Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which Track Has the Upper Hand on Running Wild's “Black Hand Inn” ?

Go down 
+6
Gilbert
BearOnUnicycle
MetallicSeminarian
MoonChild
80s Metal Lady
10 posters

The Curse
Which Track Has the Upper Hand on Running Wild's “Black Hand Inn” ? Vote_lcap0%Which Track Has the Upper Hand on Running Wild's “Black Hand Inn” ? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Black Hand Inn
Which Track Has the Upper Hand on Running Wild's “Black Hand Inn” ? Vote_lcap8%Which Track Has the Upper Hand on Running Wild's “Black Hand Inn” ? Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Mr. Deadhead
Which Track Has the Upper Hand on Running Wild's “Black Hand Inn” ? Vote_lcap8%Which Track Has the Upper Hand on Running Wild's “Black Hand Inn” ? Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Soulless
Which Track Has the Upper Hand on Running Wild's “Black Hand Inn” ? Vote_lcap15%Which Track Has the Upper Hand on Running Wild's “Black Hand Inn” ? Vote_rcap
 15% [ 2 ]
The Privateer
Which Track Has the Upper Hand on Running Wild's “Black Hand Inn” ? Vote_lcap23%Which Track Has the Upper Hand on Running Wild's “Black Hand Inn” ? Vote_rcap
 23% [ 3 ]
Fight the Fire of Hate
Which Track Has the Upper Hand on Running Wild's “Black Hand Inn” ? Vote_lcap23%Which Track Has the Upper Hand on Running Wild's “Black Hand Inn” ? Vote_rcap
 23% [ 3 ]
The Phantom of Black Hand Hill
 8% [ 1 ]
Freewind Rider
 8% [ 1 ]
Powder & Iron
Which Track Has the Upper Hand on Running Wild's “Black Hand Inn” ? Vote_lcap7%Which Track Has the Upper Hand on Running Wild's “Black Hand Inn” ? Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Dragonmen
Which Track Has the Upper Hand on Running Wild's “Black Hand Inn” ? Vote_lcap0%Which Track Has the Upper Hand on Running Wild's “Black Hand Inn” ? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Genesis (The Making and the Fall of Man)
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

Which Track Has the Upper Hand on Running Wild's “Black Hand Inn” ? Empty
PostSubject: Which Track Has the Upper Hand on Running Wild's “Black Hand Inn” ?   Which Track Has the Upper Hand on Running Wild's “Black Hand Inn” ? Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 11:38 am

Note: Sorry I'm late with this poll. I was at a convention in Los Angeles Saturday and didn't get home until late

Released on March 24, 1994, Black Hand Inn is a concept album of sorts that follows the story of character John Xenir who was burned at the stake with only his charred hand remaining. Resurrected somehow, he starts a fortune telling business in The Black Hand Inn. To be honest, I didn’t know there was a concept until researching the album for this poll. To me, this album was just a collection of bad-ass songs.

Blazon Stone and Pile of Skulls were tough polls because there were not, in my opinion, any obvious stand-out tracks. Black Hand Inn poses a different problem. There are SO MANY stand-out tracks. After I started listening to this album, it quickly became my second favorite behind Port Royal and, like Port Royal, so many of my all-time favorite RW tracks are on this album.

Favorite songs of mine include the catchy “Soulless” and “The Privateer.” “The Phantom of Black Hand Hill” is also an excellent songs. It’s not as catchy as the former two tracks, but is heavier and really flies. I could see voting for any of these three, but there are two other tracks even better, in my opinion.

The infectious grooves in “Fight The Fire of Hate” makes me want to dance. Really! I listen to it all the time. It almost got my vote, too, but there is one other song I skip through my mp3 player to hear time and time again. That song is “Mr. Deadhead.” I think I am addicted to it. The drums are the key. They make this song kick so much ass. Then when they kick in right at the end—AWESOME!

I'm wondering if posting a video for these albums would help boost participation. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a video with the full Black Hand Inn album, but this is the start to a playlist. Not sure if it will automatically go to different tracks here, but it gets the ball rolling:

Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Which Track Has the Upper Hand on Running Wild's “Black Hand Inn” ?   Which Track Has the Upper Hand on Running Wild's “Black Hand Inn” ? Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 12:42 pm

My Vote:

Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Which Track Has the Upper Hand on Running Wild's “Black Hand Inn” ?   Which Track Has the Upper Hand on Running Wild's “Black Hand Inn” ? Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 2:04 pm

Fight the Fire of Hate, but every song is awesome. My favorite album of theirs.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Which Track Has the Upper Hand on Running Wild's “Black Hand Inn” ?   Which Track Has the Upper Hand on Running Wild's “Black Hand Inn” ? Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 4:37 pm

The Phantom of Black Hand Hill gets my vote. It was the first song to pop into my head.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Which Track Has the Upper Hand on Running Wild's “Black Hand Inn” ?   Which Track Has the Upper Hand on Running Wild's “Black Hand Inn” ? Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 4:24 am

No further votes? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Which Track Has the Upper Hand on Running Wild's “Black Hand Inn” ?   Which Track Has the Upper Hand on Running Wild's “Black Hand Inn” ? Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 7:06 am

The Privateer. That machinegun guitars are sooooo good.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Which Track Has the Upper Hand on Running Wild's “Black Hand Inn” ?   Which Track Has the Upper Hand on Running Wild's “Black Hand Inn” ? Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 3:56 pm

The first RW album I got and one of the best metal cds ever released. The entire album smokes! Soulless is awesome.

that reminds me. Gonna pull it out and play it loud in my car tomorrow morning.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Which Track Has the Upper Hand on Running Wild's “Black Hand Inn” ?   Which Track Has the Upper Hand on Running Wild's “Black Hand Inn” ? Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 3:36 am

Gilbert wrote:
The entire album smokes! Soulless is awesome.

cool headbanger
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Which Track Has the Upper Hand on Running Wild's “Black Hand Inn” ?   Which Track Has the Upper Hand on Running Wild's “Black Hand Inn” ? Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 8:49 pm

Fight The Fire Of Hate is one of my all time favorite metal songs so this was a no brainer for me.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Which Track Has the Upper Hand on Running Wild's “Black Hand Inn” ?   Which Track Has the Upper Hand on Running Wild's “Black Hand Inn” ? Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 8:58 pm

I went Privateer. This was my first RW cd and i got it from goodwill.

Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Which Track Has the Upper Hand on Running Wild's “Black Hand Inn” ?   Which Track Has the Upper Hand on Running Wild's “Black Hand Inn” ? Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 5:27 pm

This was the first RW I heard also, and gotta go with 'fight the fire of hate'. That song is kind of the obvious anthem of the album, but I also really like the track 'genesis'.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Which Track Has the Upper Hand on Running Wild's “Black Hand Inn” ?   Which Track Has the Upper Hand on Running Wild's “Black Hand Inn” ? Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2016 12:37 am

Funny, the note at the top of the thread mentioned I was late with the poll (like, would anyone notice, haha) because I was at a convention. I'm leaving for that same convention in two days.

"Fight the Fire of Hate" is awesome. There are so many incredible songs on this album. It's my second favorite RW album.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Which Track Has the Upper Hand on Running Wild's “Black Hand Inn” ?   Which Track Has the Upper Hand on Running Wild's “Black Hand Inn” ? Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 11:02 pm

Freewind Rider. It's a Priest-clone through and through but damn the energy is relentless. Love that double-stop-filled riff.

Killer album!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Which Track Has the Upper Hand on Running Wild's “Black Hand Inn” ?   Which Track Has the Upper Hand on Running Wild's “Black Hand Inn” ? Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2016 6:29 am

Freewind rider is indeed an awesome song.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Which Track Has the Upper Hand on Running Wild's “Black Hand Inn” ?   Which Track Has the Upper Hand on Running Wild's “Black Hand Inn” ? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 12:54 am

I didn't realize until recently that genesis has the whole annunaki alien story line going on, haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Track Has the Upper Hand on Running Wild's “Black Hand Inn” ?   Which Track Has the Upper Hand on Running Wild's “Black Hand Inn” ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1