gone down a thousand paths. But you 45yr olds? Do you remember Metal Health? You 35yr olds - Do you remember Cowboys from hell? You 20yr olds - do You remember all that we have taught you to love through your older brothers/uncles, etc or have found a new wave of what I grew up on? I have Bob Marley tattooed on my arm [as well as a bunch of other meaningful shit], but I am a metalhead at heart and through and through. If mc666 was still here, he would tell you that metal is NOT a lifestyle. It is NOT a way of life. I ain't as intelligent as some posters here. Yes, I dig other music, but I have not turned my back on metal. I am a proud metalhead at 46, and I still get in the pit with the youngsters. Metal IS a way of life. And I have seen plenty of people in my age group at shows that prove my point.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Stay Metal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stay Metal!   Stay Metal! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2015 8:57 pm

I recently started receiving junk mail from AARP but I currently have no plans to give up my heavy metal.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Stay Metal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stay Metal!   Stay Metal! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2015 9:20 pm

I've never considered myself a metalhead but I gather from the original post that you are concerned that people start listening to mellower music as they get older.

Fear not. I'm a lot older than most members here and I can tell you that not only do I still listen to the same hard/heavy music I did 20+ years ago, but my tastes have gotten weirder.

I don't think age really has anything to do with the type of music you listen to. If anything, I find the older I get the more I am open to more musical styles then I would have been in my younger days. But I'll never stop listening to "hard music". Give me an AC/DC clone band when I'm in The Home 20 or so years from now and I'll still give the toothless, drooling version of the grin I give now and gave 20 years ago.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Stay Metal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stay Metal!   Stay Metal! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2015 9:25 pm

I still see myself as an ageing punk (who digs a lot of metal)

Probably sums it up
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

Stay Metal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stay Metal!   Stay Metal! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2015 9:28 pm

I have been a Metalhead for more than 30 years through thick and thin!! Although I do not dress the part excluding the occasional band shirt and some pins on my backpack, I am a banger. I listen to all styles of music and I love Classical - but my tastes in Heavy Metal have broadened and have gotten heavier. Nothing makes me feel like a great Metal song or album. Our music is surely unique in many great ways.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Stay Metal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stay Metal!   Stay Metal! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2015 9:36 pm

Toho - We have been bros for a decade. You know what I am saying. Alot of the "elders" on this board the we have fertilized since 2002 don't even post in the metal board any more. and when they do, they bring up obscure jazz references. Toho - start a thread on Dogs D'Amour or Hanoi Rocks. I want to be involved with this board again. I miss the old daze.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

Stay Metal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stay Metal!   Stay Metal! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2015 9:40 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Toho - We have been bros for a decade.  You know what I am saying.  Alot of the "elders" on this board the we have fertilized since 2002 don't even post in the metal board any more.  and when they do, they bring up obscure jazz references.  Toho - start a thread on Dogs D'Amour or Hanoi Rocks.  I want to be involved with this board again.  I miss the old daze.

One issue might be that some former members have moved on to other forms of social media. Sadly, message boards are a dying breed.

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

Stay Metal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stay Metal!   Stay Metal! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2015 10:07 pm

That or ...what else can be said about the old stuff that hasn't been said hundred times over already?
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Stay Metal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stay Metal!   Stay Metal! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2015 10:29 pm

I just got home from my second 15 hour shift in the last three days (as I am sure a lot of you have too) and after I kissed my wife and showered I came down to the Sentinel's lair and HoM and started cranking Impellitteri! "I'm a Warrior" Very Happy I am Invincible when the music plays.
Back to top Go down

Stay Metal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stay Metal!   Stay Metal! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2015 11:11 pm

When I first joined this board back in 2008 I was just starting to get back into metal after taking an extended break from it.  So for a few years everything sounded fresh again and it was fun going back and revisiting albums I hadn't listened to for a decade and discussing them here.  But eventually that nostalgic period was satiated and the most common things had been discussed and I resumed my exploration of other forms of music.  

I still love Metal, but it's just one of many styles that capture my attention.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Stay Metal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stay Metal!   Stay Metal! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2015 11:29 pm

When I first joined this board I was 17 years old and just needed to listen to DRI. Now I'm 25 and I still just need to listen to DRI..
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Stay Metal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stay Metal!   Stay Metal! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2015 1:44 am

Rex wrote:
That or ...what else can be said about the old stuff that hasn't been said hundred times over already?

This! I feel like a lot of the stuff we've talked to death. I rarely start a new topic anymore because either there's one already dying a slow death in the RIP section or that no one will care what new stuff that I've discovered.
I miss the old days too Unc, it was new and fresh to me. I was buying CDs like Eyesore still does. Haha! Anyway, I know what you're feeling.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Stay Metal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stay Metal!   Stay Metal! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2015 2:37 am

Metal for life man, metal for life! I still wave my metal flag and I wave it proud!

Stay Metal! Ptdc0010
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Stay Metal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stay Metal!   Stay Metal! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2015 9:01 am

Metal is forever. I have been on this board for over 6 years now and my musical taste never changed. On the contrary this board has developped my love for metal even more.

metal is 99% of what I listen to.

Metal for life.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

Stay Metal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stay Metal!   Stay Metal! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2015 12:22 pm

This sums it up for me !

I listen to other stuff but metal is #1 always.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Stay Metal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stay Metal!   Stay Metal! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 10:29 am

I spent the better part of Saturday in the blazing heat on a soccer field watching my daughter in a 3-game tournament. Among the crowd of weekend-dads and soccer-moms, I do believe I was the only one in a Motorhead t-shirt.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Stay Metal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stay Metal!   Stay Metal! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 10:50 am

Metal fo'life, fool! Straight outta Jersey!!  headbanger

but seriously, folks... I turned 45 this year and I've bought more CDs thus far in 2015 than I have in the past couple of years put together. (...please don't tell my wife...)
Not every one of'em has been metal cuz I have been known to go "off the reservation" every now and again but probably around 95% of the pile is metal or hard rock.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Stay Metal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stay Metal!   Stay Metal! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 11:08 am

I am so metal.....my poop never floats and you can pick it up with a magnet

I am so metal....I can head-bang to Poison, while reading a book about Aerosmith, while wearing a UFO t shirt, while sitting on a chair in my den beneath a Zeppelin poster on the wall.

I am so metal...I spray WD-40 on my nuts before showering so they do not rust.

I am so metal...I can make a brass pipe in wood shop.

I am so metal...My picture is used in the dictionary as a description of what "metal" is.

I am so metal...I married an Iron Maiden at the Metal Church and we went on our honeymoon to Wacken Open Air.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Stay Metal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stay Metal!   Stay Metal! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 11:47 am

I've never waved a flag. I'm just a music fan.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Stay Metal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stay Metal!   Stay Metal! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 11:49 am

Eyesore wrote:
I've never waved a flag. I'm just a music fan.

Pfft. Poser.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

Stay Metal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stay Metal!   Stay Metal! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2015 1:55 pm

It seemed like magically on my 30th birthday, Bob Dylan suddenly became way more interesting than he ever had before. Heh. My tastes have definitely mellowed out as I've aged. Or at least, the mellow stuff mingles well with the less mellow stuff.

I don't think there will ever be a point where I don't include metal in the list of genres I like, but the amount I listen to is constantly decreasing.

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Stay Metal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stay Metal!   Stay Metal! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2015 1:04 am

I wave shit. Embrace all quality music that escapes the vacuum of mediocrity whether mellow or heavy. Sincerity is the singularity that captivates my character.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Stay Metal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stay Metal!   Stay Metal! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2015 2:01 am

corplhicks wrote:
I wave shit.

This made me laugh out loud. Literally!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Stay Metal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stay Metal!   Stay Metal! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2015 3:19 am

corplhicks wrote:
I wave shit. Embrace all quality music that escapes the vacuum of mediocrity whether mellow or heavy. Sincerity is the singularity that captivates my character.

I do, but metal was my first true musical passion. Plus I love the metal look.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Stay Metal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stay Metal!   Stay Metal! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2015 7:57 am

corplhicks wrote:

I agree. I'm not sure that I'd go as far as waving shit but I definitely agree!  lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stay Metal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stay Metal!   Stay Metal! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stay Metal!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next