Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015

Go down 
+18
metaldude
Boris2008
Thelemech
thejokeriv
exact33
MetalGuy71
James B.
Required Fields
Witchfinder
nevermore
DallasBlack
Leatherface
manny
Fat Freddy
corplhicks
chewie
tohostudios
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 5:17 pm

The other stories are pretty boring and blah but I still think this one holds up pretty well

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 5:19 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Never knew that was an adaptation of a short story.

Richard Matheson.  THE finest horror/genre writer of the 20th century.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 5:54 pm

S.D. wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Never knew that was an adaptation of a short story.

Richard Matheson.  THE finest horror/genre writer of the 20th century.

No argument from me.  Kolchak The Night Stalker.

Not to mention Twilight Zone, Star Trek, Night Gallery and a host of movies

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 6:06 pm

I Am Legend, Duel, Hell House, The Shrinking Man, What Dreams May Come, Bid Time Return (Somewhere in Time), A Stir of Echoes, Button Button, etc....

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 6:27 pm

I used to read a lot of horror anthologies when I was a kid.  When I was in the library looking for something to read I always scanned the list of authors.  Richard Matheson was always one I looked for.  Surprisingly (at least to me), Rod Serling was another one.  That guy wrote some amazing stuff IMO.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 7:01 pm

Watched this again for about the 5th time.  It's very low budget but the actress who portrays the title character is just so good; she conveys a lot of emotion without uttering a single comprehensible word.  And most of the family is so eminently hateable that the payoff is totally worth it.

The stupid alt-rock music soundtrack still annoys the hell out of me though.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 3:15 am

Deathgasm - C-. Sorry HOM, this metal-themed horror comedy from NZ under-performs. If you enjoy juvenile humor full of bad taste yet devoid of wit or intelligence, then have at it. Hellraiser Spinal Tap this is not. And the OTT gore is overly cartoonish with a "wet" look that just doesn't convince. Last point: most of the music is extreme metal. The highlight of the film is the Skull Fist number during the end credits.

Insidious - B+. I really can't stand haunted house movies. In fact, I can only think of three I've ever enjoyed: Poltergeist, House, and the recent We are Still Here which was enough to turn me onto the genre. That said, I can add this as a slight fourth. Not bad, especially seeing how director James Wan handles his craft with skill. The only issue is the film falls flat during the third act and I lost interest. But still a notch above the cesspool and thankfully anti-cliche.

American Horror Story - A! Off to a f*ckin' hardcore start! The quasi-80's vibe fits well, Lady GaGa is actually a great fit, and I love the slow reveal. "What the F*ck is going on" was a question I couldn't help shouting at the screen. And man did they amp up the sex and violence viscera this season. Thinking this could be the best so far from Murphy and co.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 11:45 am

Dual Survival
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 12:08 pm

Ladybugs - Rodney Dangerfield as a girls soccer coach who uses his girlfriend's son as a ringer. Fun stuff, especially for fans of the late great Rodney.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 2:52 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Tremors 5: Bloodlines" (2015)

The Graboid problem has gone global! When the critters turn up in South Africa, there's only one man to call ... survivalist and Graboid hunter extraordinaire Burt Gummer, who teaches the natives a thing or two about how to handle the pests. Not as cartoony as most of the prior installments, this one is more of a straight up creature feature as Burt encounters a new mutant strain of Graboid that's even more bad-ass than the American variety.

Just watched this one a second time cuz my niece is staying w/us this weekend, and she hadn't seen it yet. Still fun stuff!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 3:59 pm

Breaking Bad Season 3
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 6:51 pm

Continuum
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 10:09 pm

Last Man On Earth

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 8:43 am

The Walking Dead season 6 premiere
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 9:38 am

007 wrote:

Same here. Off to a strong start! Great direction in this episode. That horde was impressive...

Also:

Time After Time - A-.

Explorers - A-

Flight of the Navigator - B+

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 12:40 pm

Spent all of Sunday in bed with the head-cold from hell, so it was binge-watch TV day. Today may end up being more of that same as I still feel like crap and it's too hot to go outside and do anything. Went to the grocery store at 7:30 this morning before the heat kicked in.

Doctor Who - loving the new season, wonderfully creative.

Supernatural - season 10. Somehow this show remains entertaining even if the best era ended about 5 seasons ago...

Twilight Zone - Going to work my way through this series in chronological order, something I've never done before (though I have seen the entire series multiple times).
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 12:43 pm

I've watched the entire Twilight Zone series in chronological order twice. I think it's pretty obvious the creative juices were starting to dry up in the final season. It's also painfully obvious that the hour-long episodes required a lot of padding to get to that length thus lessening the overall impact of those episodes.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 8:09 pm

corplhicks wrote:
007 wrote:

Same here. Off to a strong start! Great direction in this episode. That horde was impressive...

Agree - after watching the episode it made me realize that Fear The Walking Dead really does suck.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 8:23 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
007 wrote:

Agree - after watching the episode it made me realize that Fear The Walking Dead really does suck.

lol!

I wonder if they purposely made FTWD in such an underwhelming fashion just to make TWD THAT much better. The contrast is stark.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 10:31 pm

Man on the Moon. I really enjoyed the film, it had me laughing pretty damn loud at times, and I like the depth that's present in Andy Kaufman's story; there's something that I relate to in perceiving life as a joke. Though, I don't know how I feel about the ending. A part of me just wanted the bittersweet death rather than the hint at some crazy conspiracy.

and I watched the Studio Ghibli film Kiki's Delivery Service the other day, and really loved it. Miyazaki and the crew really know how to create a world that stands alone and allows you to fully suspend your disbelief. And as a plus, the animation is spectacular, with such rich color and detail, and the characters are so emotive. I've been trying to watch as many of their films as I can, seeing as my youth is fleeting, haha.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 10:46 pm

Wurthless wrote:

and I watched the Studio Ghibli film Kiki's Delivery Service the other day, and really loved it. Miyazaki and the crew really know how to create a world that stands alone and allows you to fully suspend your disbelief. And as a plus, the animation is spectacular, with such rich color and detail, and the characters are so emotive. I've been trying to watch as many of their films as I can, seeing as my youth is fleeting, haha.  

I really love the works of Miyasaki. That said, Spirited Away was my introduction to the man and nothing I have seen since then has come close. That is an awe-inspiring work of art that grabbed my heart without letting go. Don't get me wrong, everything I've seen thereafter has been great, but not nearly the power of SA. I think the closest was Ponyo. I have a couple others I need to catch up with. Kiki's was very good indeed. But SA is just...F*ck what an experience.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 12:56 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Wurthless wrote:

I really love the works of Miyasaki. That said, Spirited Away was my introduction to the man and nothing I have seen since then has come close. That is an awe-inspiring work of art that grabbed my heart without letting go. Don't get me wrong, everything I've seen thereafter has been great, but not nearly the power of SA. I think the closest was Ponyo. I have a couple others I need to catch up with. Kiki's was very good indeed. But SA is just...F*ck what an experience.

Spirited Away was my introduction too, and the reason I began seeking out all the Studio Ghibli stuff I could find. I can't even adequately describe the qualities I loved so much about Spirited Away, it's such a gripping and fantastic story. It's so layered, and the first time I watched it I was stoned as all hell and I had to turn it off because it convinced me I was dreaming, lol. In a sober state I watched it again and it honestly made me feel like a little child all over again, allowing me to really take it all in with that sense of wonder that seems to be slowly slipping away as life around me becomes more "real."

And I downloaded Castle in the Sky from 86 to see some earlier Ghibli work. I'm sure I'm going to love it. I try not to read anything about plot beforehand when watching any of their movies, just to let their storytelling do all the work.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 9:39 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Wurthless wrote:

Spirited Away is a masterpiece and Miyasaki's best work. Howl's Moving Castle is pretty good too.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 10:39 am

Criminal Minds
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 10:43 am

Agents Of SHIELD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 23 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015
Page 23 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29 ... 36  Next