Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All things Metallica

Go down 
+56
Hadley
Wrecked Neck
candlemass
DallasBlack
glassprison
HeavyThrashhead
DevZor
tohostudios
7thSecond
Aaron_D
Wurthless
Addy
Mglaffas81
John Madden
Louder
ShadowAngel
Lari
akeldama
Thrasher73
Vexer6
Thelemech
nevermore
bgsully
the sentinel
Dark Horseman
A Handful of Wayne
kyleblack
mikeinfla
metalinmyveins
mlotek
Troublezone
Runicen
Required Fields
mc666
DakotaRogers
chewie
ZombieHavoc
Gilbert
Fat Freddy
exact33
corplhicks
MetalGuy71
DeathCult
Sword Of The Heretic
SideShowDisaSter
Smindas
James B.
MetalRob331
Eyesore
Boris2008
Witchfinder
Temple of Blood
BearOnUnicycle
manny
thejokeriv
60 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 602

All things Metallica - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2019 1:13 pm

James is back in rehab

Blabbermouth link
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2019 6:11 pm

That's a shame and also a bit scary. The last time James was in rehab, so was I! (albeit a completely different one)

Hope he gets sober. Addiction sucks when you are 30. I wouldn't want to go through it at 60.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2019 6:14 pm

Well I commend him for being proactive about it. That can't ever be an easy decision, and must be even more tough when it involves canceling scheduled tour dates.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2019 9:08 pm

I guess this is evidence that it’s a life long battle. Nonetheless, I hope he recovers for as long as possible!

Last edited by Troublezone on Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2019 10:44 pm

I know each rehab is different, I'm glad I went to one that pushed AA. which is funny, since before I went, I was looking for one that had nothing to do with AA, but couldn't afford any of those, so I settled. The reason I say this, is because I feel that if I ever did relapse, I'm pretty sure I'd never go back to a rehab, and just get my ass to a meeting. Rehabs are very useful and I wouldn't be sober today if I never went to one, but I can never understand people going to several of them after they relapse. Not trying to say I'm better or anything, each person thinks and does things differently, I just don't understand what you get out of another stay in rehab, over going to meetings and working the AA program with a sponsor.

Hope he gets healthy and stays sober this time. I might not care for their music, but I don't wish the kind of hell he's most likely going thru on anyone.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2019 3:55 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
I know each rehab is different, I'm glad I went to one that pushed AA. which is funny, since before I went, I was looking for one that had nothing to do with AA, but couldn't afford any of those, so I settled. The reason I say this, is because I feel that if I ever did relapse, I'm pretty sure I'd never go back to a rehab, and just get my ass to a meeting. Rehabs are very useful and I wouldn't be sober today if I never went to one, but I can never understand people going to several of them after they relapse. Not trying to say I'm better or anything, each person thinks and does things differently, I just don't understand what you get out of another stay in rehab, over going to meetings and working the AA program with a sponsor.

Hope he gets healthy and stays sober this time. I might not care for their music, but I don't wish the kind of hell he's most likely going thru on anyone.

I think that it's a very personal thing. 12 step quasi religious programmes never did a thing for me but I did therapy for a number of years after rehab.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2019 9:15 pm

Just before the rehab announcement, Lars had a quote on Blabbermouth (just one day before) that he thinks Metallica can go on for another 20 years...
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/lars-ulrich-can-see-metallica-continuing-for-another-two-decades/

Apparently James and Lars are on different pages. Lars has it easy, while James has the stress and burden of writing the music and carrying the band forward.

Last edited by Troublezone on Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2019 11:57 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

I think that it's a very personal thing. 12 step quasi religious programmes never did a thing for me but I did therapy for a number of years after rehab.
Yeah I get it trust me. Back when I went, I could only find one rehab that had nothing to do with an AA type program. It was almost 10 grand. I went with the very heavy AA based rehab for $2600.00 instead. I absolutely hated it the first couple weeks. I wasn't really a Satanist, but I identified more that way than Christianity. So all the talk of God and higher power made it really hard for me to deal with.

It was kind of funny. During the serenity prayer we said every night, everyone would start of "God..(pause)....Grant me the serenity" etc...So me, being the rebel dark angel of the group would always say God during the pause after everyone else said it, but I would say it in this mocking sarcastic way. The night before I went home they have a little goodbye party for people leaving and they all thought it was so cool I said God in the pause like I did, and thought it was me being spiritual or something. I didn't tell them I was being an asshole, but have always wondered if anyone carried on my tradition. Laughing

Anyways, I know if not for AA I wouldn't be here today. I don't go to meetings anymore, but a few years back I had a mental breakdown and almost relapsed. I knew if I didn't get to a meeting I would have. That's the reason I think being a part of that from the beginning was vital to my sobriety. It's,always there if you need it, so it's puzzling when people go to rehab several times. But I know lots of people hate AA and think it's a cult type thing or something. And who knows, maybe it is in a way, but I'd rather be brainwashed and alive than dead.

Oops, didn't realize I was writing a book here lol sorry.... angry
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3175

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2019 5:16 am

James Hetfield is worth 300 million dollars.
I'd retire. Are you kidding me ? Please.

I was in rehab for a week - I slept for 3-4 days. Awoke for medicine.
5th day was feeling good. Etc. AA for a bunch of years.
Relapsed 6 months ago. Have a way better grasp on things today though.
I remember seeing a poster for early Guns and Roses " Fresh out of Rehab, Playing tonight " lol

Oh, I read that John Bush from Armored Saint - was asked by Hetfield -
to be the singer for Metallica - before they recorded " Kill Em All " .
John Bush turned it down - feeling his band was really going places.
Bush says he has no regrets about his decision. I don't believe that !
By the way, Lars net worth is also 300 million dollars.
Back to top Go down
yaark
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2019 7:49 pm

Triple M (A commercial radio station here in Australia) has recently launched their Triple M Hard and Heavy DAB+ digitial radio station.

This launched on the 1st of October and they are playing Metallica only for the entire month of October, before switching to regular programming in November.

As it is is digital radio, there are basically no commercials, no news breaks, no pseudo comedians trying to entertain the masses, so it has just been back to back Metallica tunes. We have been listening while at work and while there have been several repeated tracks over the last couple of days, it hasn't gotten stale just yet, but don't think I will last the whole month listening to the one band for 9 hours a day!!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2019 9:47 am

Boris2008 wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

That's why I kind of hate AA. There is no doubt that AA helps people, but it also makes a lot of people think that God is the reason why they were able to get sober.

My father was an addict for 20 years. Started with alcohol, ended up a homeless heroin addict living out in the woods. But he dragged himself out of that mess. With help, no doubt, but he now attributes his being "saved" to God. He gives himself or others very little credit for that, when in fact he and those who helped him are the only reason he's sober.

And here's the kicker, he recently relapsed after 13 years. It's a long story, but he ended up in the hospital three times between last October and this January, sedated and intubated for longer each time—a week the first time, nearly a month the last. I am amazed he's not dead. He's doing better now under my care, but...he blames himself for the relapse. He thanks God for saving him, not the doctors, not his neighbor who first called the cops to do a wellness check on him back in October.

These guys blame themselves for the harm they do, but then give all the credit to God when they find the strength to crawl out of whatever hole they've dug for themselves. That's a bullshit game if you ask me.

But I guess you can't make millions off of people who are self-empowered, right?
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2019 12:32 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

That's why I kind of hate AA. There is no doubt that AA helps people, but it also makes a lot of people think that God is the reason why they were able to get sober.

My father was an addict for 20 years. Started with alcohol, ended up a homeless heroin addict living out in the woods. But he dragged himself out of that mess. With help, no doubt, but he now attributes his being "saved" to God. He gives himself or others very little credit for that, when in fact he and those who helped him are the only reason he's sober.

And here's the kicker, he recently relapsed after 13 years. It's a long story, but he ended up in the hospital three times between last October and this January, sedated and intubated for longer each time—a week the first time, nearly a month the last. I am amazed he's not dead. He's doing better now under my care, but...he blames himself for the relapse. He thanks God for saving him, not the doctors, not his neighbor who first called the cops to do a wellness check on him back in October.

These guys blame themselves for the harm they do, but then give all the credit to God when they find the strength to crawl out of whatever hole they've dug for themselves. That's a bullshit game if you ask me.

But I guess you can't make millions off of people who are self-empowered, right?

Not sure if anyone is getting rich at AA, but I don't know. Far as the rest of your post goes, I'll only speak for what I know. Yes, there is a lot of God talk, but its not like they preach Jesus or even talk about any type of religion. They say higher power a lot, and that can be anything you want it to be, including a rock, or a leaf, or whatever you want it to be. Pretty sure if I were to be forced to chose a religion, I'd be more of a Satanist than anything, and I went to meetings every day for years. All AA is is a place for people to help others out, share stories and work the steps. Each person s recovery is different, just like each persons addiction and path is different. Sounds like your dad got heavy into God and I say if it keeps him sober, then embrace it don't resent it.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2019 1:58 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

Not sure if anyone is getting rich at AA, but I don't know. Far as the rest of your post goes, I'll only speak for what I know. Yes, there is a lot of God talk, but its not like they preach Jesus or even talk about any type of religion. They say higher power a lot, and that can be anything you want it to be, including a rock, or a leaf, or whatever you want it to be. Pretty sure if I were to be forced to chose a religion, I'd be more of a Satanist than anything, and I went to meetings every day for years. All AA is is a place for people to help others out, share stories and work the steps. Each person s recovery is different, just like each persons addiction and path is different. Sounds like your dad got heavy into God and I say if it keeps him sober, then embrace it don't resent it.

But that's the thing, he's not heavy into God. Never has been. He learned all that in AA. Everyone I've ever know to have gone through AA as part of their recovery has come out the other side with the same mindset. I understand the value of the program, and how it's helped so many; I just wish there was a lot of more focus on showing people that they are strong enough to overcome addiction on their own, that they can even stay sober without the aid of AA.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2019 3:55 pm

Well I've been sober 22 years and other than my close call 4 years ago I really don't attend meetings anymore. I used to go at least three times a week for five or six years. I felt I no longer needed to go. I also feel there would be no way in hell I would have remained sober if not for AA. Truth be told, I am not the norm. I never sponsored anyone, and only did the steps once all the way through, except for me never sponsoring someone. My path isn't recommended with the majority of AA people, and that's why I said earlier that each persons recovery is different.

People getting sober on their own is possible, but I must say damn near impossible. By the time most addicts are ready for help, most of their family and friends have written them off. AA gives them a place to go to vent, cry, laugh, and hear you aren't the only one and not alone. Bottom line for me is, even if I became a God thumping religious nut job, at least I'm not killing myself or hurting others. I'd rather be sober than dead, and if I never got help through rehab and meetings I'd be dead by now.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2019 6:28 pm

I have no experience with AA, but I would say that every person is different and many people choose and want to thank God for strength. Some people don’t...
Obviously a God resistant non-Believer will have issues with their system.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2019 11:34 am

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2019 12:41 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:

Thoughts?

I like this one too:

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2019 7:32 pm

Interesting. And people have a lot of time on their hands.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2020 2:36 pm

Metallica is releasing S&M2, their 2nd collaboration mixing Metallica with a full symphony orchestra. I never cared much for the first one, so I imagine I'll pass on this one too.

All things Metallica - Page 22 Metallica-album-cover-5-e1596715575258

Meh. Probably be cool to see this live, but not something I'd listen to very often, if at all.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2020 3:33 pm

This won't be an instant purchase for me. I'd rather focus my budget on other more essential releases.

Might pick it up at a later stage though...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2020 3:45 pm

Hah, I'm psychic. When they did these orchestral shows last year, I joked to one of my friends that it probably meant an "S&M II" was on the way, so they wouldn't have to work on an actual new album for a little longer Laughing very hard

...and yeah, I agree with ya, MG. I own the first S&M and barely ever listen to it so I will skip this one too.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2021 5:21 am

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2021 1:09 pm

All things Metallica - Page 22 Metallicas-black-album-turns-30

Wanna feel really old?

Metallica's self titled "Black Album" was released 30 (!) years ago today.
That was a quick three decades.  All things Metallica - Page 22 1f62e

(begin shameless self promotion)
This is a look back at the album that I posted on my blog a few months ago:

https://discover.hubpages.com/entertainment/Metallicas-Black-Album-Turns-30

(end shameless self promotion)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2021 2:35 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
All things Metallica - Page 22 Metallicas-black-album-turns-30

Wanna feel really old?

Metallica's self titled "Black Album" was released 30 (!) years ago today.
That was a quick three decades.  All things Metallica - Page 22 1f62e

(begin shameless self promotion)
This is a look back at the album that I posted on my blog a few months ago:

https://discover.hubpages.com/entertainment/Metallicas-Black-Album-Turns-30

(end shameless self promotion)

30 years! Scary!

I remember walking inside a cd shop with a high school friend and buying the cd, shortly after it was out.

I also remember my friend buying a Skid Row EP that day.

The cd shop is long gone... Crying or Very sad.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2021 3:07 pm

I remember being really disappointed when I heard Enter Sandman the first time on the radio. It was a giant step back from the Justice album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All things Metallica
Page 22 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next