Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

any steve vai fans here

Go down 
+7
criss3o
mr.electric39
GrandNational
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
stepcousin
Smindas
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17077

any steve vai fans here - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: any steve vai fans here   any steve vai fans here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 11:28 pm

I think he is talented but overall his music bores me because it's a little too out there or spacey. I thought his work with DLR was probably the best in a band situation, i didn't care for his Whitsnake output as much and his solo stuff is a little on the weird side which i can't get into for the most part.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: any steve vai fans here   any steve vai fans here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 11:30 pm

troublezone wrote:
I think he is talented but overall his music bores me because it's a little too out there or spacey. I thought his work with DLR was probably the best in a band situation, i didn't care for his Whitsnake output as much and his solo stuff is a little on the weird side which i can't get into for the most part.

Get out of my brain!

I highly concur with my colleague troublezone's sentiments.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: any steve vai fans here   any steve vai fans here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 11:58 pm

I don't find Steve Vai's music boring at all, I am actually amazed at how many different sounds and directions Vai takes in some cases within a singal song.

As far band situation, I would say his best band was with David Lee Roth, but I also loved the work he did with Frank Zappa. Alcatrazz was ok, but I didn't feel the songwriting was that strong on the album he recorded with them. Whitesnake was ok, but it sounds like he was added on at the last minute, which in fact he was.

The Public Image LTD album he appears on titled "Album/Compact Disc/Cassette" (depending on the format you bought on) is stunning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: any steve vai fans here   any steve vai fans here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 12:21 am

It's the "weirdness" factor that appeals to me, there's enough chop heavy guitarists out there who don't take any risks material-wise. Vai doesn't always succeed with what he attempts, but at least he takes the chances that can pay off big under the right circumstances.

My interest in "conventional" metal guitarist has all but vanished over the years, give me the "out there" cats any day.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17077

PostSubject: Re: any steve vai fans here   any steve vai fans here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 8:01 am

spectrefate wrote:
troublezone wrote:

Get out of my brain!

I highly concur with my colleague troublezone's sentiments.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: any steve vai fans here   any steve vai fans here - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

any steve vai fans here
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2