Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Biblical questions

Go down 
+19
GrandNational
sovdat
Chairman_Smith
Smindas
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
SAHB Healer
Louder
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
spiritoradio
mc666
scottmitchell74
T-Roy
Thrasher73
ultmetal
kmorg
MoonChild
Required Fields
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Biblical questions Empty
PostSubject: Biblical questions   Biblical questions Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 2:27 pm

It doesn't matter if you are Christian, Jewish, atheist, agnostic, Pagan, whatever. Just a couple of simple Bible questions:

1. How much of the Bible have you read? All of it, most of it, part of it, none of it?
2. Do you believe EVERYTHING in the Bible? Or do you believe part of it, but not all of it? Or do you not believe in it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

Biblical questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biblical questions   Biblical questions Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 2:46 pm

Required Fields wrote:

1. How much of the Bible have you read? All of it, most of it, part of it, none of it?
None of it

Required Fields wrote:

2. Do you believe EVERYTHING in the Bible? Or do you believe part of it, but not all of it? Or do you not believe in it?
The message yes, I do believe. It is not a belief, but a faith - almost every religious scriptures spread the same message.

I studied in a catholic convent, I used to go to church just like I go to temples......

all said and done, I believe religion is the bane of the world, and spirituality is the only key for oneness!

one step ahead - ROCK ON! 🤘
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Biblical questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biblical questions   Biblical questions Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 2:47 pm

I've read all of it.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Biblical questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biblical questions   Biblical questions Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 3:20 pm

Read all of it.

Believe all of it.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Biblical questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biblical questions   Biblical questions Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 3:59 pm

I believe it to be the inspired word of God.Although I havent read it from cover to cover,I have read the majority of it in my life.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Biblical questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biblical questions   Biblical questions Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 4:08 pm

I've read it all (great read by the way, I'd highly recommend it).

I believe it all.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Biblical questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biblical questions   Biblical questions Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 5:34 pm

Read and believe it all....
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Biblical questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biblical questions   Biblical questions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 1:37 am

Required Fields wrote:
It doesn't matter if you are Christian, Jewish, atheist, agnostic, Pagan, whatever. Just a couple of simple Bible questions:

1.) all of it
2.) none of it..but it's an interesting story.

btw: i wish no debate on the subject. i've always said.. whatever makes you a better person... so a conflicting belief does not bother me whatsoever.

spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

Biblical questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biblical questions   Biblical questions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 2:59 am

1. I've read Revelations, mainly because it is a cool story.
2. It's hard for me to believe in it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Biblical questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biblical questions   Biblical questions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 3:10 am

thrasher73 wrote:
I believe it to be the inspired word of God.Although I havent read it from cover to cover,I have read the majority of it in my life.

Same here
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Biblical questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biblical questions   Biblical questions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 9:48 am

1. Read a good portion of it.
2. It has some good stories.
Back to top Go down
Louder
Metal student
Metal student
Louder

Number of posts : 136

Biblical questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biblical questions   Biblical questions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 6:27 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
I believe it to be the inspired word of
God.Although I havent read it from cover to cover,I have read the
majority of it in my life.

Same here.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Biblical questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biblical questions   Biblical questions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 7:31 pm

1. Most of it. I've never made a close reading of the minor prophets, in fact I'm bogged down there right now. Inspiration comes and goes. Often I get sidetracked unto related historical material on some of the Egyptian, Jewish, or Roman characters that show up. Fun and interesting!

2. There is a great deal there that is profound and inspiring; some of which I live by. But I don't believe that it's speaking directly to me in 2007, no.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Biblical questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biblical questions   Biblical questions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 10:45 pm

1) Read It

2) Pat Robertson would call me a "liberal theologian"
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Biblical questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biblical questions   Biblical questions Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 3:51 pm

Don't even get me started on PAT ROBERTSON! angry lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Biblical questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biblical questions   Biblical questions Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 4:08 pm

I've never sat down and read the entire Bible from beginning to end but if you put together all the bits and pieces that I have read over the years, I'm fairly sure I've read the whole book at least once. In fact, I am sort of re-reading it now, as my son was given a "Children's Bible" at Sunday school last week so I've been reading a chapter to him before bed each night.

Do I believe what I've read? Maybe not every single solitary word, but at least a good hunk of it. I'd like to learn that turn-water-into-wine trick for myself.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Biblical questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biblical questions   Biblical questions Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 4:27 pm

T-Roy wrote:

Words cannot describe how much I HATE that man.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Biblical questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biblical questions   Biblical questions Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 5:53 pm

1. I think I've read... a paragraph, which was referenced in an anthropology book.

2. I'm quite agnostic / atheist. However, I appreciate the sentiment of being a good person, but I'm pretty sure my definition of said lifestyles is quite different to what the Bible shoots for.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Biblical questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biblical questions   Biblical questions Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 11:34 pm

T-Roy wrote:

LOL! I typed Jerry Fallwell, but remembered he was dead. Plus, I used to live in Virginia Beach, so I have strong (negative) feelings about him. Too bad they (pat, Jerry, Jimmy, etc) do more to turn people off to Christianity. Well, there was the time he claimed to have prayed away a hurricane for the area. Then again, that same hurricane hit further up north
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Biblical questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biblical questions   Biblical questions Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 2:59 pm

1. Not Alot, most of what I know has been told to me or read ABOUT.
2. I think alot of the stuff dealing with Jesus actually happened, albiet a bit exaggerated. Alot of stuff is probably more symbolic then "real", or told in an epic way.

I'm more spiritual then religious, I beleive in God.
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

Biblical questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biblical questions   Biblical questions Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 3:42 pm

1. All, but that was quite some time ago.
2. Not much
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Biblical questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biblical questions   Biblical questions Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 8:09 pm

Very cool topic.

1. I have read all of it, a few times over actually.

2. Do I believe everything in the Bible? I believe it is Truth, because it is the inspired Word of God, or as we say in my tongue, The Breathe of God. With that being said, I do not believe everything in it is factual down to the last letter. For instance, I believe that God created this world, but is the 6 day creation fact? Can we truely know if it last 6 human days? Would it matter if you didn't believe it? It still would not change the Truth of God.

It would be dangerous and as history has shown it to be to interpret everything in it literally. After all, how can humanity think that it can put God in a box when He is above all and His mystery's beyond our grasp of understanding? God does not live in a book.

One must realize that the Church came before the Bible was put together in the 4th century when all the inspired Scriptures of the Old and New Testament needed to be separated from those deemed less "Christian". For close to 400 years Christians lived without having what we know today as the Bible all nicely put together and bound up.

What bugs me about Christians of today is the lack of historical perspective they have and how they have reduced the Mystery of God to a single book they will follow letter by letter.
Back to top Go down

Biblical questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biblical questions   Biblical questions Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 2:55 am

1. One page

2. Sorry it's just hard for me to believe any of it.
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

Biblical questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biblical questions   Biblical questions Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 2:47 am

Never have but, will do someday, if I'm bored.
Back to top Go down

Biblical questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biblical questions   Biblical questions Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 5:06 pm

Read it all, believe it all, seen direct evidence in my life of changes since I began truly walking in faith. (and am SO thankful on many levels...)

But at the same time, I can understand the difficulties many of you have with the Bible. There's wild stuff in there to grasp.

And yes, I started with Revelations - in church as a child, I was bored to death and it was the most interesting thing in there at the time!

For those who never have read it and/or do not desire to, I would say you still should at least read the book of Proverbs. You just might appreciate the wisdom to be found there. =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Biblical questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biblical questions   Biblical questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Biblical questions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next