Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Skid Row Clones

Go down 
+16
Gilbert
mikeinfla
martinsane
brokentulsa
Thrasher73
corplhicks
Hadley
stpatrik
James B.
MetalGuy71
ZombieHavoc
Required Fields
Thelemech
kethdredd
Witchfinder
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

Skid Row Clones - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Row Clones   Skid Row Clones - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2018 10:40 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'm listening to Slik Toxik's Doin' the Nasty today. Anyone have ST's follow-up album Irrelevant? It came out in '94, smack dab in the middle of the grunge/alternative movement, so I'm wondering if it's worth picking up.

Did they stick to their Skid Row sound or try to grunge things up? They released a single/video and it's kinda slow and grungy, but I wonder if the whole album is like that.

Thoughts or opinions welcome.

It's terrible - a total grunge sellout album. At least that's what I remember from back in the day.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row Clones   Skid Row Clones - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2018 10:59 am

Eh, that's kinda what I'm gathering from samples and reviews.

That being said, I still might give it a shot. There are a handful of hair bands that tried their hand at grunge and while it might have tanked when released, in hindsight, aren't too bad 20+ years later.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row Clones   Skid Row Clones - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2018 11:22 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eh, that's kinda what I'm gathering from samples and reviews.

That being said, I still might give it a shot. There are a handful of hair bands that tried their hand at grunge and while it might have tanked when released, in hindsight, aren't too bad 20+ years later.

Exactly. It may have aged pretty well.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row Clones   Skid Row Clones - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2020 6:21 pm

Swedish sleaze merchants Confess have a new album out, Burn 'em All. Here's a sample...

Fast forward about 45 seconds for the music to kick in. Va coolt!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row Clones   Skid Row Clones - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2020 8:03 am

Wow. Confess rocks.
I’m not a Skid Row fan at all....but that that tune kicks !
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row Clones   Skid Row Clones - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2020 10:45 pm

Confess has a better catalog than Skids. The newest record is excellent!

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row Clones   Skid Row Clones - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2020 2:08 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Swedish sleaze merchants Confess have a new album out, Burn 'em All. Here's a sample...

Good stuff headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row Clones   Skid Row Clones - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2020 8:33 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Hmmm...never heard of this band. Pretty kick-ass stuff.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row Clones   Skid Row Clones - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2020 10:25 pm

Confess are great and looking back through this thread I had forgotten about Shiraz Lane and Santa Cruz. Good stuff!

mikeinfla likes this post

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row Clones   Skid Row Clones - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2020 9:39 am

Thanks for the heads up with Confess

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row Clones   Skid Row Clones - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2020 9:27 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Hmmm...never heard of this band. Pretty kick-ass stuff.

I only have their first album, Jail, and it smokes. Someone here (glassprison?) told me their 2nd album, Haunters, was a little more slick and polished, but I haven't heard it to say if that's a fair assessment. Their latest one came out back in February, but slipped under the radar. I do like what I hear though.

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row Clones   Skid Row Clones - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skid Row Clones
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3