Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What SPORTS did you watch today?

Go down 
+11
bassman
chewie
exact33
thejokeriv
Wrecked Neck
Boris2008
Witchfinder
nevermore
Lari
tohostudios
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39597

What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 6:06 pm

Come on Chiefs !
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 6:08 pm

Does anyone outside of New England like the Patriots? They have to be one of the most universally despised sports franchises.

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 6:10 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Does anyone outside of New England like the Patriots?  They have to be one of the most universally despised sports franchises.

Say what you want about the cheating, etc, but the primary reason people hate the Patriots?

Because they are f*cking good and have been for a l-o-n-g time now.  People hate them because they win and win and win and win and win.  Even when they don't cheat...they win.

I could care less one way or another, life is too short to *hate* a sports team, it's just not that important (to me), it's solely entertainment.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 6:32 pm

S.D. wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Does anyone outside of New England like the Patriots?  They have to be one of the most universally despised sports franchises.

Say what you want about the cheating, etc, but the primary reason people hate the Patriots?

Because they are f*cking good and have been for a l-o-n-g time now.  People hate them because they win and win and win and win and win.  Even when they don't cheat...they win.

I could care less one way or another, life is too short to *hate* a sports team, it's just not that important (to me), it's solely entertainment.  

That's actually my #1 reason for hating them; I don't like dynastic teams unless they're my teams. I don't like Belichik either because he comes off as a cocky, moody SOB. So yeah, I hate the Patriots. More than any other team in any sport.

But we're starting to feel some of that same sentiment here in STL when it comes to baseball. People are hating on the Cardinals because they seem to be in the playoffs every year. Of course since they're my team, that doesn't bother me in the least. Laughing

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 6:33 pm

Geez, that was a pathetic start to the 2nd half

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 7:19 pm

Like I said, people hate them because they've been so good for so long, they hate Tom Brady because he's a bad motherf**ker, they hate Belichik because he's one seriously intelligent, cunning, tricky bastard that other teams have a hard time beating.

Think back in time to the Steelers or the Cowboys of the 70s, people hated those teams for the same basic reasons.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 7:19 pm

ARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!

That DAMN HORN!!!!! As if I needed more reasons to hate the Patriots!

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 7:23 pm

Well this one is over.

I can't stand that F'n horn anymore so I'm flipping over to the GB/AZ pregame.

A big GO! to my favorite team again, the Arizona Cardinals!!!!

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 7:29 pm

According to their stats the Patriots record when leading at half-time is 92 wins and 1 loss.

Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 8:16 pm

Dammit! That means the Pats are going to the Superbowl. I just don't see the Steelers or Broncos beating them.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 8:23 pm

Go Cardinals!

They were my team in the post-season anyway but now that they're my team period...

They need to capitalize now because Carson Palmer is 36 years old and that window has to be closing soon.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 11:34 pm

Aaron Rodgers is freakin' unbelievable!

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 11:44 pm

What a game!! AZ almost blows it with terrible clock management, only to have Palmer/Fiztgerald commit acts of awesomeness. One of the best playoff games I've seen. Amazing!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2016 1:18 am

Yeah, that game was so insane it bordered on the surreal. One of the most entertaining I've seen for a very long time.

Did anyone else notice how sloppily both teams played throughout? Smile
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39597

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2016 11:15 am

Yeah that was quite a game. Poor clock management, poor defense (give up a 4th and 20 and a hail mary pass with no time left ?) not to mention Green Bay's defensive breakdown in overtime. That one's gotta sting.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2016 1:41 pm

Seattle vs Carolina

This is a beatdown so far. 21-0 Panthers and the 2nd quarter just started.

-------

http://www.heartofmetal.net/viewtopic.forum?t=23389

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 40 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What SPORTS did you watch today?
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40