Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TV theme songs by (relatively) well known musicians/bands not primarily known for TV/movie music?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

TV theme songs by (relatively) well known musicians/bands not primarily known for TV/movie music? Empty
PostSubject: TV theme songs by (relatively) well known musicians/bands not primarily known for TV/movie music?   TV theme songs by (relatively) well known musicians/bands not primarily known for TV/movie music? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 4:58 pm

Here's one by Saga:

And one by the AOR band FM (well, at least I'm 100% sure it's Steve Overland on the vocals)

The theme for the '90s Spider-man cartoon was done by Joe Perry:

This was apparently done by Keith Emerson:

And I've read somewhere this was also recorded by some well known guitarist but I couldn't find out the name.

Any others that come to mind?
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

TV theme songs by (relatively) well known musicians/bands not primarily known for TV/movie music? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV theme songs by (relatively) well known musicians/bands not primarily known for TV/movie music?   TV theme songs by (relatively) well known musicians/bands not primarily known for TV/movie music? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 1:05 am

Nine Inch Nail's "A Warm Place" For the american version of Touching Evil.. I really liked this series but it  only had 13 episodes.

Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: TV theme songs by (relatively) well known musicians/bands not primarily known for TV/movie music?   TV theme songs by (relatively) well known musicians/bands not primarily known for TV/movie music? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 8:47 am

Vinnie Vincent did a lot of music for Happy Days.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: TV theme songs by (relatively) well known musicians/bands not primarily known for TV/movie music?   TV theme songs by (relatively) well known musicians/bands not primarily known for TV/movie music? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 9:54 am

Peter Gabriel did the theme for the short-lived Brimstone.

I take it you're referring to theme songs written specifically for a show, not the use of existing songs.  In which case, The Who and the various incarnations of CSI presumably wouldn't count.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TV theme songs by (relatively) well known musicians/bands not primarily known for TV/movie music?   TV theme songs by (relatively) well known musicians/bands not primarily known for TV/movie music? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TV theme songs by (relatively) well known musicians/bands not primarily known for TV/movie music?
Page 1 of 1