Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version

Go down 
+11
brokentulsa
assault_attack
Thelemech
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
nevermore
Boris2008
akeldama
MetalGuy71
Wurthless
Dark Horseman
glassprison
15 posters
AuthorMessage
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version Empty
PostSubject: Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version   Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2017 8:21 am

Two immediately come to mind for me:

KISS--Coming Home

And, Harem Scarem--Coming Down (from the acoustic Melodic Rock EP, a limited edition release that they put and gave to concert-goers for free after they weren't able to make it to the Melodic Rock Fest that they were scheduled to perform at).
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version Empty
PostSubject: Re: Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version   Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2017 11:50 am

Don't know if I like it better but I really enjoy this:
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version   Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2017 11:56 am

This works well.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version   Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2017 1:05 pm

not like the original version isn't mostly acoustic, but Alice in Chains' Nutshell is so much better on their Unplugged album than the Jar of Flies EP.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version   Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2017 1:22 pm

Most of those Rick Rubin American Recordings really. But this one in particular just cuts me to the bone.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version   Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2017 2:39 pm

^Oh yeah.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version   Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2017 3:55 pm

The Johnny Cash stuff was a bit of a cheat 'cause that wasn't his song to begin with.

As far as the same artist doing their own songs, I prefer Nirvana's Unplugged album over most of their studio output. I listen to that album more than any other Nirvana album I own. Most of those songs really take on a different tone when they're stripped down.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version   Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2017 4:43 pm

I think Zakk is better vocally on his acoustic stuff.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version   Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2017 10:13 pm

Kiss-I Still Love You
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version   Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2017 10:28 pm

Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version   Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version Icon_minitimeFri Mar 31, 2017 2:06 am

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version   Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version Icon_minitimeFri Mar 31, 2017 12:15 pm

glassprison wrote:

That is a good one!
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version   Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version Icon_minitimeFri Mar 31, 2017 4:45 pm

The original is amazing. But, Biff completely breaks me down on this version.

Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version   Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version Icon_minitimeFri Mar 31, 2017 5:05 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Most of those Rick Rubin American Recordings really. But this one in particular just cuts me to the bone.

I shed a tear for Johnny every time I see this vid.
R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version   Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version Icon_minitimeSat Apr 01, 2017 1:55 am

Jimi starts over at 50 second mark.

Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version   Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version Icon_minitimeSat Apr 01, 2017 11:41 am

Dream On..

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version   Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version Icon_minitimeSat Apr 01, 2017 12:40 pm

I don't think any of those are better than the original scratch
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version   Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version Icon_minitimeSat Apr 01, 2017 12:50 pm

I think this became, what acoustic songs do you really enjoy though I think Hurt by Cash is better then the original.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version   Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version Icon_minitimeSat Apr 01, 2017 6:56 pm

i enjoy this one more than the original (but both are good):

Eclipse - The Storm

the original

BloodWinter
Metal novice
Metal novice
BloodWinter

Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version   Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version Icon_minitimeWed May 17, 2017 11:43 am

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version   Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version Icon_minitimeWed May 17, 2017 1:07 pm

BloodWinter wrote:

I like it, but.... no. Electric is greatness.

Imaginations is possibly my #1 favourite album of all time.
Back to top Go down
BloodWinter
Metal novice
Metal novice
BloodWinter

Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version   Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version Icon_minitimeWed May 17, 2017 1:44 pm

Lari wrote:
BloodWinter wrote:

I like it, but.... no. Electric is greatness.

Imaginations is possibly my #1 favourite album of all time.

I heard the acoustic version first so I admit to being a bit biased. I feel like it captures a darker sound. But I love both versions!
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version   Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 8:39 am

Nirvana's version of Man Who Sold The World
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version   Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Songs you like an acoustic version of better than the original (electric) version
Page 1 of 1