Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which Track Wins Running Wild’s "Masquerade"?

Go down 
+2
80s Metal Lady
6 posters

Which Track Wins Running Wild’s Masquerade?
The Contract / The Crypts of Hades
Which Track Wins Running Wild’s "Masquerade"? Vote_lcap0%Which Track Wins Running Wild’s "Masquerade"? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Masquerade
Which Track Wins Running Wild’s "Masquerade"? Vote_lcap0%Which Track Wins Running Wild’s "Masquerade"? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Demonized
Which Track Wins Running Wild’s "Masquerade"? Vote_lcap17%Which Track Wins Running Wild’s "Masquerade"? Vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Black Soul
 0% [ 0 ]
Lions of the Sea
Which Track Wins Running Wild’s "Masquerade"? Vote_lcap33%Which Track Wins Running Wild’s "Masquerade"? Vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
Rebel at Heart
Which Track Wins Running Wild’s "Masquerade"? Vote_lcap33%Which Track Wins Running Wild’s "Masquerade"? Vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
Wheel of Doom
 0% [ 0 ]
Metalhead
 0% [ 0 ]
Soleil Royal
 0% [ 0 ]
Men in Black
 0% [ 0 ]
Underworld
Which Track Wins Running Wild’s "Masquerade"? Vote_lcap17%Which Track Wins Running Wild’s "Masquerade"? Vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

Which Track Wins Running Wild’s "Masquerade"? Empty
PostSubject: Which Track Wins Running Wild’s "Masquerade"?   Which Track Wins Running Wild’s "Masquerade"? Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 9:25 am

Masquerade was released October 30, 1995 and is the worst selling of all the RW albums. It is a very solid album like all of theirs up to this point, but it may have been seen as a letdown following the jam-packed Black Hand Inn. According to Wikipedia, this album began a trio of releases which took on a good versus evil theme. Usually these concepts escape me as I’m just listening for powerful, kick-ass tracks.

My favorite ones off this album are “Demonized,” “Lions of the Sea,” “Rebel at Heart,” “Metalhead,” and “Men in Black.” “Black Soul” is also a highlight with the pounding drums. “Men in Black” was immediately memorable because of its catchy opening riff/chorus. That song was definitely considered for my vote. “Lions of the Sea” is the total package. The opening has a haunting beauty and then it bursts into a furious, powerful rocker. It also has a catchy chorus. That song almost got my vote, but “Rebel at Heart” is catchy as heck and the part of the guitar solo beginning at 3:16 sealed the deal.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Which Track Wins Running Wild’s "Masquerade"?   Which Track Wins Running Wild’s "Masquerade"? Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 9:31 am

Here's the full album. The two bonus tracks at the end aren't part of this poll.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Which Track Wins Running Wild’s "Masquerade"?   Which Track Wins Running Wild’s "Masquerade"? Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 10:03 am

Lions Of The Sea for me.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Which Track Wins Running Wild’s "Masquerade"?   Which Track Wins Running Wild’s "Masquerade"? Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 10:34 am

DEMONIZED!!!!
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Which Track Wins Running Wild’s "Masquerade"?   Which Track Wins Running Wild’s "Masquerade"? Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 12:40 pm

Lions of the Sea is the standout track, epic and one of the best songs they've done.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Which Track Wins Running Wild’s "Masquerade"?   Which Track Wins Running Wild’s "Masquerade"? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 10:07 am

This album was a downfall for me. Partly for the production, partly for the songs being not as memorable and chanting as before with the improved theirs. Have to relisten to it at some time.
"Underworld" has the dynamics of RW I feel in love with , so it gets +1. Generally their epics were getting better with time, while other tracks were kinda stagnating and starting to sound too samey.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Which Track Wins Running Wild’s "Masquerade"?   Which Track Wins Running Wild’s "Masquerade"? Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 11:04 pm

Agreed about the lead on Rebel at Heart. The whole song smokes and has a killer groove.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Track Wins Running Wild’s "Masquerade"?   Which Track Wins Running Wild’s "Masquerade"? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which Track Wins Running Wild’s "Masquerade"?
Page 1 of 1