Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What SPORTS did you watch today?

Go down 
+11
bassman
chewie
exact33
thejokeriv
Wrecked Neck
Boris2008
Witchfinder
nevermore
Lari
tohostudios
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 2:23 pm

Eagles and Falcons. Then watched a little of the Vikings and 49ers game.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 5:09 pm

I see the Pirates beat the Cubs 5-4 today. Damn Bucs just won't lose this month.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 7:55 pm

WOOHOO!!!

Cards finally getting some of their big bats back. Matt Adams will be starting at first base tonight after missing 97 games with a torn quad. And Holliday is available off the bench as a pinch hitter after missing 49 games. Now if only the starting pitching can return to normal. Martinez goes tonight.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 10:01 pm

I saw the Cubs won game 2 against Pittsburgh 2-1.

Cards are tied with the Brewers 1-1 in the 7th and as usual have left a boatload of guys on.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 11:03 pm

Still tied 1-1 after 9. Going to bed. The Cards have a crappy record in extra inning games so I have a feeling I know how this one will end. Sleep

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39597

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 7:58 am

tohostudios wrote:
I saw the Cubs won game 2 against Pittsburgh 2-1.  

Yeah. Hurdle put out a rather soft bottom half line up in that game and Lester (the $155 million 9 game winner) pitched great, a complete game. The Pirates had a few opportunities but couldn't cash in.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 9:15 pm

Flipping back and forth between the Cards vs Brewers and the CNN Republican debate.  

Just saw Tommy Pham hit his second homer of the game (solo shot and now a 2 run shot).  Cards are up on Milwaukee 5-0 in the 4th with Garcia pitching.

EDIT: Wow, I tuned in to the debate for about 20 minutes and when I came back to the Cardinals game it was 5-4. Apparently Maldonado of the Brewers hit a 3 run shot in the bottom of the 4th.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 11:19 pm

Cards ended up winning 5-4. Rosenthal with his 45th save.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 8:10 am

I saw the Pirates vs Cubs and it was a rather interesting pitching duel between Burnett and Arrietta. Cubs got the lead 2-0 but the Pirates were able to tie it up on a couple of bizarre plays. Unfortunately , Vance Worley gave up a run in the 12th and the Pirates lost 3-2.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 10:58 am

Gonna have the Cubs/Pirates game on MLB Network today while I'm working.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 11:37 am

tohostudios wrote:

I'll have to follow that online from work. No radio and certainly no tv.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 2:14 pm

007 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I'll have to follow that online from work. No radio and certainly no tv.

You're probably better off; you wouldn't want to see this.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 2:34 pm

I see the score. Ugh. Pathetic. I'm sure it's not all on him since I can't keep constant tabs on the game but Charlie Morton (and Jeff Locke) should not be in the rotation.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 2:37 pm

The Pirates defense has been atrocious today.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 3:54 pm

9-6 final. The Pirates could have had at least 4 errors in that game

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 7:58 pm

Wow.

I saw the play where Kang got hurt and it looked bad but a torn MCL and broken tibia???? That's a tough loss for the Pirates.

For what it's worth, from what I saw I didn't think it was a dirty play; it was just one of those things that can happen to middle infielders on a double play attempt.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 8:27 pm

Checking the comments on the video on YouTube it seems a lot of Pirate fans think it was a cheap play.  I didn't see it that way but I'd probably feel differently if it was the Cardinals' infielder.  But I didn't see the Cubs player go out of the baseline to hit Kang or hit him after he'd already slid into the base so I think it was just an unfortunate entanglement.

EDIT: I'm not sure now about that play now. They showed a couple more replays of it during the Cardinal game and now I think it might have been a little more like a roll block by the runner.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 7:55 am

I just watched the play on youtube. I'm not really sure what to think though. Those types of plays happen almost every game. Some just end up with bad injuries. Sucks to lose Kang though.

Of course, the comments are always entertaining between the whiners and the defenders.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 5:00 pm

Cards are getting hammered by the Cubs 8-3 in the 7th. Starlin Castro has 6 RBIs including a 2 run HR and a 3 run HR. We've also handed out 10 walks (!).

Lance Lynn was awful again. His ERA since August is now over 5.00. They're talking about putting him in the pen for the post-season.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 8:19 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Cards are getting hammered by the Cubs 8-3 in the 7th. Starlin Castro has 6 RBIs including a 2 run HR and a 3 run HR. We've also handed out 10 walks (!).

Lance Lynn was awful again. His ERA since August is now over 5.00. They're talking about putting him in the pen for the post-season.

I watched this game. Haren hitting Holliday was a pretty scary moment!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 9:13 pm

nevermore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I watched this game. Haren hitting Holliday was a pretty scary moment!

Yeah it was. But not as scary as the line drive Tommy Pham hit off of Brewers' pitcher Jimmy Nelson last night.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2015 7:29 pm

Damn Cardinals lost again today.  Wacha sucked.  Cards trailed 5-1 in the 9th and managed to score 3 runs but that's where it ended, 5-4.  

More ejections in this game as the Cubs closer Rondon was ejected for hitting a batter.  After all the shenanigans yesterday the umps had a really short leash today.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2015 11:55 am

Watched Ole Miss beat 'Bama. Laughing very hard

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2015 12:00 pm

The Pirates were able to deal a loss to Kershaw last night as the Bucs won 3-2. Liriano was really on his game. And it was a big win, considering how the Cubs are surging.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2015 12:38 pm

The Cubs are really hitting the cover off the ball.

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What SPORTS did you watch today?
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next