Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What SPORTS did you watch today?

Go down 
+11
bassman
chewie
exact33
thejokeriv
Wrecked Neck
Boris2008
Witchfinder
nevermore
Lari
tohostudios
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39603

What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 5:42 pm

Just turned on the Pirates-Cubs game. The Buccos are losing 2-1 in the 5th.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 7:32 pm

Damn!  Stupid baserunning all over the place for the Cardinals. 

Detroit ended up winning 4-3 in 10 innings.  The Cards actually had Hayward at 2nd in the 8th and only one out and Grichuck doubled but Hayward DIDN'T SCORE. 

Stupid stuff like that doomed this game.  The Cardinal baserunning was atrocious.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 7:50 pm

The Pirates ended losing 4-1. They had 11 hits but stranded10 runners. Not a winning formula.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 2:25 pm

Pirates vs Cubs

Cards don't play until tonight on ESPN so I have MLB Network on and this is the game they're showing.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 3:14 pm

Who's this guy filling in for Bob Walk on color commentary for the Pirates?

EDIT: Nevermind they finally identified him. It's Steve Blass.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 4:32 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Who's this guy filling in for Bob Walk on color commentary for the Pirates?

EDIT:  Nevermind they finally identified him.  It's Steve Blass.

Yeah , Blass never does away games for them but Walk had other plans I guess (his son's wedding maybe?)
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 5:47 pm

Yeah it was a wedding. I caught that much. Glad to see the Buccos snap the Flubs winning streak. They were starting to get too full of themselves again.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25875

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 7:49 pm

Watched the Braves almost no-hit the Marlins. Getting ready to watch the Tigers and Cardinals.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 7:58 pm

nevermore wrote:
Watched the Braves almost no-hit the Marlins. Getting ready to watch the Tigers and Cardinals.

Same here.

That Shelby Miller/ Jason Heyward trade is looking like a steal right now. I was "iffy" on it when it was made but Miller looks to have rediscovered whatever he was doing before last year. He was just downright dominant today.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25875

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 8:19 pm

tohostudios wrote:
nevermore wrote:

Same here.

That Shelby Miller/ Jason Heyward trade is looking like a steal right now.  I was "iffy" on it when it was made but Miller looks to have rediscovered whatever he was doing before last year.  He was just downright dominant today.  

I agree. Miller totally dominated today. I was hoping he'd get that no-hitter.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 8:29 pm

I was too actually. I have no ill will toward the guy. And when he does well it reflects well on the Cardinals' farm system because he's a product of that.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 8:32 pm

Am I the only one who is totally annoyed by ESPN's strike zone graphic on their center field shot for EVERY SINGLE PITCH????  It bugs the hell outta me.  I'm ok with doing it on replays but for every single live pitch????  Really annoying IMO.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 8:38 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Yeah it was a wedding.  I caught that much.  Glad to see the Buccos snap the Flubs winning streak.  They were starting to get too full of themselves again.

Yeah they needed that win. Burnett's been phenomenal this year. His ERA is down around 1.38. Better run support and he's be at least 4-0.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 9:18 pm

007 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Yeah it was a wedding.  I caught that much.  Glad to see the Buccos snap the Flubs winning streak.  They were starting to get too full of themselves again.

Yeah they needed that win. Burnett's been phenomenal this year. His ERA is down around 1.38. Better run support and he's be at least 4-0.

I like Burnett.  I think he's an old-school pitcher; he wants to stay in a game until his arm falls off.  And like I said, the Cubs needed to be reminded that this is still a "rebuilding year" for them.  Every time the Cubs string 3 or more wins together their people start talking about going to the World Series. 2016 or after... maybe.  But his year?   Puhleeeeze....

And I'm already sick and tired of listening to Joe Maddon whining...I know it's all a ploy to try to motivate his delusional players but STFU already!

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 6:03 pm

Watched the Cardinals salvage the final game against Detroit on ESPN last night. Finally got a starter to go long into a game. Tonight we get clobbered by the Mets. The team didn't even get into New York until around 4am and it's Lackey vs Harvey so I'm already putting this one in the loss column.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 9:59 pm

After a heartbreaking 2-1 loss in 14 innings last night, the Cardinals rallied tonight to take a 10-2 win behind Wacha.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 10:09 pm

Pirates vs Twins. Liriano really put them in a hole tonight with a 6 run 2nd inning. By the 4th, it was 8-1. The Pirates chipped away at the lead but not enough and ended up losing 8-5.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 8:29 pm

C'mon Buccos!

I seriously want it to be the Cards and the Pirates for the division.  Pittsburgh has to beat out the Shlubs.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 8:29 pm

Cards are hammering Bartolo Colon in New York so far.  7-0 Cards in the bottom of the 4th.

Ended up a 9-0 shutout.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 7:39 am

Watched the Pirates vs Twins. After giving up 3 runs early Locke settled down and the Pirates were able to rally and tie it up. It went into extra innings and I went to bed. Turns out the Pirates lost 4-3 in 13. This is getting troublesome....
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 6:05 pm

Jaime Garcia got his first start of the season today and pitched pretty well (7 IP, 2 ER, 5 H) but the offense was AWOL and the pen sucked so STL lost 5-0.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 9:46 pm

Pirates vs Mets. Gerrit Cole pitched phenomenally tonight. Almost a complete game but couldn't quite seal the deal. Pirates won 4-1.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 9:51 pm

Looks like the Pirates are going to pick up a game on the Cards tonight.

I'm not sure what's wrong with Lance Lynn tonight but he's not throwing anywhere near as hard as he usually does.  Kendrys Morales has hit a 3 run HR and a 2 run HR and KC leads STL 5-0 in the 6th.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 10:24 pm

Pirates vs Mets. Burnett comes up big again only giving up 1 run as the Pirates chase Harvey out in the 4th by piling on 7 runs. The final ended up being 8-2. Doubly enjoyable since I can't stand New York based teams.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 10:42 am

Cards were cheated out of a game last night.  They lost 3-2 after the game was called in the 6th.  They sort of deserved it though because twice they had men at third base with less than 2 outs and didn't score.

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today?   What SPORTS did you watch today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What SPORTS did you watch today?
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next