Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

XM Radio... Should It Stay It Or Should Go?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

XM Radio... Should It Stay It Or Should Go? Empty
PostSubject: XM Radio... Should It Stay It Or Should Go?   XM Radio... Should It Stay It Or Should Go? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2007 11:13 am

I type this with a heavy heart... I am considering leaving the land of XM. It is becoming a luxury I am not sure I can afford much longer. I'm stuck in the future in-laws' house and we're trying to save up for a summer move and find a townhouse (we'd rather not go back to an apartment).

After whatever BS fees and taxes they add on, it comes out to about $20/month, and they apparently bill you every other month at $40 or so. The 80s hard rock/metal station, The Boneyard, is great and is the only reason I keep the channel around, but that $20 a month can add up and go towards something else that's needed...

Does anyone else use XM?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: XM Radio... Should It Stay It Or Should Go?   XM Radio... Should It Stay It Or Should Go? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2007 12:26 pm

I love XM. Gave it to my husband for his birthday last September, he left for Iraq (where XM is not available) in October, and the kids and I have been using it ever since. We paid for a year at a time instead of a month and may have saved some money that way. I love the Boneyard and catch the One-Hit-Wonder station sometimes for a blast from the past. I listen to it at work a lot and will definitely make sure the next vehicle I buy is equipped with an XM Radio.
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: XM Radio... Should It Stay It Or Should Go?   XM Radio... Should It Stay It Or Should Go? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2007 1:38 pm

I love XM. I've got it in both vehicles & the motorcycle. Boneyard, XMLM, the bluegrass station & Fox News are about all I listen to, but we dont have a good land station around here at all.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: XM Radio... Should It Stay It Or Should Go?   XM Radio... Should It Stay It Or Should Go? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2007 2:29 pm

Yeah, I originally paid for the full year (this is my 2nd year using it), but I was ripped off because the when I activated it, the lady said I *HAD* to sign up for at least one year and that I *HAD* to pay it all at once. I'm sure she was just trying to make a quota, because I found out later on from someone who used to have it that you *can* pay per month. That was always my assumption in the first place and I point blank asked the lady if I could be billed monthly and she said no. This year, because I didn't have the money to pay it all upfront, I made sure I got the monthly (or apparently bi-monthly) billing.

Anyway... I only have it in the car. Whatever cheapy Roady thing they have, it was only $30 or $40. Plus I listen to it online as well, although they don't have all the channels for some reason, but they do carry most of them. I'm probably going to end up cancelling, but once I get things situated with a new place to live, I plan on reactivating it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: XM Radio... Should It Stay It Or Should Go?   XM Radio... Should It Stay It Or Should Go? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

XM Radio... Should It Stay It Or Should Go?
Page 1 of 1