Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Styx, Tesla, and Def Leppard going on tour

Go down 
+10
ResedaCountryClub
JBall_Z
glassprison
Dark Horseman
Shawn Of Fire
mikeinfla
Thrasher73
Glower
Fat Freddy
Sword Of The Heretic
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 605

Styx, Tesla, and Def Leppard going on tour Empty
PostSubject: Styx, Tesla, and Def Leppard going on tour   Styx, Tesla, and Def Leppard going on tour Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2015 9:34 pm

http://teslatheband.com/newspost/def-leppard-styx-tesla-press-release/

I would love to go, but the closest show is 300 miles away in Dallas, and that ain't happening. Anyone here planning to go see them?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Styx, Tesla, and Def Leppard going on tour   Styx, Tesla, and Def Leppard going on tour Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2015 10:10 pm

Tesla = yay
Styx = Meh
Def Leppard = zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Styx, Tesla, and Def Leppard going on tour   Styx, Tesla, and Def Leppard going on tour Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 12:55 am

I used to be a roadie for Def Lep.( Hysteria tour / Europe as opener ) -
didn't know they sold over 100 million records - damn MTV made them huge !
I'd much rather see STYX though - only 30 million records sold ? I don't think so !
I watched a documentary about STYX - behind the music - fascinating story -
but I'm not sure if the original singer is with them - law suits etc -
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Styx, Tesla, and Def Leppard going on tour   Styx, Tesla, and Def Leppard going on tour Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 1:42 am

Might go to the Louisville show in September.Be cool to see Styx and Tesla.Hope Def Leppard plays a lot of stuff from High n Dry or Pyromania.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Styx, Tesla, and Def Leppard going on tour   Styx, Tesla, and Def Leppard going on tour Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 6:23 am

Glower wrote:
I used to be a roadie for Def Lep.( Hysteria tour / Europe as opener ) -
didn't know they sold over 100 million records - damn MTV made them huge !
I'd much rather see STYX though - only 30 million records sold ? I don't think so !
I watched a documentary about STYX - behind the music - fascinating story -
but I'm not sure if the original singer is with them - law suits etc -

No, Dennis is no longer with them but Styx still puts on a great show. I have seen them about 7 times since 1999, all without Dennis (and I have seen them 4 times with Dennis, I prefer that he be there because he is a better singer than Gowan but they still put on a great show).

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Styx, Tesla, and Def Leppard going on tour   Styx, Tesla, and Def Leppard going on tour Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 9:38 am

If I get get lawn tix on Groupon again like I did Kiss/Def Lep last year I'll go. Smile

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Styx, Tesla, and Def Leppard going on tour   Styx, Tesla, and Def Leppard going on tour Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 10:23 am

I'd love to see Tesla again, I might try to go to this.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Styx, Tesla, and Def Leppard going on tour   Styx, Tesla, and Def Leppard going on tour Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 12:00 pm

I always love seeing Tesla and Def Leppard. I've never seen Styx, but could do without them. I might try and go to the September show in Tinley Park, but it's at a terrible venue.
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Styx, Tesla, and Def Leppard going on tour   Styx, Tesla, and Def Leppard going on tour Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 6:34 pm

I would really like to see the them when they kick off the tour in Tampa, but it might be a hard sell. I saw Styx in 2010, and they were excellent.  I haven't seen Def Leppard since Pyromania and I've never seen Tesla.  It's a great, fun line-up in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
ResedaCountryClub
Metal novice
Metal novice
ResedaCountryClub

Number of posts : 86

PostSubject: Re: Styx, Tesla, and Def Leppard going on tour   Styx, Tesla, and Def Leppard going on tour Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 8:10 pm

Great bill! I don't think there's an L.A. date. WTF?
Back to top Go down
https://www.spreaker.com/show/hard_rocking_trivia_show
Mac & Cheese
Metal novice
Metal novice
Mac & Cheese

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: Styx, Tesla, and Def Leppard going on tour   Styx, Tesla, and Def Leppard going on tour Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2015 9:34 am

I've seen STYX a million times and Def Leppard quite a few times too but have never seen Tesla. Last night I saw Dennis DeYoung with his new band at Penns Peak PA. Incredible show last night
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Styx, Tesla, and Def Leppard going on tour   Styx, Tesla, and Def Leppard going on tour Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2015 4:22 pm

It'd be sweet if Tesla came out during Lep's set and played "Song & Emotion." Such a killer tune, one of the best tributes I've ever heard.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Styx, Tesla, and Def Leppard going on tour   Styx, Tesla, and Def Leppard going on tour Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2015 7:47 pm

saw def lep.last year. Fun show but don't need to see them this year. Saw them with Styx and Foreigner a few years back.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Styx, Tesla, and Def Leppard going on tour   Styx, Tesla, and Def Leppard going on tour Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 3:56 pm

I saw Styx about 10 years ago on a triple bill with Journey and REO at the Worcester Centrum and they were okay. I have never seen Tesla or the Leppard but would really like to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Styx, Tesla, and Def Leppard going on tour   Styx, Tesla, and Def Leppard going on tour Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Styx, Tesla, and Def Leppard going on tour
Page 1 of 1