Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD)

Go down 
+14
Citanul
MetalGuy71
Glower
MoonChild
mikeinfla
James B.
Troublezone
Gilbert
Witchfinder
Required Fields
Shawn Of Fire
Eyesore
brokentulsa
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD) Empty
PostSubject: PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD)   PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD) Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 2:08 am

Did you guys know that Pete Willis of def leppard fame recorded with 2 bands after Def Leppard? One was called  Gogmagog and the other was Roadhouse....

Paul Di'Anno – lead vocals
   Pete Willis – guitars
   Janick Gers – guitars
   Neil Murray – bass
   Clive Burr – drums, percussion

Paul Jackson
Pete Willis
Richard Day
Wayne Grant
Frank Noon
Trevor Brewis
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD)   PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD) Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 6:22 am

Yup. Gogmagog is okay, but Roadhouse is excellent.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD)   PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD) Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 8:23 am

Quote :
Pete Willis – guitars
Janick Gers – guitars
Neil Murray – bass

That line up sounds killer in theory...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28367

PostSubject: Re: PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD)   PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD) Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 8:26 am

*Peter Griffin kicks someone* ROAD HOUSE!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39184

PostSubject: Re: PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD)   PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD) Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 8:50 am

Required Fields wrote:
*Peter Griffin kicks someone* ROAD HOUSE!

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7606

PostSubject: Re: PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD)   PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD) Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 11:34 am

Gogmagog was a project put together by record producer Jonathan King and it's pretty bad. They only produced a three song EP called I Will Be There. The title track is a cover of a Russ Ballard song and is very poppy. If you are expecting kick-ass NWOBHM you are going to be sorely disappointed. Oh, Jonathan King is also a convicted pedophile. So there's that.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD)   PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD) Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 11:46 am

Witchfinder wrote:
Gogmagog was a project put together by record producer Jonathan King and it's pretty bad.  They only produced a three song EP called I Will Be There.  The title track is a cover of a Russ Ballard song and is very poppy.  If you are expecting kick-ass NWOBHM you are going to be sorely disappointed. Oh, Jonathan King is also a convicted pedophile.  So there's that.

I don't think it's that bad. Maybe the expectation was high given the musicians involved, I don't know. Reminds me a lot of Alice Cooper.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7606

PostSubject: Re: PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD)   PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD) Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 11:50 am

Eyesore wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Gogmagog was a project put together by record producer Jonathan King and it's pretty bad.  They only produced a three song EP called I Will Be There.  The title track is a cover of a Russ Ballard song and is very poppy.  If you are expecting kick-ass NWOBHM you are going to be sorely disappointed. Oh, Jonathan King is also a convicted pedophile.  So there's that.

I don't think it's that bad. Maybe the expectation was high given the musicians involved, I don't know. Reminds me a lot of Alice Cooper.

You're right. I was very disappointed when I heard it because I expected some killer heavy metal based purely on the lineup.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9854

PostSubject: Re: PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD)   PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD) Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 3:03 pm

Roadhouse are excellent. Will investigate more!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17044

PostSubject: Re: PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD)   PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD) Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 8:20 pm

Roadhouse sounds great! I need to hear more from them.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12528

PostSubject: Re: PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD)   PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD) Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 12:30 am

Yeah Pete Willis.....the balls of Def Leppard

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD)   PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD) Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 7:55 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Quote :
  Pete Willis – guitars
  Janick Gers – guitars
  Neil Murray – bass

That line up sounds killer in theory...

Agreed, I was quite excited upon hearing about it (about 5 minutes ago) and now I am ehhh.. Turns out Di'Anno hated it and only did it for the money. It's OK and not bad by any means, just not what I expected.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD)   PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD) Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 10:02 am

Eyesore wrote:
Yup. Gogmagog is okay, but Roadhouse is excellent.

I agree. Excellent line up for Gogmagog yet unimpressive, but Roadhouse rocked!
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD)   PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD) Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 10:48 am

When Def Leppard added Phil Collins as the guitar player -
I saw the change over - into a more glam - pretty - thing.
I was curious as to why Pete Willis got canned - he looked cool....
someone said booze - Like Dave Maistaine from Metallica - thus....
ah - how they mighty are fallen -
wonder if Pete could live on royalties of that one lp- etc.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD)   PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD) Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 11:28 am

Never heard of either one of those groups and honestly wasn't much impressed by either sample posted. The Roadhouse sounded ok, but not good enough to warrant the hefty price tag some Amazon sellers are asking. I don't care how rare it is if it doesn't sound good to me.

Glower wrote:
I was curious as to why Pete Willis got canned - he looked cool....
someone said booze - Like Dave Maistaine from Metallica - thus....

If the old Vh-1 'Behind the Music' was any indication, he was a drunk with little-man syndrome. Get a few drinks in him and he was ready to fight the world. I guess he became more trouble than he was worth on guitar.

Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD)   PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD) Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 2:22 pm

Glower wrote:

I think you've got the wrong guy there... lol!
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD)   PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD) Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 4:31 pm

Citanul wrote:
Glower wrote:

I think you've got the wrong guy there... lol!

lol!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD)   PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD) Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 6:16 pm

In the second song from Gogmagog, I swear Dianno is singing he's "living in a f**kin' towel". Is the third song about self lovin'? (I was gonna go with spanking the monkey but I didn't want MG to get angry) Smile These 5 guys were capable of so much better than this.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD)   PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD) Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 6:21 pm

Ok. the Roadhouse track was better, but didn't really knock me down. Reminds me a bit of Giant meets Winger. Imho, that's not a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD)   PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD) Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 10:19 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Ok. the Roadhouse track was better, but didn't really knock me down. Reminds me a bit of Giant meets Winger. Imho, that's not a bad thing.

That description stokes my interest.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD)   PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD) Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 7:34 am

I did not know about any of Pete Willis post Def Leppard recordings. I remember rags like Hit Parader would have news blurb that Pete Willis was putting the finish touches on his new band's recording, other times the finishing touches on his solo album, but no material ever saw the light of day, if these stories were even true to begin with
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD)   PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD) Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 9:36 am

I knew about GogMaGog, but I had no idea that Pete was in another band. I decided to give the Roadhouse album a listen on YouTube and I thought it was pretty good. Considering the talent in GogMaGog, I was expecting it to pack a bigger punch. That was really quite boring.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD)   PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2020 2:33 pm

I heard recently - that Willis was kicked out of the band because he wasn't photogenic -
That he was short - the least attractive - etc -
Def Lep / management wanted the MTV candy coated look.
Enter GIRL - Phil Collen. ( muscle-head ? The new Thor at 54 ha ha ).

Willis always claimed that Steve Clark was way worse of a drinker / partier than he was.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD)   PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2020 2:39 pm

PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD) M8dSO5VX0qVyG6ul5cpSvV5naugCNJrLWNfPVlNtPav0V3ipK1CJAdnLuWR-9hGb3k72jew68RV8UUwRLpnZQLDRGvXKAw
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD)   PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2020 3:56 am

Fun fact: One of the tracks from the Roadhouse album and three of its b-sides were co-written by Frank Noon, who played drums on the Def Leppard EP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD)   PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PETE WILLIS (DEF LEPPARD)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next