Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which Running Wild Track is the Most "Resilient"?

Go down 
+2
80s Metal Lady
6 posters

Soldiers of Fortune
Which Running Wild Track is the Most "Resilient"? Vote_lcap29%Which Running Wild Track is the Most "Resilient"? Vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
Resilient
Which Running Wild Track is the Most "Resilient"? Vote_lcap0%Which Running Wild Track is the Most "Resilient"? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Adventure Highway
Which Running Wild Track is the Most "Resilient"? Vote_lcap0%Which Running Wild Track is the Most "Resilient"? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
The Drift
Which Running Wild Track is the Most "Resilient"? Vote_lcap14%Which Running Wild Track is the Most "Resilient"? Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Desert Rose
Which Running Wild Track is the Most "Resilient"? Vote_lcap29%Which Running Wild Track is the Most "Resilient"? Vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
Fireheart
Which Running Wild Track is the Most "Resilient"? Vote_lcap14%Which Running Wild Track is the Most "Resilient"? Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Run Riot
 14% [ 1 ]
Down to the Wire
 0% [ 0 ]
Crystal Gold
 0% [ 0 ]
Bloody Island
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

Which Running Wild Track is the Most "Resilient"? Empty
PostSubject: Which Running Wild Track is the Most "Resilient"?   Which Running Wild Track is the Most "Resilient"? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 11:39 am

The final RW poll! These 15 weeks have flown by. Resilient was released on October 2, 2013. I’ve been listening to this album a lot these past few weeks. I didn’t know if I liked it that much as no songs really stood out. Then, the more I listened, the more I began to dig certain tracks. First it was “Desert Rose.” It has a unique sound. It’s different from the usual RW song both musically and lyrically. I don’t remember too many female characters in their songs, anyway.

“Run Riot” is a fun, upbeat track. I thought maybe it was a cover as it sounds familiar for some reason, but I guess it is not. It would definitely be single-worthy, if a single was released from this album, as it is very accessible. I also like “Crystal Gold.” Then the title track emerged as a stand-out. I almost selected that one for this poll

The last songs that finally took hold were the catchy “Down To The Wire” and the fast and furious “Fireheart.” That guitar part during the verses really flies. When I finally settled on a favorite, I went with the first track I liked from this album, “Desert Rose.” I just gravitate to it. I really like the sound and, living in the southwest, it makes me think of my surroundings when I go on long road trips, though that probably isn’t the imagery the band had in mind, LOL.

Anyway, I really enjoyed doing these polls. I wish we had more participation, but probably a lot of these albums are not very well-known. I hope someone picks a band and starts a new chapter of these album polls. Like with the Saxon polls, it gives me a reason to fill in gaps in the discographies of bands I already like and I can find new gems, like my new favorite Saxon songs “Red Star Falling” and “Metalhead,” or the goldmine that is the entire Brotherhood album by RW.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

PostSubject: Re: Which Running Wild Track is the Most "Resilient"?   Which Running Wild Track is the Most "Resilient"? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 11:53 pm

I don't want to end my polls with no votes, LOL. It is available on Spotify and on YouTube:

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Which Running Wild Track is the Most "Resilient"?   Which Running Wild Track is the Most "Resilient"? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 9:30 am

I'll have to give this one a listen to. I don't own it yet.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Which Running Wild Track is the Most "Resilient"?   Which Running Wild Track is the Most "Resilient"? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 2:30 pm

The Drift.

Not much a fan of this album.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Which Running Wild Track is the Most "Resilient"?   Which Running Wild Track is the Most "Resilient"? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 2:28 pm

80s Metal Lady - thank you for the Running Wild polls, though I agree it did not attract enough member participation.

Rock on!
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

PostSubject: Re: Which Running Wild Track is the Most "Resilient"?   Which Running Wild Track is the Most "Resilient"? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 11:54 pm

MoonChild wrote:
80s Metal Lady - thank you for the Running Wild polls, though I agree it did not attract enough member participation.

Rock on!

Thanks! I hope someone else starts another set of album polls. They motivate me to listen to entire discographies of bands by which I might have only heard a few records.
Back to top Go down
IvanDragon
Metal novice
Metal novice
IvanDragon

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: Which Running Wild Track is the Most "Resilient"?   Which Running Wild Track is the Most "Resilient"? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 9:53 am

I am fan of RW from Death or Glory, I liked to know they returned... but in my opinion thats not OLD RW usual record.

Its a solid one but misses that BIG magic Moments.
I choose FIREHEART Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.hardnheavymetalhitsradio.com
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Which Running Wild Track is the Most "Resilient"?   Which Running Wild Track is the Most "Resilient"? Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 11:38 pm

Such an overlooked album, their best since Pile of Skulls! I remember when it first came out and I was endlessly scratching my head as to why it was so neglected around these parts.

Desert Rose by a WIDE margin. Actually one of my favorite RW tracks as of late. Very emotional and a great vamp during the main riff.

Props for these polls, 80's ML. Great choice, too; sorry I was so late to the party.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

PostSubject: Re: Which Running Wild Track is the Most "Resilient"?   Which Running Wild Track is the Most "Resilient"? Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2016 2:29 am

corplhicks wrote:

Props for these polls, 80's ML. Great choice, too; sorry I was so late to the party.

Better late than never! That's why I selected the option to keep the polls open indefinitely.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Which Running Wild Track is the Most "Resilient"?   Which Running Wild Track is the Most "Resilient"? Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2016 2:31 am

Soldiers of fortune.

Easily one of their best albums ever.

Thank you for these polls. You're putting me back on a running wild mode now!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Running Wild Track is the Most "Resilient"?   Which Running Wild Track is the Most "Resilient"? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1