Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which Running Wild Track Wins “The Rivalry”?

Go down 
+3
MoonChild
80s Metal Lady
7 posters

March of the Final Battle (The End of All Evil)
Which Running Wild Track Wins “The Rivalry”? Vote_lcap0%Which Running Wild Track Wins “The Rivalry”? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
The Rivalry
Which Running Wild Track Wins “The Rivalry”? Vote_lcap0%Which Running Wild Track Wins “The Rivalry”? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Kiss of Death
Which Running Wild Track Wins “The Rivalry”? Vote_lcap11%Which Running Wild Track Wins “The Rivalry”? Vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
Firebreather
 0% [ 0 ]
Return of the Dragon
 0% [ 0 ]
Resurrection
 0% [ 0 ]
Ballad of William Kidd
Which Running Wild Track Wins “The Rivalry”? Vote_lcap22%Which Running Wild Track Wins “The Rivalry”? Vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
Agents of Black
 0% [ 0 ]
Fire and Thunder
Which Running Wild Track Wins “The Rivalry”? Vote_lcap44%Which Running Wild Track Wins “The Rivalry”? Vote_rcap
 44% [ 4 ]
The Poison
 0% [ 0 ]
Adventure Gallery
 0% [ 0 ]
Man on the Moon
 0% [ 0 ]
War and Peace
Which Running Wild Track Wins “The Rivalry”? Vote_lcap22%Which Running Wild Track Wins “The Rivalry”? Vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

Which Running Wild Track Wins “The Rivalry”? Empty
PostSubject: Which Running Wild Track Wins “The Rivalry”?   Which Running Wild Track Wins “The Rivalry”? Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 3:17 pm

The Rivalry is the first album I could not find on Spotify or in its entirety on YouTube. I found a good deal for the CD on Amazon, so this album and Victory are the only physical copies of Running Wild albums I have. I wanted to upload the full album on YouTube to help folks who don’t have it participate in this poll, but I do not have a verified account so am unable to upload videos over 15 minutes long. I don’t know if it is worth it to post songs not available on YouTube. Let me know if you would listen to them if I uploaded them.

Released in 1998 The Rivalry was the second in the trilogy of good versus evil-themed albums (according to Wikipedia). Like with Masquerade, it wasn’t a big seller. It doesn’t have as many memorable tracks as their previous albums with only three really standing out for me. Nothing weak is here, either, just the usual RW offerings.

The title track is strong with a memorable, catchy riff. The near 9-minute “Ballad of William Kidd” is a highlight. I know that song as track #7 (playing music on a CD gives me a different perspective, LOL). My choice for this poll, though, is track #9 (“Fire and Thunder”). Every time it comes on I immediately think, “Yes! I like this song!” The killer opening riff just hooked me right away and has never let go. I didn’t even realize until preparing for this poll that it is over 7 ½ minutes. It doesn’t seem that long to me.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Which Running Wild Track Wins “The Rivalry”?   Which Running Wild Track Wins “The Rivalry”? Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 3:35 pm

I picked War And Peace. It's a really cool tune.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Which Running Wild Track Wins “The Rivalry”?   Which Running Wild Track Wins “The Rivalry”? Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 2:19 am

Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Which Running Wild Track Wins “The Rivalry”?   Which Running Wild Track Wins “The Rivalry”? Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 2:37 am

I chose Fire and Thunder over War and Peace, but The Poion is a song I like a lot too.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Which Running Wild Track Wins “The Rivalry”?   Which Running Wild Track Wins “The Rivalry”? Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 9:53 pm

Thanks for the link MoonChild! headbanger
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Which Running Wild Track Wins “The Rivalry”?   Which Running Wild Track Wins “The Rivalry”? Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 2:20 am

80s Metal Lady wrote:
Thanks for the link MoonChild! headbanger

headbanger headbanger headbanger

But more votes, please!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Which Running Wild Track Wins “The Rivalry”?   Which Running Wild Track Wins “The Rivalry”? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 3:56 pm

Kiss of death
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Which Running Wild Track Wins “The Rivalry”?   Which Running Wild Track Wins “The Rivalry”? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 6:01 pm

Had to go back and listen again it's been so long. The Ballad was the only song that stood out, not a lot grabs me on this one.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Which Running Wild Track Wins “The Rivalry”?   Which Running Wild Track Wins “The Rivalry”? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 1:44 pm

I'd say this one is the cathciest of all RW albums. Not sure why its not listed among their best, cause it smokes from start to finish imo, balancing blazing speed and memorabilty perfectly, without getting repetitieve. I'll vote randomly since I like every song here pretty much equally.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Which Running Wild Track Wins “The Rivalry”?   Which Running Wild Track Wins “The Rivalry”? Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 11:26 pm

Ballad of William Kidd is one of the most powerful tunes Rolf has ever written.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Running Wild Track Wins “The Rivalry”?   Which Running Wild Track Wins “The Rivalry”? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1