Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bon Jovi "100,000 Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong" Japanese release

Go down 
+2
Gilbert
Vexer6
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

Bon Jovi "100,000 Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong" Japanese release Empty
PostSubject: Bon Jovi "100,000 Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong" Japanese release   Bon Jovi "100,000 Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong" Japanese release Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 7:15 pm

Anyone have the Japanese version of this album? It has an extra disc of bonus tracks that the U.S. version is lacking. This typically sells for hundreds of dollars on Ebay.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi "100,000 Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong" Japanese release   Bon Jovi "100,000 Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong" Japanese release Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 11:37 pm

I have it. Got it as a gift from my cousin who lives in toronto. Not much of a bon jovi fan though.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi "100,000 Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong" Japanese release   Bon Jovi "100,000 Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong" Japanese release Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 3:07 am

Not me, but I downloaded the fifth disc.

Back when this was released, my local Walmart had them mispriced at $19.99. I bought all of them, kept on, and sold the rest for profit. =)
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi "100,000 Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong" Japanese release   Bon Jovi "100,000 Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong" Japanese release Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 9:38 pm

I do not. I have the regular and really like it. I actually had no idea there was a Japanese version. I also did not realize how much music this band has!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi "100,000 Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong" Japanese release   Bon Jovi "100,000 Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong" Japanese release Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 11:07 pm

It's a pretty great collection in terms of all the unreleased material, but in my opinion it focuses way too little on the early years. Why, with a collection like that, that is intended for fans not radio hits, they chose to compile all those modern pop/rock tunes and very little old-school hard rock tunes is beyond me.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi "100,000 Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong" Japanese release   Bon Jovi "100,000 Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong" Japanese release Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 9:03 am

I've never heard this bonus disc, but I did borrow the set from my sister. My enjoyment of Bon Jovi ended at New Jersey (though I have recent appreciation for Keep the Faith, an album I ignored for 2+ decades).

I enjoyed stuff on the box set, but as mentioned above it would've been way better with more early stuff. Plus, if I remember right, wasn't each separate disc chronologically done, so each disc covered something from their career? That seems weird to me. I'd rather a disc of early stuff, a disc of 90s a disc of 2000s, whatever. That way, I can just listen to the disc of 80s stuff and be done. Ha. Maybe that was the point, trying to trick us into listening to outtakes from Have A Nice Day or whatever.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi "100,000 Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong" Japanese release   Bon Jovi "100,000 Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong" Japanese release Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 10:57 am

I checked out the tracklist for the 5th disc on wiki, and it looks nothing of interest to me hardly at all. "Love is War" is on the deluxe New Jersey. "Borderline" might be, depending when it's from? "Save A Prayer" could be good, as I like KTF, but I'm not big on some of the ballads, so if it's a ballad, I'm ok. Other than that, I'm good here.

1. "With a Little Help From My Friends" (Live)
2. "Love Is War" (B-side of Living in Sin single)
3. "Borderline" (Japan only single)
4. "Hush" (B-side of It's My Life single)
5. "I Wish Everyday Could Be Like Christmas"
6. "Save a Prayer" (Keep the Faith Japan Bonus Track)
7. "Fields of Fire" (These Days European 2 Disc Special Edition Bonus Track)
8. "Another Reason to Believe" (B-side of Everyday single)
9. "Let's Make It Baby" (These Days European 2 Disc Special Edition Bonus Track)
10. "The End" (These Days French Bonus CD Track)
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi "100,000 Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong" Japanese release   Bon Jovi "100,000 Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong" Japanese release Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 5:29 pm

Quote :
I also did not realize how much music this band has!

No kidding! I used to have upwards of 500 Bon Jovi songs on my iPod not including solo material, and that still wasn't everything. I've become burnt out on them in the last couple of years though; I found almost everything on the boxed set to be easily forgettable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi "100,000 Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong" Japanese release   Bon Jovi "100,000 Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong" Japanese release Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bon Jovi "100,000 Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong" Japanese release
Page 1 of 1