Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stay Hungry reissue details

Go down 
+6
kmorg
the sentinel
XYZ
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Stay Hungry reissue details Empty
PostSubject: Stay Hungry reissue details   Stay Hungry reissue details Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 9:19 pm

I'll be getting this since i like the original better than the remake they did and all the unreleased songs are a plus too.
TWISTED SISTER has set a June 23 release date for the 25th-anniversary reissue of "Stay Hungry" featuring loads of bonus material, including one brand new track, "30", that the band recently recorded.

The package includes:

* "Stay Hungry" remastered
* Ten never-before-heard songs originally demoed for "Stay Hungry"
* Five early demos of songs from "Stay Hungry"
* One brand new song
* One rare radio spot using "SMF" as the music bed

"Stay Hungry" bonus tracks:

* "Death From Above"
* "Prime Motivator"
* "Were Not Gonna Take It"
* "Death Run"
* "This One's For You"
* "SMF"
* "We're Coming On"
* "Call My Name"
* "Burn In Hell"
* "Pay The Price"
* "What's Love Without You"
* "Our Voice Will Be Heard"
* "You've Got To Fight"
* "The Price"
* "Stay Hungry"
* "30"

TWISTED SISTER guitarist Jay Jay French commented: "A couple of years ago, while playing to 80,000 fans in Quebec after not playing there since 1984, it struck me just how important our album 'Stay Hungry' had become. It broke sales records in 8 countries and the videos made us international stars. Canada especially had gone crazy for the album and bought it at a much greater proportional rate against U.S. sales then any album in recent memory.

"We had just released our re-recorded version of it called 'Still Hungry'. While talking to our fans in Canada, it struck me how many still preferred the original 'Stay Hungry'. Maybe, as band members, we were just too close to the whole thing. Maybe we just weren't seeing it and, more importantly, hearing it through the eyes of the fans who had spent the last 23 years with their ears tuned in to the sound of the original record. I knew that in two years a milestone was approaching. In May of 2009, the 25th anniversary of 'Stay Hungry' would arrive. I started to think of a way to recognize and celebrate the music and the times which had become so important to the lives of not only our millions of fans around the world, but also to acknowledge the importance and relevance of all of the music created by the hard rock bands of that period. What became obvious to me was that just re-mastering the original record was not a reason to re-release it. The only way this could be 'special' was to locate any material that was recorded by us at the time and never released so as to make a truly great two-disc package.

"Much to the band's surprise, Atlantic/Rhino discovered a series of cassettes that comprised almost a whole extra albums worth of material. This original music was part of the 'demo' process used in making 'Stay Hungry'. These tapes were recorded in December 1983 at Nino's studios in Baldwin, Long Island along with all the songs that wound up on the finished album. I completely forgot that these tapes ever existed. The band barely remembered these songs ever being recorded. Most of the songs, upon fresh listening, are shockingly good. Remember, these are demos which means that they are unfinished versions of songs. Maybe some day we will actually fully finish and record some of them if you, the fans, yell loudly enough. Don't ask me why some didn't make the record; the politics of that question are too deep to get into. Suffice it to say, we are proud of this material and, to make the re-release really special, we also recorded our first new song in 10 years — a song called '30'."

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Stay Hungry reissue details   Stay Hungry reissue details Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 9:27 pm

That's quite a package (that's what she said!). I'm a little hesitant to buy this album for the 3rd time, but they sure made it interesting.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Stay Hungry reissue details   Stay Hungry reissue details Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 9:40 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
That's quite a package (that's what she said!). I'm a little hesitant to buy this album for the 3rd time, but they sure made it interesting.

I think this is the last time it will be messed with and will be a great way to lay it to rest for good and celebrate it's mark on the music world.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Stay Hungry reissue details   Stay Hungry reissue details Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 10:09 pm

Wow! Well, that's a reissue worth investing in.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Stay Hungry reissue details   Stay Hungry reissue details Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 10:14 pm

Troublezone wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I think this is the last time it will be messed with and will be a great way to lay it to rest for good and celebrate it's mark on the music world.

Oh, don't worry. I didn't say I wouldn't buy it. I will. And I'm still gonna b*tch about buying it for a 3rd time. Very Happy

Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Stay Hungry reissue details   Stay Hungry reissue details Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 10:17 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'm a little hesitant to buy this album for the 3rd time

I haven't bought it once (thank you public library). I will definitely invest in this reissue.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Stay Hungry reissue details   Stay Hungry reissue details Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 10:51 pm

Man, I am certainly grabbing this when it is released- for the third time!!! LOL. Any details on the release date?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Stay Hungry reissue details   Stay Hungry reissue details Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 2:42 am

It will be mine! OH ES, it will be mine!

Metal student
Metal student
80smetalrocks

Number of posts : 101

PostSubject: Re: Stay Hungry reissue details   Stay Hungry reissue details Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 8:01 am

I may have to get this.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Stay Hungry reissue details   Stay Hungry reissue details Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 8:51 am

I am sure at some point I will end up buying it but enough with the reissues!!!! How about an album of new material!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Stay Hungry reissue details   Stay Hungry reissue details Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 8:57 am

Sounds like a sweet package. The "new" bonus tracks by themselves justify picking this up.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stay Hungry reissue details   Stay Hungry reissue details Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 9:01 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Sounds like a sweet package. The "new" bonus tracks by themselves justify picking this up.

That's a big 10-4 good buddy.
Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: Stay Hungry reissue details   Stay Hungry reissue details Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 1:08 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Man, I am certainly grabbing this when it is released- for the third time!!! LOL. Any details on the release date?

Per the first post....looks like 6/23
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stay Hungry reissue details   Stay Hungry reissue details Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stay Hungry reissue details
Page 1 of 1