Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Steve Morse

Go down 
+4
MEGATRON
chewie
Wargod
bgast1
8 posters
AuthorMessage
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

Steve Morse Empty
PostSubject: Steve Morse   Steve Morse Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 5:23 pm

Haven't been over here in a while. I have a lot of catching up to do.

Anyway, for those of you that play guitar, or anyone else for that matter. Just how good is Steve Morse?

I have a DVD of Deep Purple where both Steve and Ritchie Blackmore both play a solo. I thought Steve's was a lot cleaner, and a lot more imaginative. I think that Steve is an excellent guitar player, one of the best that I have heard.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Steve Morse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steve Morse   Steve Morse Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 6:53 pm

Dixie Dregs hell yeah!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

Steve Morse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steve Morse   Steve Morse Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 7:32 pm

Morse kicks some serious ass and kills with that doublepick technique!!!!!
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

Steve Morse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steve Morse   Steve Morse Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 8:20 pm

I was paying attention to his technique as much as could while I watched the dvd and it was amazing watching him. The DVD was Deep Purple in concert with the London Symphony Orchestra. I pull this DVD out every now and then. Ronnie Jame Dio is on it too.

Steve plays some amazing solos along with the orchestra. The orchestra parts seem to be very complex, so I think that says a lot for Deep Purple as well.
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

Steve Morse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steve Morse   Steve Morse Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 8:38 pm

I love his work with Deep Purple. I prefer him over Blackmore.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Steve Morse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steve Morse   Steve Morse Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 11:31 pm

Steve Morse is one of the best axe slingers of all-time for sure. I love the Dixie Dregs and his solo stuff, his DP stuff also kicks ace.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Steve Morse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steve Morse   Steve Morse Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 8:46 am

I think Steve Morse is incredible, I am huge Blackmore fanboy so I like Deep Purple better with Blackmore but Steve Morse is incredible, and the work he did and does with Deep Purple is great.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

Steve Morse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steve Morse   Steve Morse Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 2:33 pm

MEGATRON wrote:

I agree on this. I have always wondered what makes Richie Blackmore so special? His inflated ego? I prefer Morse over Blackmore anytime.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Steve Morse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steve Morse   Steve Morse Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 2:45 pm

MoonChild wrote:
MEGATRON wrote:

I agree on this. I have always wondered what makes Richie Blackmore so special? His inflated ego? I prefer Morse over Blackmore anytime.

What makes him so special? It was music that he created with Deep Purple and Rainbow which set the template for what became heavy metal along with Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin, one of yours (mine also) favorite bands Iron Maiden were especially influenced by Deep Purple. Also Blackmore brought in a classical musical influence into hard rock.heavy metal before Yngwie and the shredders did, his guitar solos are mini compostions within themselves and the guy is a guitar god that people like Steve Morse and Joe Satrini both admire especially after having to play the songs he wrote, that is what makes him so special.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Steve Morse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steve Morse   Steve Morse Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 2:52 pm

Also at 65 Blackmore has a hot wife who just gave birth to his daughter last month,

Steve Morse Ritchie_candice
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

Steve Morse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steve Morse   Steve Morse Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 3:12 pm

I was never complaining about his talent, just his performance and ego. Smile But I agree with your statement above wholeheartedly.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Steve Morse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steve Morse   Steve Morse Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 3:24 pm

MoonChild wrote:
I was never complaining about his talent, just his performance and ego. Smile But I agree with your statement above wholeheartedly.

Well dude you are going to have a pretty big ego if you and your band are going to have a cover where your faces are on Mount Rushmore!!!
Back to top Go down

Steve Morse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steve Morse   Steve Morse Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 3:48 pm

A couple of things. Deep Purple is my favorite band of all time and I love Blackmore.

I saw Morse with DP and while he is a great guitarist, no doubt, he can't hold a candle to what I have seen of Blackmore. They are 2 different players with nothing incommon. Hearing Morse do the Blackmore songs just sounds like a cover band to me.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

Steve Morse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steve Morse   Steve Morse Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 9:08 pm

High Tension Wires and Southern Steel are 2 of my favorite instrumental albums.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Steve Morse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steve Morse   Steve Morse Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steve Morse
Page 1 of 1