Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES

Go down 
+21
Troublezone
Boris2008
chewie
Thelemech
glassprison
journeyman
tohostudios
metalinmyveins
GrandNational
Glower
Shawn Of Fire
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
manny
thejokeriv
corplhicks
nevermore
Witchfinder
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
brokentulsa
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES   VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 7:24 pm

I could stand all that but the guy's voice is just freakin' shot. He's horrible. As I added above, I think I could front Van Halen with a better voice than he has at this point.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES   VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 7:26 pm

I never thought I'd say it but they'd be better off with Sammy on vocals at this point. Geez, DLR just plain sux.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES   VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 7:29 pm

Quote :
I caught a VHIII lineup show

Of the singers they've had, Gary Cherone is probably the most capable of singing any of the DLR/Hagar era songs these days. Unless, of course, you count Mitch Malloy's two weeks--or whatever it was--in the band. I saw him at Melodic Rock Fest last year, and his rendition of "Feel Your Love" was fantastic. I can only imagine what a VH album with him on lead vocals would have sounded like.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES   VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 7:33 pm

I'd rather hear DLR talk the lyrics than Sammy Hagar sing any of them. In fact, I'd rather hear Stephen Hawking talk the lyrics with his voice box than hear Hagar sing any of them. Razz
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES   VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 7:39 pm

^^^ lol!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES   VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 7:39 pm

S.D. wrote:
I'd rather hear DLR talk the lyrics than Sammy Hagar sing any of them.  In fact, I'd rather hear Stephen Hawking talk the lyrics with his voice box than hear Hagar sing any of them.  Razz

Before witnessing this debacle I would have said the same thing. But good Lord, DLR can't sing back to back notes anymore at this point. And they're probably asking an ungodly amount for tickets to this tour. I'd go for about $20 just for the nostalgia factor but any more than that...forget it. Give me the mic. I can't do any worse than DLR.

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES   VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 8:19 pm

S.D. wrote:
I'd rather hear DLR talk the lyrics than Sammy Hagar sing any of them.  In fact, I'd rather hear Stephen Hawking talk the lyrics with his voice box than hear Hagar sing any of them.  Razz

Preach it, brother! Laughing
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES   VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 9:01 pm

Quote :
I'd rather hear DLR talk the lyrics

That would be a step in the right direction! Instead he insists on singing way up out of his range, and changing the melodies of the songs when there is absolutely no reason to.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES   VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 10:49 pm

I saw the last tour with DLR and I thought he sounded good, and maybe I am insane, sure his voice is not that strong at times ( understatement) but I enjoyed his performance
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES   VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 12:10 am

On top of the weak singing, he ACTS like a buffoon. He can't even achieve the high kicks anymore...I've no problem if he can't do it but why in god's name does he TRY?? All his posturing is showing his age and desperation. It's like watching a clown.

I saw them on their 2007 reunion and applauded his performance. He still had a bit of zing left in him. Now, judging from the Hollywood Bowl clip, it's gone. Time to retire and let it go.

I'm surprised no one is talking about him busting his nose on the mic stand. Not only did I find that hilarious, but what a way to kick off the tour with a confident vibe! Laughing
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES   VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 7:46 am

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES   VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 10:10 am

corplhicks wrote:

I'm surprised no one is talking about him busting his nose on the mic stand. Not only did I find that hilarious, but what a way to kick off the tour with a confident vibe! Laughing

14 stitches in his schnoz. Ouch. Seriously though, how long do you think Eddie and Alex are going to put up with his shenanigans?

PostSubject: Re: VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES   VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 11:27 am

Long enough to collect the coin from this tour.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES   VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 11:41 am

S.D. wrote:
Long enough to collect the coin from this tour.  

And not a second later. Laughing

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES   VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 11:47 am

I've got Van Hawking's version of Jump running through my head now!  Laughing
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES   VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 2:11 pm

That's where I'm always confused...and forgive me if I'm displaying ignorance here...but have these guys drained their bank accounts to the point of these tours being a fiscal necessity? Are they not making enough off of royalties and ancillary income? Or do they just not make enough to meet their cost of living?
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES   VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 2:23 pm

corplhicks wrote:
That's where I'm always confused...and forgive me if I'm displaying ignorance here...but have these guys drained their bank accounts to the point of these tours being a fiscal necessity? Are they not making enough off of royalties and ancillary income? Or do they just not make enough to meet their cost of living?

I can't see it. I think that DLR was from a very wealthy family even before VH. Cocaine and hookers are expensive but not THAT expensive!  Laughing I think that a lot of the time these guys want to go out and prove that they can still do it, which in Dave's case, he can't.

Oh and he's always been a clown!

VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES - Page 2 1216491233

Nice duds dude!  lol!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES   VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 3:35 pm

corplhicks wrote:

The thing is, and I've mentioned this before, we have no idea how much money these guys have or not. But more importantly, what kind of expenses do they have, not even counting crazy stuff like drugs or hookers. Big homes, fancy cars, ex-wives, lawyers, managers, etc. all cost money. The more money you have coming in usually means the more money you have going out.

Eddie, and not Wolfie from the looks of it, certainly aren't starving. But the bills keep coming in, whether they tour or not. Dave's always been over-the-top in everything he does, so I could see him burning through money without a second thought.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES   VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 6:59 pm

I love the music of the early VH albums, but they would've been even better with Sammy's voice. Hagar is a much better singer than Dave. If only they hired him when he left Montrose.

Last edited by Troublezone on Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES   VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 7:06 pm

VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES - Page 2 627712
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES   VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 7:12 pm

S.D. wrote:
VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES - Page 2 627712

Do you think Dave is a better singer? Or do you just like his stage prancing in his colorful spandex?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES   VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 7:16 pm

I can't stand Sammy Hager and I mean DETEST. HATE. LOATHE. DESPISE.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES   VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 7:18 pm

S.D. wrote:
I can't stand Sammy Hager and I mean DETEST. HATE. LOATHE. DESPISE.  

Fair enough. I like the albums with Roth, but I can't stand his flamboyant stage antics. And his voice is not doing too well these days...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES   VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 7:25 pm

If they were gonna hire Roth back, they should have done it back in '96 for the first "best of" album. I actually liked those two new songs, especially "Me Wise Magic".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES   VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 7:28 pm

In his prime Roth was the ultimate US hard rock frontman.  He was never the most gifted singer, but he had the personality and attitude to spare.  I don't think any of the 80s Sunset Strip bands ever got within 5000 miles of being as badass as Van Halen was in their late 70s/early 80s glory.  

Maybe not a popular opinion...but I don't really give a shit so it doesn't matter.  Razz

P.S. - Roth on his own...never did much for me however. Neither did Van Hagar. To me, they only really functioned together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES   VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VAN HALEN 2015 TOUR DATES
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next